Thief - WvWvW

Thief - WvWvW

in Thief

Posted by: Pain Train.2319

Pain Train.2319

Does anybody play a thief in WvWvW? I can’t seem to find vids or posts of anything other than PvP and the occasional topic of PvE.

What do you do in WvWvW as a thief?

I’m curious because the profession seems like it could be fun but I haven’t noticed any in my WvWvW outings.

Thanks

Thief - WvWvW

in Thief

Posted by: Animus.5028

Animus.5028

Depends on what is going on. I run d/d + sb. I support zergs and keep defenses by setting up poison fields and raining down bleeding damage with my bombs. This is obviously the most boring aspect of thf play.

Most of the time in WvW I’m skirting around behind enemy zergs, taking out the stragglers in the back of the pack, or grabbing a friend and putting myself between a zerg and a respawn point to delay enemy reinforcements.

edit to note: Another priceless aspect of the thf in wvw is shadow refuge rezzing. Traited for stealth duration, it can protect you and a fallen companion long enough to rez even when surrounded.

Thief - WvWvW

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Yeah, there are quite a lot of Thieves in WvW and some of the most fun on a a Thief is to be had there. Search for “guild wars 2 wild bill thief wvw” or something along those lines on YouTube and you’ll find a great Thief in WvW who uses P/D for the condition bleeds. I’d link it to you but I’m on a phone.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

Thief - WvWvW

in Thief

Posted by: Dufox.3150

Dufox.3150

was posted on another forum, its one of the more entertaining/unique ones.

dont need a sig, im famous *#!@& :D

Thief - WvWvW

in Thief

Posted by: RainRain.2765

RainRain.2765

crit build, daggerstorm into a zerg and laugh as everything dies, then die as soon as it’s over

yeah that’s pretty much it

i’m pretty sure a party of critthieves can take down a massive group of people with daggerstorm due to confusion factor and the fact ranged doesn’t work

Thief - WvWvW

in Thief

Posted by: Elijah.9784

Elijah.9784

I follow around big groups of opposing teams and murder the slowpokes. If there are too many slowpokes to handle I just shadow step away. It works pretty well.

Thief - WvWvW

in Thief

Posted by: Dronin.3957

Dronin.3957

Due to our range being the 2nd weakest in the game (only guardians have it worse) we are really pants in the group zerg…

If you want to do something awesome, steal from a warrior, then combine whirl wind and daggerstorm together for lots of AoE kitten and then try and get away…

(edited by Dronin.3957)

Thief - WvWvW

in Thief

Posted by: Ranzou.7123

Ranzou.7123

Me.. fishing people on the wall with scorpion wire .. when zerging a keep..

Me.. fishing people on the wall with scorpion wire .. when zerging a keep..you’ll feel like butcher from DotA or scorpion from Mortal Kombat
“get over here..”

Now you see me, soon you won’t

Thief - WvWvW

in Thief

Posted by: Dronin.3957

Dronin.3957

Me.. fishing people on the wall with scorpion wire .. when zerging a keep..

Me.. fishing people on the wall with scorpion wire .. when zerging a keep..you’ll feel like butcher from DotA or scorpion from Mortal Kombat
“get over here..”

even better, get a necro to pull the person of the wall for you as they can do the same thing at 1200 range

Thief - WvWvW

in Thief

Posted by: Joshiasi.2840

Joshiasi.2840

My role tends to be the roamer. I run most of the time by myself and scout the vicinity and report whatever. Especially if we are planning on attacking a fort.

I also wander around taking out yaks and guards for some karma solo while try to pick off stragglers wondering alone.

I’m sure people have noticed me from Sanctum and Sorrow in their borderlands doing that often when I’m in WvW.

Gao Bahn – Thief
Rethesis

Thief - WvWvW

in Thief

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

My own Thief is a Venomous Aura S/P & SB spec. I’ve found that my main role seems to be playing a ghost.

Ability Selection #1 is my mid travelling spec. My Utility slots are Blinding Powder, Shadow’s Refuge, & Signet of Shadows. Then I’ve got Dagger Storm as my Elite. Basically I chain stealth myself when running through open areas. (Hide in Shadows also acts as another form of emergency stealth.) Otherwise I hide my movement behind terrain or underwater. The goal is to move mostly unseen across the battlefield. This can lead to scout for enemy forces or to move toward specific objects by myself.

Ability Spec #2 is my fighting spec against NPC road guards and supply camps. My Utility Slots are Spider Venom, Skale Venom, & Shadow’s Refuge. Then I’ve got Thieves Guild as my Elite. Basically I use my AoE venom buffing on my pets to speed burn down a NPC road guard. By the time the enemies come from nearby areas, I’ve already taken control of that road location and have fled the scene.

Ability Spec #3 is my player killing spec. While it looks similar to Spec #2, I will tweak it as needed. Usually I’ll remove Skale Venom and replace it with Devourer Venom. Also I might removed Shadows Refuge and replace it with Signet of Shadows.

All things considered, I personally consider it to be suicidal to run with a zerg. It causes my computer some potentially major lag issues and I often have trouble rendering things. This has been the major reason for my running around in a small group of 3-4 people or just soloing in WvW.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

Thief - WvWvW

in Thief

Posted by: TeoH.2098

TeoH.2098

Thief - WvWvW

in Thief

Posted by: Pain Train.2319

Pain Train.2319

Wow thanks for all the replies, those vids were interesting. I reckon I’ll have a go at thief