Thief S/P S/Dnow DDand SB

in Thief

Posted by: deepkumar.1230

deepkumar.1230

ALL Grandmaster thiefs and veteran thiefs of guild wars 2 i need a thief build which is useful for pve and wvw i never do pvp .I use sword pistol and sword dagger sometimes dual pistol .I need a build such that i can solo camps in wvw with the above wep combination and also take care of mobs in pve (and if possible need help with dungeon build).

9 toons all 80s waiting for a new race and class

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

sword pistol + quick recovery
Lure camp, go behind a corner
Cast blackpowder, auto attack
Repeat

Dead camp

(PS: Problems may occur with this tactic when the camp is reinforced with quaggans or upgrades because more than 5 enemies would bypass the blackpowder slightly
PPS: Righteous indignation on supervisor bypasses blackpowder)

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Thief

deepkumar.1230

sword pistol + quick recovery
Lure camp, go behind a corner
Cast blackpowder, auto attack
Repeat

Dead camp

(PS: Problems may occur with this tactic when the camp is reinforced with quaggans or upgrades because more than 5 enemies would bypass the blackpowder slightly
PPS: Righteous indignation on supervisor bypasses blackpowder)

in Thief

deepkumar.1230

what abt pve?

in Thief

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

deepkumar, for PvE S/P//SB with quick recovery and signet of malice works just fine…
However for wvw, S/D is a superior set over the S/P, except in some situations.

in Thief

Posted by: Anelyn.4593

Anelyn.4593

Pavel can you please elaborate regarding S/D superiority over S/P for WvW? Landing the PW is not a problem given you’re not spending 100% of time in S/P trying to PW spam peeps to death, you have same mobility / defense minus the evade on FS or boon steal, gaining a stun and more aoe damage (with evasion).

Am playing S/P & SB, 10/30/0/0/30 and can’t say I run into situations where S/D would have turned the tide for the FS/LS chain.

in Thief

deepkumar.1230

can u guys be elaborate post a build and explain each thing i am a bit new i started playing only 50 days ago

in Thief

Posted by: pantsforbirds.9032

pantsforbirds.9032

Here is my sword/Pistol guide for spvp. If you want to use this build in wvww simply use zerker armor and trinkets and everything else can stay the same.
Sword/Pistol T/SPVP: http://intothemists.com/guides/294-rand_x_al_thors_swordpistol_build

You didnt mention dagger/pistol but i thought i would share my guide for it anyway. Its a lot of fun and its very good in wvw. (its a pretty solid dungeon build too, but i prefer s/p for the cleave in most dungeons).
Dagger/Pistol WvW: http://intothemists.com/guides/307-daggerpistol_backstab_by_rand_x_al_thor

Thief: Rand x Al Thor | Mesmer: Egwene x Alvere
Dragonbrand |Twitch: twitch.tv/pantsforbirds

in Thief

Pavel.8531

@deepkumar the best time I’ve had was making a build I could call “my own”. There are many builds to choose from, the most fun is making one, then gradually throughout the game to think “what if I switch this for that, how will that work?” and in the end have something that works fine.

@Anelyn I mainly use S/D//SB, but actually carry pistol in my inventory and switch when I think the situation is better for the set – I have noticed I am having much better time vs warriors and other thieves with S/P in 1v1s. However, S/D just works overall for me better, not even for the Larcenous, but for the cnd, since my build is 0/20/30/20/0 (4,6,11 in SA). It all depends on the build/playstyle.

@pantsforbirds Are you seriously advising him to go full zerker? Are you trolling? While I agree partially – the weapons and trinkets should be berserkers, but the armor must be either valkyrie/knight/soldier(or mix of these 3), depending on how glassy you want to be.

(edited by Pavel.8531)

in Thief

pantsforbirds.9032

@deepkumar the best time I’ve had was making a build I could call “my own”. There are many builds to choose from, the most fun is making one, then gradually throughout the game to think “what if I switch this for that, how will that work?” and in the end have something that works fine.

@Anelyn I mainly use S/D//SB, but actually carry pistol in my inventory and switch when I think the situation is better for the set – I have noticed I am having much better time vs warriors and other thieves with S/P in 1v1s. However, S/D just works overall for me better, not even for the Larcenous, but for the cnd, since my build is 0/20/30/20/0 (4,6,11 in SA). It all depends on the build/playstyle.

