Thief accessories

Thief accessories

in Thief

Posted by: pvtpublic.8752

pvtpublic.8752

Hey guys I was just curious on my thief I am going full berserker set with a build centered around DB. I was just curious should I go chrysocola accessory set for added survivability and condition damage or should I go full ruby to be a glass cannon will my damage suffer that much? and which would help me in WvW if that is an option?

Thief accessories

in Thief

Posted by: reLapse.6743

reLapse.6743

If you’re going to be using Death Blossom you’ll want condition damage, which means you’ll want to use gear with Carrion or Rampager stats.

Personally I prefer Carrion becaise it has higher condition damage stats, provides health, and I don’t trait for crits generating initiative.

(edited by reLapse.6743)

Thief accessories

in Thief

Posted by: pvtpublic.8752

pvtpublic.8752

I like the burstyness of d/d in full berserker more while traiting for initiative. Condition damage feels so lame end game. I think a berserkers set works with d/d

Thief accessories

in Thief

reLapse.6743

Not if you’re going to be primarily using Death Blossom.

Thief accessories

in Thief

Posted by: Eiken.6821

Eiken.6821

Well which are you doing, PvE or PvP?

For PvE, I am running power/perc/crit (berserker) for my gear, perc runes and I am thinking about running vitality in my accessories (currently researching toughness vs vitality)

I have to disagree with reLapse.

Condition damage helps..sure. But in PvE/dungeons…you’re not the only stacking bleed. Let’s say others stack on 22 bleed and you can only squeeze in 3 bleed stacks…well all your + condition damage just went to waste as it only effects your mere 3 stacks whereas damage is damage.

Thief accessories

in Thief

reLapse.6743

You disagree with me?

The OP is going to be using Death Blossom, you do realise that the primary source of damage for Death Blossom is condition damage right?

All that power, precision and crit damage multiplier does next to nothing for Death Blossom.

Berserker has a tiny bit more power than Carrion, so all you’ll get from the other stats is a higher chance to crit and higher crit damage, no big deal.

(edited by reLapse.6743)

Thief accessories

in Thief

reLapse.6743

I think the OP should use a different weapons setup or a different build if he/she is dead set on using the Berserker’s stats.