Thief Short Bow Changes?:

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Q:

Will Thief Short bow receive any changes?

Trick Shot: I think needs to be a lot faster.

Cluster Bomb: Arrow Velocity Increased by 50%.

Choking Gas: Arrow Velocity Increased by 50%., Fired more upwards so it does not hit the walls.

Disabling Shot: I don’t really like this ability, because it would be easier to just run away with infiltrator’s arrow then use this to dodge one blast.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Thief

Posted by: mickers.2715

mickers.2715

In the short term i doubt it, i think all the projectiles could use a speed boost, the range on the teleport is decreased a lot just because of how slow the arrow is.

Its a problem on every range character though really, the worst is guardian scepter and ranger longbow.

in Thief

Posted by: Air.6452

Air.6452

Infiltrator arrow should be nerfed a bit, and this is coming from a dedicated thief. That skill is definitely not used the way it should be (Most people don’t realize this, but it has an AoE blind where you land). Most people use it to run away, and that’s not really fair. The range should be reduced to 500-600m and should cast at least 50% faster.

I agree with the velocity increases, Cluster Bomb goes so slow that I am pretty sure it is actually defying the laws of physics.

Chody – Leader of We Came To Dance GW2
Crystal Desert
We Came To Dance [WCTD]

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

SB is arguably the best thief weapon in terms of utility, malleability, and overall balance. In fact, it is one of the better weapons in the game in its simplicity to pick up, ability to grow in strength with player skill, and application to a vast number of situations. Perhaps most importantly, it has all this but pretty much no one considers it overpowered.

It is pretty much the gold standard for what a weapon should be, and I’d rather not poke too much at a good thing.

(edited by Tulisin.6945)

in Thief

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

i agree that Sb is best thief’s weapon.

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Infiltrator arrow should be nerfed a bit, and this is coming from a dedicated thief. That skill is definitely not used the way it should be (Most people don’t realize this, but it has an AoE blind where you land). Most people use it to run away, and that’s not really fair. The range should be reduced to 500-600m and should cast at least 50% faster.

I agree with the velocity increases, Cluster Bomb goes so slow that I am pretty sure it is actually defying the laws of physics.

IA as an approach sucks and is niche. Initiative doesn’t grow on trees. As long as it can be used to traverse area, that’s what it’ll be primarily used for even if it was reduces to 500m. Mind you I think both IA and Refuge are oddly powerful but lettuce be real tea here.
Other then that as has been said the SB is the model weapon. Powerful, useful in Power, hybrid and Cond specs. Utility you don’t get on other weapons.

The great forum duppy.

in Thief

Posted by: Retanaru.2901

Retanaru.2901

IA as an approach sucks and is niche. Initiative doesn’t grow on trees. As long as it can be used to traverse area, that’s what it’ll be primarily used for even if it was reduces to 500m. Mind you I think both IA and Refuge are oddly powerful but lettuce be real tea here.
Other then that as has been said the SB is the model weapon. Powerful, useful in Power, hybrid and Cond specs. Utility you don’t get on other weapons.

IA is kinda off in its uses true. I’ve really only used the blind in 1v1’s against other thieves (where missing a C&D = death). Shadow refuge on the other hand isn’t too bad. Once people realize they can just use an AoE knockback in it to not only knock the thief out but remove their stealth and give them the revealed debuff it’ll become a lot less useful in pvp situations. Most classes have access to one too. Aside from other thieves, everyone else has access to a knock back that would work.

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

When I say Shadow Refuge is oddly powerful, I mean like IA in terms of it’s out of battle effects and moving around the map. In battle, IDGAF. Not that it rubs me the wrong way personally, since it’s saved my life, more times than I can count.

The great forum duppy.

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

My only gripes with the Shortbow are:

1. Cluster Bomb has a really, really slow projectile speed and an unrealistic arc. It could use a significant velocity increase.

2. Disabling Shot is a very laggy ability and prone to delays or unintended double use.

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Trick Shot has the same problem many other ranged #1s have of not firing quickly enough for their damage specs. I strongly feel this is a design oversight and it needs to be looked at for scepters, staffs, longbows and pistols across professions along with the Thief’s shortbow.

