Thief Re-Roll celebration day

in Thief

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

Lets all reroll on DECEMBER 10th 2013 as a celebration for arenanet winning in the thief vs arenanet battle.

Gaurdian or Engineer is looking fun with the new changes

in Thief

Posted by: irishking.8956

irishking.8956

im prob lean towards warrior or mez since both are pretty op

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Thief Exodus started months ago. Thief Exodus day is somewhere in august or september.

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Thief Exodus started months ago. Thief Exodus day is somewhere in august or september.

yes this.. thief is not even in a good state right now.

All is vain.

in Thief

Peow peow.2189

Yeah and with the upcoming changes we are going to be the new free kill on the food chain. I just rolled a Mesmer as we speak

in Thief

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

I’m happy with the changes, I can take my D/D thief into WvW and continue wrecking exactly as hard as I was last week and the week before. Maybe even a bit stronger with a base 33% increase in initiative. Reduced aftercast on Pistol Whip means it’s likely going to start hitting before the enemy isn’t stunned again. Sundering Strikes got a great buff, with no ICD, it’s going to be a good few stacks of Vulnerability on more bulky targets.

Hey, maybe some of the Thieves that were playing D/P that are complaining now will go start other classes. Naturally they’ll be new to the class and bad. More kills for me, I guess.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

in Thief

Posted by: Walker.3056

Walker.3056

I got a mesmer i like it but i love my thief so hard to take nerfs when i know i wont change mains…

in Thief

Peow peow.2189

I’m happy with the changes, I can take my D/D thief into WvW and continue wrecking exactly as hard as I was last week and the week before. Maybe even a bit stronger with a base 33% increase in initiative. Reduced aftercast on Pistol Whip means it’s likely going to start hitting before the enemy isn’t stunned again. Sundering Strikes got a great buff, with no ICD, it’s going to be a good few stacks of Vulnerability on more bulky targets.

Hey, maybe some of the Thieves that were playing D/P that are complaining now will go start other classes. Naturally they’ll be new to the class and bad. More kills for me, I guess.

Only your base ini increases your overall gain will drop with the nerf to crit tree and unless you still pick up qr or infi signet.
D/d may be okay in wvw for now, but in tpvp most thief build are junk with the new changes.

Oh and I may be a free kill for the first week I play, but I’ll get you back once I learn my new class

(edited by Peow peow.2189)

in Thief

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

D/D and P/D got buffed a bit. S/D ate a moderate nerf, while cheesewheel D/P got forcefed an entire nerf-pizza. Only folks dead-set on that last spec, and only that last spec, need to re-roll their class.

Stealth builds (non-perma division) got buffed.

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

in Thief

Peow peow.2189

DEc 10th guys that is all

in Thief

Posted by: avilo.1942

avilo.1942

Lets all reroll on DECEMBER 10th 2013 as a celebration for arenanet winning in the thief vs arenanet battle.

Already re-rolled 80 warrior a while ago. After i saw how anet was beginning to slowly but surely destroy infiltrator’s strike/shadow return i immediately started an ele and then warrior.

They are nerfing sword AGAIN. So yes, i think i made the right decision ages ago. Ironically, sword is one of the few weapon sets that is not reliant on stealth, and they’ve continually battered it into the ground.

Oh well, waiting for the January patch preview where they reveal they are removing condition removal from the sword too. Then I can just sit here and just shake my head while i play on my warrior and just be sad that the thief used to be my favorite, but it will always be anet’s punching bag.

in Thief

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

Nah, i’ll just spec “ninja nurse” and start trolling ppl in soloq.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

in Thief

Posted by: Stress.2436

Stress.2436

if they make those changes to sword i will put my bolt and incinerator down and leave the game

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

after reading so much QQ i think the main problem is that no thief is actually doing something which demonstrate what anet have done to this class.

all the videos out there showing short clips of thieves doing 1 -2 movement burst against uplvl / pugs or doing some permastealth abuse and not any single video against OP warriors/guardians or perplexity engineers or PU mesmers that pretty much can take us easily or stay alive soucking our dmg while running away
sure every class have few great players who can do wonder in any situation.

but what do you expect anet to do if the only videos out there showing how thieves are strong?

so pls ppl start to make videos of you doing 1v1/2/3 and losing or fighting against perma vigor classes or bunker builds while being useless, or fighting with a group while standing alone aside while the necros harvest all the bags from you

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I started lvling a Guardian. It’s pretty fun, and at least I can still shadowstep. He’s lvl 30 atm, from exp scroll and wvwvwvwing.
AND HOLY MOTHER OF DWAYNA I CAN FRICKEN WEAR PANTS AND A BODY PIECE WITHOUT A SKIRT!!! HOLY@#&$#ITS AMAZING#$&#($& * Sweet godlike entity how do I make that text bigger and darker, because seriously it’s absolutely mindblowing to me.

after reading so much QQ i think the main problem is that no thief is actually doing something which demonstrate what anet have done to this class.

all the videos out there showing short clips of thieves doing 1 -2 movement burst against uplvl / pugs or doing some permastealth abuse and not any single video against OP warriors/guardians or perplexity engineers or PU mesmers that pretty much can take us easily or stay alive soucking our dmg while running away
sure every class have few great players who can do wonder in any situation.

but what do you expect anet to do if the only videos out there showing how thieves are strong?

so pls ppl start to make videos of you doing 1v1/2/3 and losing or fighting against perma vigor classes or bunker builds while being useless, or fighting with a group while standing alone aside while the necros harvest all the bags from you

So what I understand from your post is Anet is only listening to QQs and seeing Thief Gank videos and never actually playing the class or testing any of it anywhere beyond the stationary spvp mist target dummies.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

in Thief

Posted by: Rafahil.2857

Rafahil.2857

How is d/p ruined? Seriously the only thing d/p lost is the perma stealthing. In combat I’ve never used the stealth stacking because it was never needed. People mostly used it to run away, but thieves already have so many options to run away.

I don’t think d/p is a lost cause now and those who choose to still use it will become even better at it. Also don’t forget that the base initiative regen buff also affects d/p while in combat, since black powder+heartseeker costs so much of it.

in Thief

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

I did awhile back and get a ton more loot bags, and now of course wvw exp. It wasn’t even nerfs that made me do it, it was gaudy trenchcoats =D

in Thief

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

I don’t really see the point of rerolling, the other classes are boring as can be so why even bother.
Otherwise i’d have rerolled a long time ago.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Already started re-rolling to warrior, lvl 3X atm.
I also need to choose between a light armor class (necro/ele/mesmer)…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: jonwar.4186

jonwar.4186

Already started re-rolling to warrior, lvl 3X atm.
I also need to choose between a light armor class (necro/ele/mesmer)…

they’re nerfing elementalists again too, which is the only other class I have any desire to play.

Sword Dagger Thief
Ferguson’s Crossing [MAIN]

in Thief

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

p/d and d/d got a bit of a buff, d/p got buffed other than perma-stealth abusers. S/D and s/p got absolutely destroyed. Without the sword #2 cast time I’d just be mildly upset with the patch notes. Where are the cool new traits that make more builds viable?

Instead, one of the two builds I’m comfortable playing in solo queue is ruined and I don’t see a new one being created. I won’t re-roll though. I’m either playing thief or I’m not playing at all.

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

in Thief

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

This is the Thief’s version of April Fools day!

Re-roll to guard/war/mes….APRIL FOOLS!! Just log on the forums to QQ about your uberstealth class and continue to play it.