@pantsforbirds Are you seriously advising him to go full zerker? Are you trolling? While I agree partially – the weapons and trinkets should be berserkers, but the armor must be either valkyrie/knight/soldier(or mix of these 3), depending on how glassy you want to be.

Trolling? The thief class doesn’t have access to protection or traits to help passively reduce damage and therefore toughness doesn’t scale as well for us as some other classes . Thief players actively avoid damage through evades, blinds, as stealth. In PVE the blind field on X/Pistol makes non legendary mobs a joke to fight. And because most boss mechanics are predictable with easy to see animations you can use the evade frame in pistol whip to avoid damage from bosses while hitting 8-12k pistol whips. Will it take some practice? Yes it will, but it’s rather easy to pick up. Withdraw is on a 15 second cool down and if you are taking focus swap to shortbow and pull back for 10-15 seconds to get your heal off before joining the fight again.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Wearing Berseker set while using Sword main hand is not something I would suggest. IMO, Berseker set complements Dagger main hand better. As for Sword main hand, you’re better off with Valkyrie set.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

pantsforbirds.9032

Wearing Berseker set while using Sword main hand is not something I would suggest. IMO, Berseker set complements Dagger main hand better. As for Sword main hand, you’re better off with Valkyrie set.

With valk armor you won’t have any precision to crit with. I think with the built in evades to both sword sets zerker is extremely viable and can be very helpful to your dungeon groups. For wvw zerker is amazing in 1v1 fights and the build i posted will stun your opponent enough and evade enough that you won’t take much damage (unless they have retal… Retal hurts pistolwhippers). If you only Zerg in wvw take soldiers armor and weapons so you stay alive longer.

(edited by pantsforbirds.9032)

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

With valk armor you won’t have any precision to crit with. I think with the built in evades to both sword sets zerker is extremely viable and can be very helpful to your dungeon groups. For wvw zerker is amazing in 1v1 fights and the build i posted will stun your opponent enough and evade enough that you won’t take much damage (unless they have retal… Retal hurts pistolwhippers). If you only Zerg in wvw take soldiers armor and weapons so you stay alive longer.

Crit chance can be acquired from somewhere else (i.e. food, buff, etc). IMO precision is a wasted stats since there’s a lot of ways to get your crit chance up to a reasonable level.

Also, try running with Berserker in a Dungeon using S/D; I think it’s better that way to prove my point. The evades on the #3 of Sword is not enough in many fights, you’ll need that extra HP to keep up with the DPS.

In WvW, your S/P will not survive wearing Berserker against a D/P or P/D Thief roamer. It only takes one Backstab to gauge your total HP to determine what set you’re wearing. Once that Back stab connects, a couple of heartseekers will finish you off — yes, you’re that squishy. Comparing the casting time of the skills alone, you’re already way behind in reaction time.

My point is, Berserker set is over hyped.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Thief

Anelyn.4593

I don’t think comparing the cast time on skills should be the factor in deciding which set has the upper hand.

You can precast PW and connect using various teleports. You don’t have to stand in S/P all fight (in fact you should spend majority of time in SB).

There is no such thing as playing X set vs Y set you have no chance by default. It all comes to player skill, awareness, reaction time, positioning, anticipation. So what if a D/P can perma stealth? I can get max stealth duration as well (BP+cluster spam) then go my way if all they want to do is sit in stealth, land a backstab and go stealth again. The thief is unmatched in mobility / roaming, you can chose when to engage, when to disengage, etc.

You pretty much play it similar to S/D+SB except that you don’t spend most time on one set, or in middle of action.

in Thief

pantsforbirds.9032

Crit chance can be acquired from somewhere else (i.e. food, buff, etc). IMO precision is a wasted stats since there’s a lot of ways to get your crit chance up to a reasonable level.

Also, try running with Berserker in a Dungeon using S/D; I think it’s better that way to prove my point. The evades on the #3 of Sword is not enough in many fights, you’ll need that extra HP to keep up with the DPS.

