Thief WvW armor

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Posted by: Mohawkrocks.8654

Mohawkrocks.8654

Should i be snagging Valkyrie or Berserker for WvW? Or a mixture of both?

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Posted by: legenduu.4372

legenduu.4372

offense is best deffense boiii

“Thief is a balanced class” – Anet

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Posted by: Padd.1479

Padd.1479

What most people do is taking 3 valk / 3 berserk on armor and the rest berserker. What happens is that you have a 15-16k lifepool and a bit less crit chance. It kinda imitates marauder amulett and normally your crit chance is still at least 45% which is enough.

100% Thief

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I’m running valk with runes of the pack at the moment – runes of the pack mean that I don’t have to worry about my crit chance.

ETA: But that depends on the weapons and traits as well, of course.

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

When stacks are gone with the HoT release, Valk will be the preferred power armor for average players IMO. Without stacks heavy zerk leaves zero room for mistakes. I have switched to Valk on my armor and zerk on my jewelry. Now if I were 30 years younger with my old reflexes, I might still try full Zerk but full Zerk requires exceptional skill or exception caution to use.

The DPS curve on crit chance starts to diminish past 40% and really falls off past 50%. This is of course opinion but a couple thousand extra hitpoints wins a lot more fights than 5% or so more DPS.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

zerker with some soldier trinkets.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

I go zerk with armor and a bunch of different pieces of trinkets. With limited play time and only playing WvW I had to make a long term choice of armor once I started cranking out Ascended, there’s no way I can afford to change my mind more than once later on. Everything else is pretty easy to switch out.

Kash
NSP

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Posted by: Mohawkrocks.8654

Mohawkrocks.8654

When stacks are gone with the HoT release.

What exactly do you mean by “Stacks” I haven’t read much into HoT

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

WvW guard stacks. As in the bonus stats you get after you’ve ranked certain WvW skills and killed a few guards

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

berserker with wurm runes

valkyrie with pack runes

my gear

notice they all have a small difference in power, precision, critical damage and most importantly vitality

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

(edited by darkaheart.4265)

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Posted by: Showbiz.9725

Showbiz.9725

I think I’m in the same spot as you OP.

What armor, weapons, sigils, runes do we need in order to be more than viable? Right now I have full exotic with rare accessories since I can’t find zerk/Valk accessories. I want to get the best gear I can have pre-ascended so if I die in a 1v1 I know it’s my fault and not my gear. I hate how annoying it is to track down gear from like 10 different methods just to WvW properly without a gear disadvantage. Metabattle is not up to date anymore.

Can anyone make a list of the best pre-ascended gear you can possibly have and how to obtain it?

Edit – not to mention WvW abilities and ranks where a new player is further screwed by that applied fortitude crap. I don’t know why I even bother to try WvW as a thief new player, so many kitten disadvantages before you even step foot in combat.

Sorry for hijacking and going on a rant. I might just make this into a new thread lol

(edited by Showbiz.9725)

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I think I’m in the same spot as you OP.

What armor, weapons, sigils, runes do we need in order to be more than viable? Right now I have full exotic with rare accessories since I can’t find zerk/Valk accessories. I want to get the best gear I can have pre-ascended so if I die in a 1v1 I know it’s my fault and not my gear. I hate how annoying it is to track down gear from like 10 different methods just to WvW properly without a gear disadvantage. Metabattle is not up to date anymore.

Can anyone make a list of the best pre-ascended gear you can possibly have and how to obtain it?

Edit – not to mention WvW abilities and ranks where a new player is further screwed by that applied fortitude crap. I don’t know why I even bother to try WvW as a thief new player, so many kitten disadvantages before you even step foot in combat.

Sorry for hijacking and going on a rant. I might just make this into a new thread lol

Guard stacks will be gone next week.
The gear and runes you chose depend on the weapons you use.
A friend of mine swears on a mix of valk/cavalier, I run: soldier’s, valk, zerker all 3 gears with zerker trinkets and weapons, there’s not much difference between all of them. Him and I are both running D/D btw. For S/D I would always chose full zerker’s.
BUT balance is rather off at the moment, so there is no real “fair” 1 vs 1 – as a thief you have to outskill your opponent, which might have always been the case but has gotten worse since in June as a lot of our viable traits were either removed or nerfed or moved into the same tier so we can’t take them anymore. Also the June patch brought powercreep of other classes/build which so far got buffed with the patch after (except mesmer who were slightly nerfed – and maybe ele – not so sure about that because I rarely meet them).
I hope this helps you.
And to both of you: say at least what weapons you use in wvw so it’s easier to help you =)

Edit: Grammar

Edit²: Craft the accessories or buy them from the TP. For zerker’s: Ruby Orichalcum…, for valk: Beryl Orichalcum…

(edited by Jana.6831)

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Full Berserker Armor/Weapons/Trinks – only if you are going with a group/zerg and stick with your group/zerg.