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Infiltrator’s arrow’s blind is useful if you are not running away but running through.
You have to run from point A to B and you see an enemy approach you frontal? Use IA where he’s standing and continue on. His first attack will miss because of the blind and you passed him without damage (and thus without movement reduction)

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Infiltrator arrow…The range should be reduced to 500-600m and should cast at least 50% faster.

If I just run and use it I don’t gain more distance then that (about a DB leap),

in Thief

Posted by: Aervius.2016

Aervius.2016

Infiltrator’s Arrow should be 1,200 range, imo. Reasoning:
It deals no damage.
1x 5s 130 radius AoE Blind is crap.
It’s clearly not intended as a “gap-closer” but as an escape/kiting mechanic.

In WvW for 6 Initiative I can spam HS’s leap twice and cover the same distance in relatively the same time frame and actually chip into someone if I’m using it to chase. Even as an escape HS spam is better than Infiltrator’s Arrow, especially if one of the Leaps takes you through a Smoke Field.

(However, in sPvP Infiltrator’s Arrow can be far more effective if you exploit design flaws in the maps, limited effectiveness in WvW maps/structure exploits.)

Kolt – Human Thief
[NEX]
#swaguuma

in Thief

Posted by: Ichishi.9613

Ichishi.9613

shortbow is the most balanced thief weapon set now, I doubt it should be ever considered for a change untill all other weapon sets are solved

in Thief

Posted by: Krathalos.3461

Krathalos.3461

Shortbow is easily the most well-balanced, most useful thief weapon. The damage output isn’t extreme, but it gives thief some much needed AoE damage and utility. Also, Disabling Shot is amazing. A free evade with a low initiative cost and a cripple?

I agree that, after the recent nerf, Cluster Bomb needs an increase in its projectile speed, though. It’s kind of ridiculous how they think that they can just keep nerfing thief without giving us anything in return and expect the class to remain balanced.

in Thief

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

buff to cluster bomb?? is a joke?? you can hit people for 5k easily + spam the skill, and you really want a buff?? ……

in Thief

Posted by: Krathalos.3461

Krathalos.3461

buff to cluster bomb?? is a joke?? you can hit people for 5k easily + spam the skill, and you really want a buff?? ……

They just nerfed it. Only people you’re hitting 5k+ easily is on glass cannons with 0 toughness or low levels in WvW.

in Thief

urdriel.8496

They just nerfed it. Only people you’re hitting 5k+ easily is on glass cannons with 0 toughness or low levels in WvW.

is a nice joke im lvl 80 full exotic toughness with ranger(2400 armor) and cluster hit me for 5k and you can spam it….

in Thief

Posted by: ViRuE.3612

ViRuE.3612

is a nice joke im lvl 80 full exotic toughness with ranger(2400 armor) and cluster hit me for 5k and you can spam it….

You can spam it? I wonder how. If you are a ranger you won’t be standing next to me. Roll a thief, got to the mists and try it out. It is the slowest to hit skill in existence.

I seriously despair of people coming on the boards for a good whine when they clearly don’t understand other professions skills. No surprise the same people get owned over and over again.

Anyway back on topic, I like everything about the SB for thief right now, I would like to see a trait to spec for 1200 range on it though even if it was 30 points in to a tree.

in Thief

urdriel.8496

i have a glass cannon thief lvl 80 full exotic, so, i know that your “nerfed” cluster bomb can hit for 5k+ and you can spam it, your nerfed skill have more damage that ALL the skills that can use the ranger for example, and you still crying because they nerfed a bit the cluster…. heartbreaker was nerfed months ago but since 2-3 days thiefs can hit for 10k+ with it, the fact is that thief is a very good class, thief was above all other classes (with mesmer perhaps)since release, and now that anet is balancing allthieves QQ.

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

i have a glass cannon thief lvl 80 full exotic, so, i know that your “nerfed” cluster bomb can hit for 5k+ and you can spam it, your nerfed skill have more damage that ALL the skills that can use the ranger for example, and you still crying because they nerfed a bit the cluster…. heartbreaker was nerfed months ago but since 2-3 days thiefs can hit for 10k+ with it, the fact is that thief is a very good class, thief was above all other classes (with mesmer perhaps)since release, and now that anet is balancing allthieves QQ.