In WvW, your S/P will not survive wearing Berserker against a D/P or P/D Thief roamer. It only takes one Backstab to gauge your total HP to determine what set you’re wearing. Once that Back stab connects, a couple of heartseekers will finish you off — yes, you’re that squishy. Comparing the casting time of the skills alone, you’re already way behind in reaction time.

My point is, Berserker set is over hyped.

For food buffs i always take power and crit damage food. You will be constantly critting with berserker sets and it scales to be a more than 5% damage increase. Sword/Pistol is a MUCH stronger pve weaponset than sword/dagger is, so using sword dagger as an example for dungeons doesn’t make sense. Sword pistol has an evade for boss attacks and with the 3 signet build you can have the highest damage pve build with it with decent survivability.

Your WvW comment is completely invalid. 1) you can easily gauge your opponents builds by checking their food buffs 8/10 times. 2) Its incredibly easy to fight either p/d or d/p thieves as a sword/pistol thief. Dagger/pistol fights are the harder of the two, but they really arent very hard. You can even interrupt the heartseeker blackpowder combo by simply headshotting them after they place their blackpowder field, and i’m not sure if you have seen my build yet, but with the amount of control aspects to it, dagger/pistol has a very hard time fighting you. Pistol/Dagger thieves are hard for most classes to 1v1, but i think the sword pistol thief does a great job of countering it. Pistol/Dagger really relies on sneak attack (which means cloak and dagger is very important to P/D thieves), and sword/pistol has some of the best skills to clear single conditions (most p/d thieves build for condi duration not condi damage) and a P/D thief will have a very hard time kiting a s/p thief. Use the stuns on pistol whip, the clear on Infiltrators strike, and the daze on steal (plus you always have your elite to clear condi if you use lyssa runes like the build i linked does) and you will wreck p/d thieves.

The only weaknesses of sword/pistol thieves are 1) retaliation (especially while cleaving) 2) stability (can easily be stripped with steal) 3) very high evade uptimes (everyone struggles with this).

in Thief

Anelyn.4593

^ Agreed.

Against high evade uptimes – like S/D, they don’t have perma evasion frames, you can time a basilik+steal with PW, or take the easy path and just kill them with SB which outclasses S/D easy.

Regarding retaliation – this is only a problem in WvW zergs, 1v1 vs a guardian for example you really shouldn’t have a problem. Personally I hate zergs and avoid them, 5 man roaming or solo, capping stuff / killing supplies etc. I’d much rather run on my necro or mesmer or even staff ele if I would have to do zergs

in Thief

pantsforbirds.9032

^ Agreed.

Against high evade uptimes – like S/D, they don’t have perma evasion frames, you can time a basilik+steal with PW, or take the easy path and just kill them with SB which outclasses S/D easy.

Regarding retaliation – this is only a problem in WvW zergs, 1v1 vs a guardian for example you really shouldn’t have a problem. Personally I hate zergs and avoid them, 5 man roaming or solo, capping stuff / killing supplies etc. I’d much rather run on my necro or mesmer or even staff ele if I would have to do zergs

Retaliation is a much bigger problem for s/p thieves in tpvp IMO. For example, the other day i was running a tourney the other day and we came up against a team with the standard meta team comp for the battle of khylo. I was on far point attacking a spirit ranger when a guardian showed up. I got the ranger very low and the guardian to about 3/4 health when i decided it was time to finish of the ranger. I use my steal to strip his stability and started my pistolwhip attack. The attack was cleaving the guardian, the ranger, and 3 of his spirits/pet when the guardian used his shout giving aoe retaliation. Unfortunately my critical haste proced on the guardian at the same time and i instantly haste pistolwhip 5 targets with retaliation and my health went from almost full to less than half before i could even dodge interrupt the attack. After i was killed later on in the match i checked my combat log and i had taken like 8k damage from retaliation. So retal isnt THAT much of a problem when youre 1v1, but when you cleave 5 targets its hilariously strong against pistolwhip.

in Thief

Anelyn.4593

Well any cleave melee will suffer from retal, that’s why condi damage is stronger in current meta, it doesn’t take much if any damage from retal (and necro neither from reflect), you keep the pressure (aoe as well).

On the other hand we have confusion which affects greatly classes that spam skills then swap different weapon set and continue spamming (like S/D thief, ele burst etc), and is more forgiving on classes that don’t spamm (given you can’t always cure it, and engineers especially can stack it quite high).