High Vitality Armor – if you are using Trickster (trait) and Withdraw as your heal.

High Toughness Armor – if you are using regen based heal or Shadow Arts.

Soldier Chest/Pants, Valk the rest, Berserk weapons and trinkets – Solo Roaming – Power based

Dire Armor – Condition based

That’s my 2 cents.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Showbiz.9725

Sorry, I use D/P and Shortbow in WvW right now. I want to start with that since it seems to be the most well rounded.

I cannot get Exotic Berserker or Valkyrie accessories. I don’t think they exist…cannot find any. I think I can buy Exotic Soldier’s trinkets/accessories but I think it would cost like 300k Karma. Anyone know if you’ll be able to get trinkets a different way in HoT next week?

Also which food/utility consumables? Furious Sharpening Stone does not seem to be available on the TP at all.

Another question…how do you guys buff your movement speed? It seems that no one really uses Signet of Shadows as a Thief in WvW. Not having 25% movement speed seems like a big deal as a melee.

(edited by Showbiz.9725)

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

I cannot get Exotic Berserker or Valkyrie accessories. I don’t think they exist…cannot find any.

I have these on me but I made them myself from Jewelcrafting, so that’s one way to get them.

If you have Laurels lying around, you can also purchase the Ascended versions from the Laurel vendor.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Showbiz.9725

I cannot get Exotic Berserker or Valkyrie accessories. I don’t think they exist…cannot find any.

I have these on me but I made them myself from Jewelcrafting, so that’s one way to get them.

If you have Laurels lying around, you can also purchase the Ascended versions from the Laurel vendor.

I have 400 Jewelcrafting…what are they called?

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

The Berserker is a Ruby Orichalcum and the Valk is Beryl Orichalcum.

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Showbiz.9725

Oh, actually these are on the TP for about 5g right now. Not that bad. I must have been searching the wrong thing.

Side note, I just got a Grizzlemouth’s Weapons Chest (Ascended chest) randomly from ranking up in WvW. How rare is that? And how much gold/time would it have cost me to craft, lol. So random. Rabid doesn’t seem too good for Thief though

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Here is a build we are having some success with:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoaVl0MhSnYZTwtJw/EH8ElPKyiqgXCZwGoPzfIAA-TlCBABGp8D99Hg4BBIxRAUCCwJAIF9NMcIEew8nOq/sxBMgUAsqzC-w

I have adjusted it slightly for exotic rather than ascended armor. The trick is adjusting it so that the crit chance is near 50% to land a backstab. It does trade quite a bit of damage to run Trappers but Trapper runes are some of the best runes for survival right now since it turns the heal into a condition removal/stealth every 15s. Bonus is the control aspect of the traps and the near 100% uptime on swiftness. The extra stealth also yields more backstab attempts so the overall damage is still high.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Oh, actually these are on the TP for about 5g right now. Not that bad. I must have been searching the wrong thing.

Side note, I just got a Grizzlemouth’s Weapons Chest (Ascended chest) randomly from ranking up in WvW. How rare is that? And how much gold/time would it have cost me to craft, lol. So random. Rabid doesn’t seem too good for Thief though

You can change the stats to whatever you need, just buy the appropriate exotic sigil on tp and mystic for it with other mats, you can find the recipe on the wiki.

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Ugh, why Rabid…Carrion would have been perfect.

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Showbiz.9725

What most people do is taking 3 valk / 3 berserk on armor and the rest berserker. What happens is that you have a 15-16k lifepool and a bit less crit chance. It kinda imitates marauder amulett and normally your crit chance is still at least 45% which is enough.

Which 3 pieces of Valk do they take? Since Chest, Pants, Helm have higher stats than Gloves, Boots, Shoulders…

Also do you mean most Thieves get 3 pieces of Valk armor and every single other slot is Berserkers? Including weapons, earrings, amulet, rings, backpiece…and the underwater gear?

