Thief Rifle

Thief Rifle

in Thief

Posted by: Pip Squeak.3418

Pip Squeak.3418

So what is everyone’s predictions of what Thief Rifle elite spec will be like? I for one am PRAYING they give us back Ricochet with rifle and give us a viable ranged spec. I want to be a fast paced ranged skirmisher like hammer revenant should have been!

Thief Rifle

in Thief

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

For the love of all that is good in wvw, no killshot/gunflame-like skills.

My hope is that rifle provides excellent ranged dps and hopefully nice aoe damage (ricochet among other things) since this class really needs that as an option but no high-octane burst skills.

Thief Rifle

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I am rather meh about rifle. I tend to like the thief as a highly mobile profession, always moving about and dashing in and out to do combat. Rifle seems to me something that will make much more Static.

I suppose I will have to take a wait and see attitude.

Thief Rifle

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

It’ll give me a reason to take my predator out of the bank. Beyond that, I’m not sold so far, and I’m frankly more interested in rev’s new spec.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Thief Rifle

in Thief

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Don’t know yet. As long as it isn’t capable of bursting opponents down from 1200 range while retaining the Thieves magical escape capabilities, I am good.

Thief Rifle

in Thief

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

My hopes

2000 range killshot from stealth.

I will find every commander I can, and just do that

all
the
time
and a group of thieves with that would be so funny. like scenerio A:

Comm: Ok guys stack on me, empower, empo….I’m down res me

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

(edited by Solori.6025)

Thief Rifle

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I tried, guys.

As of now, it looks like the OHKO ranged-stealth burster people with a level head in balanced/fun gameplay are so fearful of.

Thief Rifle

in Thief

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

I tried, guys.

As of now, it looks like the OHKO ranged-stealth burster people with a level head in balanced/fun gameplay are so fearful of.

And you know this how?

Thief Rifle

in Thief

Posted by: nopoet.2960

nopoet.2960

For the love of all that is good in wvw, no killshot/gunflame-like skills.

My hope is that rifle provides excellent ranged dps and hopefully nice aoe damage (ricochet among other things) since this class really needs that as an option but no high-octane burst skills.

I agree with this. Fingers crossed. Maybe they’ll surprise us and give us Deceiver’s Deadeye.

Thief Rifle

in Thief

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I tried, guys.

Anet doesn’t contract work out to forum posters, so I don’t know what you think you attempted.

Fishsticks

Thief Rifle

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Anet will probably provide projectile bonuses to the elite spec so we will see how that meshes with our current meta, rifle nonwithstanding.

Ideally it will provide more stealth oriented gameplay as opposed to evade based Daredevil.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Thief Rifle

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Anet will probably provide projectile bonuses to the elite spec so we will see how that meshes with our current meta, rifle nonwithstanding.

Ideally it will provide more stealth oriented gameplay as opposed to evade based Daredevil.

I’d like to be land a Rending Shade from full range, boon shopping can get risky sometimes.

Kash
NSP

(edited by kash.9213)

Thief Rifle

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

I tried, guys.

And you know this how?

Just based on the leaked info, it looks very much like a low-mobility burst-oriented sniper or something similar.

Anet doesn’t contract work out to forum posters, so I don’t know what you think you attempted.

I am aware of this in that ANet is under no obligation to take any suggestions made. I could only try to plant the general concepts underlying my proposal in hopes the reasoning behind it would prevent something un-fun from popping up in the future.

Thief Rifle

in Thief

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

I tried, guys.

And you know this how?

Just based on the leaked info, it looks very much like a low-mobility burst-oriented sniper or something similar.

I thought the only thing that got leaked were images?

Thief Rifle

in Thief

Posted by: godmoney.6025

godmoney.6025

Fun is a relative concept. I think it would be fun to burst snipe for 20k from 1200 range. Healthy for the game? Certainly not! Fun? For me hell yeah!

It would be more fun to have an elite skill like this:

‘Murder from above:’
120s cooldown
If a tree is in 360 radius vicinity, teleport onto the top branches and stealth yourself for 15 seconds. Range of ‘20k burst snipe’ skill is increased to 3600 range.
Reveals you to other enemy snipers, making you vulnerable to get sniped.

La Fantoma – Aurora Glade

Thief Rifle

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

I tried, guys.

And you know this how?

I thought the only thing that got leaked were images?

There were a few more details but even from the images you have a lot of icons which that heavily imply stationary, sniping-style play.

Fun is a relative concept. I think it would be fun to burst snipe for 20k from 1200 range. Healthy for the game? Certainly not! Fun? For me hell yeah!

It would be more fun to have an elite skill like this:

‘Murder from above:’
120s cooldown
If a tree is in 360 radius vicinity, teleport onto the top branches and stealth yourself for 15 seconds. Range of ‘20k burst snipe’ skill is increased to 3600 range.
Reveals you to other enemy snipers, making you vulnerable to get sniped.

Why not just play an FPS?

Thief Rifle

in Thief

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Why not just play an FPS?

The game doesn’t aim for you in most FPS games. Kind of a turn-off.

(jokes ofc)