Also in current meta, is very important to have access to AoE poison & good cleave damage, to prevent chain reses xD

Personally I see PW as a good move for specific times, it gives an interrupt / stun, evasion, and cleave damage. Is not my go to move, I still use AA on S/P a lot and IS obviously, BP has quite good uses on nod fights or to get a longer stealth without blowing SR, the interrupt from headshot is fastest in game if am not mistaken – and ranged at that as well.

Even jumper-x admitted for his team needs he had to forego S/Dx2 and get SB in, which did cut a good part of his 1v1 capability but gave him better mobility / aoe (and the poison field obv).

Personally am quite happy that we have 3 weapon based builds that work in tpvp (D/P, S/D and S/P all with SB) instead of having a single build that outclasses rest by far and you’re gimping yourself and your team for not being fotm.
It’s a give + take relation between those sets, you give up something to gain something else which better fits your team / playstle etc

(edited by Anelyn.4593)

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

You can even interrupt the heartseeker blackpowder combo by simply headshotting them after they place their blackpowder field, and i’m not sure if you have seen my build yet, but with the amount of control aspects to it, dagger/pistol has a very hard time fighting you.

It’s obvious that you have not fought a D/P before otherwise you’ll know that Blackpowder is dropped after Backstab to blind you, preventing counterattacks — meaning no headshot for you, then 2x HS later, you’re dead. The problem here is, your argument is theoretical. If you’ve seen these guys in action, you’ll understand that running Berserker using S/P will not get you very far.

As for P/D+SB, they’ll watch you bleed and poison to death while in stealth shooting Choking Gas at you. You won’t even see these guys before you’re dead. You won’t even have a chance to PW or whatever.

Not to mention, I’ve also fought against an SB Thief who are very very mobile and I am very impress with his play style.

What I’m telling you is what I’ve seen and fought against, they don’t duel the way you think they do.

in Thief

pantsforbirds.9032

You can even interrupt the heartseeker blackpowder combo by simply headshotting them after they place their blackpowder field, and i’m not sure if you have seen my build yet, but with the amount of control aspects to it, dagger/pistol has a very hard time fighting you.

It’s obvious that you have not fought a D/P before otherwise you’ll know that Blackpowder is dropped after Backstab to blind you, preventing counterattacks — meaning no headshot for you, then 2x HS later, you’re dead. The problem here is, your argument is theoretical. If you’ve seen these guys in action, you’ll understand that running Berserker using S/P will not get you very far.

As for P/D+SB, they’ll watch you bleed and poison to death while in stealth shooting Choking Gas at you. You won’t even see these guys before you’re dead. You won’t even have a chance to PW or whatever.

Not to mention, I’ve also fought against an SB Thief who are very very mobile and I am very impress with his play style.

What I’m telling you is what I’ve seen and fought against, they don’t duel the way you think they do.

I play a thief.. My favorite wvw build is d/p when i’m running solo. I fight other d/p thieves on a regular basis and i understand the gameplay very well. Its really not very hard to fight them as a s/p user. I dont know anyone who backstabs and drops a blinding powder? If another thief did that to me i would just dodge roll backwards into a pistolwhip. The thief will have revealed so they wont be able to heartseeker so they wont proc the 2 initiative regain from stealthing and they wont have any initiative to get the combo off again. That would be the absolute best thing a d/p thief could do to make them lose faster. I’m not basing any of my argument off of theory, its 100% based of my experiences playing as a thief vs other classes (including other thieves).

P/D thieves need stealth to kill you. They max 5 ways to do this 1)blinding powder 2) hide in shadows 3) shadow refuge 4)blinding powder from steal 5) cloak and dagger. If you deny them the ability to cloak and dagger off of you its a very easy fight. If you want me to ill record gameplay against d/p thieves this weekend (p/d if i can find some) and show you exactly what i mean

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

I play a thief.. My favorite wvw build is d/p when i’m running solo. I fight other d/p thieves on a regular basis and i understand the gameplay very well. Its really not very hard to fight them as a s/p user. I dont know anyone who backstabs and drops a blinding powder?

I have seen it done to me many times. Perhaps the reason is that I am using S/D and you’re not?