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

With world buff (not wvw stacks) food/stone. My thief sits at around 2630 power, 50% crit chance, 208 crit dmg, 14k health and 2330 armor. My armor is mostly ascended berserker with valk pants. Weapons are 1 assassin and 1 berserker. Trinks are a mixture of pvt/valk/berserker/cavalier. It’s all ascended too with wvw infusions too.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Posted by: Yuki Aburame.5283

Yuki Aburame.5283

My Thief has a bit of toughness and vitality while still having a good crit chance and ferocity. (Sigil of accuracy is for pve)

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

BlaqueFyre.5678

So while on this subject, I an getting back into WvW on my S/D Teef mostly doing Havoc and running with zergs every so often, I have berserker ascend for chest legs and feet should I keep those and do Valk or Knights for the rest?

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

So while on this subject, I an getting back into WvW on my S/D Teef mostly doing Havoc and running with zergs every so often, I have berserker ascend for chest legs and feet should I keep those and do Valk or Knights for the rest?

If you’re going to stay with a group, going all Berserker will be fine. If you’re going solo-roaming, you need to think about survival stats.

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

BlaqueFyre.5678

Ok, normally my havoc group is me and 2 Mesmers one is Power and the other condi PU, sometimes I roam on my own taking camps, but just for info what’s better for a normal S/D across build? Valks or Knights ?

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Ok, normally my havoc group is me and 2 Mesmers one is Power and the other condi PU, sometimes I roam on my own taking camps, but just for info what’s better for a normal S/D across build? Valks or Knights ?

IMO, it depends on what heal skill you choose. If you’re taking Withdraw, more HP is better, thus Valk is your best pick. If you’re taking Hide in Shadows, or traiting for Shadow Rejuv., more toughness is better — it just works well with SA, thus your best pick is Knight.

I personally like Withdraw and hated stealth build, so I have a combination of Soldier and Valk for armor; and Berserkers for weapons and trinkets.

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

BlaqueFyre.5678

Ok I usually use Withdraw, was thinking of using HiS to see if I like it, after work I will post my build.

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Ok I usually use Withdraw, was thinking of using HiS to see if I like it, after work I will post my build.

Just keep in mind that by using HiS that you are going to spec for SA and that you will have high toughness, otherwise it’s a mediocre heal skill.

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

BlaqueFyre.5678

Ok, will keep that in mind, it was just a thought.

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

using full valk armor, with berzerker trinkets.. even the berzerker trinkets are not needed so much tbfh. fury up time during a fight is pretty much perma..

using berzerker weapons tho

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaVl0MhSnY3TwyJw/EHwElPNOj2YfBL3gqTgAIDA-TVTBABFpEzS1fURTwVKFwSZBK6BaVJIR7PMxDAYhDBACm404IAAwJAIAACA38m3MkCwcdVA-w

using this same build on S/D also and D/P aswell its close to meta or it might even be meta since thiefs dont have that much choices left in WvW..

but nowadays i play mainly P/P in WvW and works perfectly fine with the above build..

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Get legendary armor.

Attachments:

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

I have been sense day one been using Zerk all with d/p.

In solo
If I cant win I just disengage and leave.

In Zerg
I stealth to a weak player blow them up and spike, then move to the next.

I tried Dire when it was Pop
I tried perp when it was Pop
I tried Valk d/d when it was Pop
I tried S/D when it was Pop

And Zerk D/P just feels right to me.

Sometimes you just have to play what is fun and feels good to you.

SAB or RIOT

Thief WvW armor

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

using full valk armor, with berzerker trinkets.. even the berzerker trinkets are not needed so much tbfh. fury up time during a fight is pretty much perma..

using berzerker weapons tho

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaVl0MhSnY3TwyJw/EHwElPNOj2YfBL3gqTgAIDA-TVTBABFpEzS1fURTwVKFwSZBK6BaVJIR7PMxDAYhDBACm404IAAwJAIAACA38m3MkCwcdVA-w

using this same build on S/D also and D/P aswell its close to meta or it might even be meta since thiefs dont have that much choices left in WvW..

but nowadays i play mainly P/P in WvW and works perfectly fine with the above build..

Too much wasted damage potential trying to get to 50% crit rate. All you need is 30% and Fury will take you to 50%, then you can allocate more towards damage or survivability….in other words, Rune of The Pack is unnecessary.