I ca BS. I highly, highly. HIGHLY doubt that you have a Thief, and a level 80 one at that. Unless you’re standing in melee range it’s impossible to spam CB due to the 20 minute travel time of the arrow. During that travel time you can’t fire another one so spamming it simply isn’t possible.

Also, I don’t know how many kittening times I’ve had to say this, but WvW damage DOES NOT COUNT; their are simply too many variables involved. Give me a screenshot of you hitting 5k+ in s/tPvP and I’ll eat my own shoe on video.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Disabling Shot makes you evade attacks, it’s a dodge and cost less than infiltrator’s, which doesn’t evade. Disabling Shot is very useful in situations like that annoying giant Boss in Arah that fires OP missiles everywhere and you don’t have enough endurance left to dodge. Infiltrator Arrow wont save you as effectively. It would be nice though if it moved you in the direction you’re moving instead of always backwards. Wish Roll for Initiative did that as well.

Wish to god Cluster Bomb was faster. In WvWvW you fire one at a distance and have to wait 9 days till you can fire another one because detonate replaces it. This makes your Initiative pretty much worthless in a long range fight.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: Rehk.6574

Rehk.6574

Disabling Shot makes you evade attacks, it’s a dodge and cost less than infiltrator’s, which doesn’t evade. Disabling Shot is very useful in situations like that annoying giant Boss in Arah that fires OP missiles everywhere and you don’t have enough endurance left to dodge. Infiltrator Arrow wont save you as effectively. It would be nice though if it moved you in the direction you’re moving instead of always backwards. Wish Roll for Initiative did that as well.

Wish to god Cluster Bomb was faster. In WvWvW you fire one at a distance and have to wait 9 days till you can fire another one because detonate replaces it. This makes your Initiative pretty much worthless in a long range fight.

Agree, what would be nice is if we had some type of ability for long rnge where the longer you hold the skill the more initiative, range, and dmg goes higher. While rooting you in place like a 1-2-3-4second draw to the bow then one powerful long range shot. That would be something really cool and would give us a nice initiative drainer that we badly need for sb in ranged fights.

make it like

1second draw yeilds 300-600 range
2 second draw yeilds 600-900 range
3 sec draw yeilds 900-1000 range.

and maybe have a 4 second part that takes some skill to click at the right time to go for the 1200 range. Give the shot a High Velocity Speed, High Dmg, High Initiative Cost. maybe taking 2 initaitive per second. up to 8 total. for a perfect strike.

(edited by Rehk.6574)

in Thief

urdriel.8496

I ca BS. I highly, highly. HIGHLY doubt that you have a Thief, and a level 80 one at that. Unless you’re standing in melee range it’s impossible to spam CB due to the 20 minute travel time of the arrow. During that travel time you can’t fire another one so spamming it simply isn’t possible.

Also, I don’t know how many kittening times I’ve had to say this, but WvW damage DOES NOT COUNT; their are simply too many variables involved. Give me a screenshot of you hitting 5k+ in s/tPvP and I’ll eat my own shoe on video.

Why WvW damage does not count??

when you Defend or attack a keep/castle cluster bomb is spamable 90% of time, and you hit all people around the impact zone.

And Spam means that you can use the skill WITHOUT CD.

BTW:You want a SC of my thief??

(edited by urdriel.8496)

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

Why WvW damage does not count??

Because WvW has a bunch of factors that can cause synergized damage to get way out of control, like attacking up-leveled people. It was even worse when orbs were around, but things like food/gear imbalance still make WvW a very poor place to demonstrate how effective skills are. I’m pretty sure you can still land 20,000 damage backstabs against level 20 upleveled people in blues at <50 % HP when running 25 might stacks and some vulnerability, but that isn’t at all realistic nor should it be used to balance professions.

sPvP is a more tightly controlled environment and a good place for actually evaluating how skills match up on even terms.