If another thief did that to me i would just dodge roll backwards into a pistolwhip. The thief will have revealed so they wont be able to heartseeker so they wont proc the 2 initiative regain from stealthing and they wont have any initiative to get the combo off again. That would be the absolute best thing a d/p thief could do to make them lose faster. I’m not basing any of my argument off of theory, its 100% based of my experiences playing as a thief vs other classes (including other thieves).

The question is, how much experience do you have running S/P with Berseker?

P/D thieves need stealth to kill you. They max 5 ways to do this 1)blinding powder 2) hide in shadows 3) shadow refuge 4)blinding powder from steal 5) cloak and dagger. If you deny them the ability to cloak and dagger off of you its a very easy fight. If you want me to ill record gameplay against d/p thieves this weekend (p/d if i can find some) and show you exactly what i mean

This I gotta see since I have not seen this before. This better not be against trash upscaled players either and you are to use Berkerser gear using S/P.

I’m looking forward to learn something from this one.

in Thief

Anelyn.4593

I think the conclusion we can draw here is that neither set is a counter to other set, and it all comes down to both players skill, who gets the drop on who (since is WvW and not a setup duel in mists), and how good their reaction, awareness, anticipation and executions are.

I suppose you saw jumper-x dueling a D/P thief with his S/D build, and he won most of the games, but did lose 2 (or was it 3 can’t recall been a while) rounds as well. RNG is rng, you can’t play perfect every time, your opponent can surprise you with a different tactic at a point etc. But getting to the point where you are comfortable fighting other weapon sets / builds than yours with a fair chance to win, that’s where it’s at.

in Thief

deepkumar.1230

guys instead of u ppl arguing can u plz tell a fine build to go for valkyrie or berserker i repeat i dnt pvp at all i only do wvw and pve

in Thief

deepkumar.1230

ALL Grandmaster thiefs and veteran thiefs of guild wars 2 i need a thief build which is useful for pve and wvw i never do pvp .I use sword pistol and sword dagger sometimes dual pistol .I need a build such that i can solo camps in wvw with the above wep combination and also take care of mobs in pve (and if possible need help with dungeon build).

in Thief

Pavel.8531

Well then… for PvE let me suggest a S/P // SB stealthless build – 0/30/0/20/20. 1,9,11 in CS, 2,9 in Acrobatics, 5, 7 in Trickery. Use Valkyrie armor with Scholar runes, everything else Berserkers. You will still be quite glassy, but you will have unlimited Pistol Whip initiative, so your evade uptime will be quite high. Use Signet of Malice as a heal, Infiltrator’s Signet as one of your utilities and Daggerstorm as elite. You can still burst a player down with this build in wvw(infiltrator strike+PW, PW precast+steal, PW precast+Infil Signet combo), but if you get focused by several, you will die(you need stealth for solo roaming in wvw). Clearing a camp solo from npcs should be a piece of cake though.

in Thief

Anelyn.4593

Give it a go to 10/30/0/0/30, withdraw, blinding powder, shadowstep, SR, basilik or dagger storm. This gives you very good mobility and evade frames (coupled with SB), good sustained damage and great burst, decent condi removal (you can run lyssa runes obv and go with basilik instead of dagger storm).

PS: for pve if you have to do dredge hearts / DEs / champs etc, go S/D since you obviously will lack the dps to kill them spamming PWs before they kill you.

in Thief

deepkumar.1230

Then what abt the rune to choose i want to have high crit dmg so i can do some burst dmg some guys r saying go for rune of eagle but i felt better to ask u guys..which rune best for crit dmg

in Thief

Pavel.8531

Anelyn, you are giving him not a “newbie friendly” build… and from his posts I gather he is one. He can go with mine, until he is ready to up his game I think, since mine is generally a 33333333 build.

deepkumar, for full burst, and since SoM + PW usually keeps you at 100% hp I suggest http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Scholar (although divinity/eagle/6x ruby orbs are alternatives too) . For sigils… maybe perception and accuracy, or go 2 x Perception, then switch to Force and Accuracy(you just need to waste more gold on 1 additional s/p set.

in Thief

deepkumar.1230

@ Pavel yep i am a newbie i started 2 months ago but i dnt get it ur suggesting a stealthless build then how am i supposed to run away when a huge zerg comes? .And guys if u just post 0\10\20\30\10 like that how can i understand which trait to select i mean even in the trickery or shadow arts or acrobatics there r powers or effects to choose which affects build can u guys be elaborate with the effects and the strategy tried a build given by @pants of birds ..

Here is my sword/Pistol guide for spvp. If you want to use this build in wvww simply use zerker armor and trinkets and everything else can stay the same.
Sword/Pistol T/SPVP: http://intothemists.com/guides/294-rand_x_al_thors_swordpistol_build

You didnt mention dagger/pistol but i thought i would share my guide for it anyway. Its a lot of fun and its very good in wvw. (its a pretty solid dungeon build too, but i prefer s/p for the cleave in most dungeons).
Dagger/Pistol WvW: http://intothemists.com/guides/307-daggerpistol_backstab_by_rand_x_al_thor
and didnt work out well in dungeons and even in wvw i cant solo camps it took longer time even to kill npcs even though i have critchance of 37% with my gear and armour so someone plz post and elaborate with full effects and something that is bound to work ….

in Thief

Anelyn.4593

Deepkumar just because you don’t play P/D or D/P doesn’t mean you don’t have access to stealth.

As S/P & SB, I have several stealth access abilities: BPs & spam CB from SB for an easy 9s stealth (aoe) without any boon duration. Blinding powder – 3s stealth. Shadow Refuge, 12s stealth. If I really need more stealth I can slot HiS instead of Withdraw, but I really don’t. Am using Blinding powder not for the stealth (as a get away etc) but to land the daze from sword stealth attack – Tactical Strike. You have no idea how devastating is a 2s daze (can’t use skills) followed by an instant immobilize (can’t dodge) – which can be prolonged with another daze & imob, or PW stun etc, basilik if you use that elite. It’s free damage which can’t be evaded, can’t be blocked, can’t be immuned, can’t be reflected etc.

in Thief

deepkumar.1230

sorry guys but i am not able to understand some short terms like cb pw and some other terms can someone give me a link abt thief short formms or can explian?

in Thief

Anelyn.4593

CB – skill 2 on shortbow, cluster bomb, is a blast finisher (if you don’t spread it).
PW – skill 3 on S/P set, pistol whip.

in Thief

deepkumar.1230

anelyn if ur playin now can u tell me which server ur in eu(i cant guest to nw) so u can show me virtually

in Thief

Pavel.8531

I don’t like this calculator.., but ok, see what I meant as an overall build.
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-c;4Zw-_0I5V-Vd0;9;5T-JJ;108A;118-46;7udbTudbTm-Fv-A-6;2VhVlWqXv21475230C-2ie
Shadow Refuge/blinding powder are suggestions, I’d personally drop blinding powder for something else. With precision stacks, food and oil, you can still get to 60%+ crit chance.

in Thief

Anelyn.4593

Deepkumar you should try the other suggested builds which are more easy to learn and build on – as other posters mentioned, to play the build I play and have success with it you need to be top of your game, but for me – personally – is a very rewarding build to play, since you have so many options to go in and back out, create pressure / burst windows, counterplay, go defensive, kite and not be kited, etc. Is the closest thief build that comes near my engineer triple kit performance and diversity, which works very good for me (ie: if X situation arise, I want to have several options to deal with it instead one or none, even if they are not the best of best).

I don’t care if a D/P can drop someone faster than I can or spend more time in stealth, nor if a P/D can stay out of melee range better and has more sustain, or that S/D has a bit better mobility / evasion and better boon removal (which is a boon steal in fact), I’m happy with what S/P & SB offers me, and I make it work for me

Also is very important to learn what you can steal from other classes, because those abilities are very very good

in Thief

pantsforbirds.9032

@ Pavel yep i am a newbie i started 2 months ago but i dnt get it ur suggesting a stealthless build then how am i supposed to run away when a huge zerg comes? .And guys if u just post 0\10\20\30\10 like that how can i understand which trait to select i mean even in the trickery or shadow arts or acrobatics there r powers or effects to choose which affects build can u guys be elaborate with the effects and the strategy tried a build given by @pants of birds ..

and didnt work out well in dungeons and even in wvw i cant solo camps it took longer time even to kill npcs even though i have critchance of 37% with my gear and armour so someone plz post and elaborate with full effects and something that is bound to work ….

I’m having a very hard time understanding what youre writing, but if you only have 37% crit chance then you didnt use my build. You cant just take part of the armor for the build, or it isnt the same one. I solo camps very easily with the d/p build i linked you. You need to use shortbow and daggerstorm. You can also pull all the mobs into a corner and use s/p with blinding poweder and auto attacks to kill all the mobs while taking next to no damage. If you are going to post about how you dislike my build, please at least use the build the way i have it set up so that you can give it a far chance.

in Thief

deepkumar.1230

in Thief

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=Vd;4Vwkb06-JOFd0;9;5T-T9;158A;11262;0O-o6U;1ytbUytbUo-FwFAk2h;1VhVlWqXv21475230Cs1k;57X7Xk-2X;9;9;9;9;83k3m

S/P set.

As you can guess this build does not use stealth at all. I dont really know if it’s good for you to begin with but if you get grasp of it then it’s really hard to kill you. Of course it depends on personal skills.

Like some other guy here said i also think that Valkyrie set is way much better than zerk for S/P. You rarely gettin hit anyway but with valkyrie you don’t panic when backstab lands on you (it rarely does anyway).

As for PvE: you’re invincible if you know when to dodge, and with normal mobs you can play with mouse only lol.

in Thief

Posted by: Bunmaster.9734

Bunmaster.9734

For dungeons, the valk gear is wasted. For mobs just blind them and use D/D for bosses. All that extra Vit/tough is useless when you are taking 0 damage. Though it does take time to learn it, so i do suggest starting out with some tankier stuff with zerker trinkets and weapons.
Once you are confident enough, switch to full zerker.

in Thief

pantsforbirds.9032

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=Vd;4Vwkb06-JOFd0;9;5T-T9;158A;11262;0O-o6U;1ytbUytbUo-FwFAk2h;1VhVlWqXv21475230Cs1k;57X7Xk-2X;9;9;9;9;83k3m

S/P set.

As you can guess this build does not use stealth at all. I dont really know if it’s good for you to begin with but if you get grasp of it then it’s really hard to kill you. Of course it depends on personal skills.

Like some other guy here said i also think that Valkyrie set is way much better than zerk for S/P. You rarely gettin hit anyway but with valkyrie you don’t panic when backstab lands on you (it rarely does anyway).

As for PvE: you’re invincible if you know when to dodge, and with normal mobs you can play with mouse only lol.

If you hit somebody with the stun portion of the pistolwhip it will stun them long enough to get to your evade frames, so i find valkyrie useless many times. (You also have blinding powder to stop mele attacks). Your build looks to be pretty solid, but i dont understand why you chose uncatchable. Your in combat mobility with sword is incredibly and you really shouldnt have a need for the cripple on dodge (and the bleeds arent going to do very much at all). I would say thrill of the crime, mug, long reach, or flanking strikes would all be options that synergize better with the idea you seem to have with that build.

I personally play my sword/pistol VERY differently from you, so that should be considered as well. And recently ive replaced combo critical chance with critical haste. Its only 2seconds of quickness, but it usually procs on the first or second pistolwhip for me which easily allows me to get another one off before they can dodge the stun.

in Thief

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

I use valkyrie simpy cause i have 61% crit chance w/o zerk clothes, so i prefer more hp. It saved me many times already when some gank groups tried to catch me off-guard.
I did change Uncatchable to mug not long after i made this post here

About crit haste – probably i’ll change to it also to test it. There’s still much to practice in my case but I really feel very comfortable with this build. If i manage in the future not to waste any doge rolls then I’ll be more than happy

in Thief

deepkumar.1230

Guys after long search in forums and different experiments found this hybrid build effective for newcomers like me in both pve ,dungeons and wvw
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQNAoYVlUmCO3eS9E+5Ex2jdqTeqzAnts/wVB-jEzAYLioRCCIZBiIIkl8kWzeChtBp1GhQoeBTVSEV7NIiqdHYA-w
and here is a video guide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG5Ik8cGRSc
though the guy uses full zerker i feel my hybrid is good for survivability with his traits and weps plz tell me feedback and any modifications