Thief as main

Thief as main

in Thief

Posted by: DingoVad.1945

DingoVad.1945

Hey everyone, i have been playing some healing druid in raids and i love the raids themselves. The thing is that healing is getting boring at this point :/

I want to ask you thief players how you see thiefs? Are they viable/Strong in raids and also pvp/wvw?

Is it hard to find a Raid group? I know on my druid that i can find a group in about 5 mins.

Dingo Dimrys

Thief as main

in Thief

Posted by: ades.1386

ades.1386

Lets see…

Raids : Rev is better and has more support, you bring a thief if you need nothing but pure raw dps, Thief is pretty low on the wanted class list

PvP : you are the stay out of fights decap/+1 bot, the job of the thief is to run around decaping rotating the map and jumping into any fight they can quickly finish. Thief is not a 1v1 class

WvW: Other than roaming thief and the new vemonshare (not really new, weve been using venomshare in wvw zergs forever) There are many classes that do better condi damage, have more health, get more buffs and can provide better group support than a thief.

Most thieves are used as scouts to flip camps and sentries or they group up with another class for easy +1 fights.

Many people are pretty unhappy with their Thieves currently, we were hoping this patch would change some things but really it didnt do anything to improve the Thief.

Crystal Desert

Thief as main

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I agree mostly with ades.

Thieves are crap in PvP at least at the higher level play since other classes move nearly as good and hold a point better.

In WvW, thieves are mainly good in packs with other thieves where they can descend unseen and blow up hurt or less skilled players. Prior to the Plex nerf they could be vicious in 1v1 with condi but those days are mostly gone now.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Thief as main

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

Please… OP tell me you’re trolling us.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

Thief as main

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

I mostly play wvw. Aside from the usual concerns you’ll see posted here often I feel like my thief is fine for the most part even if I still feel those ongoing concerns should be addressed. I don’t stealth roam or run with a pack of thieves and I don’t front line unless I’m feeling it or run with a condition dumpster. I mostly weave in and out of groups or zergs or float around in the same quarter of the map to jump in if I need to or I’ll run with a commander to snipe prime targets or run interference for ours.

We have our ups and downs but you’re going to get different answers. I’d search a few pages of this forum to gauge it.

Kash
NSP

Thief as main

in Thief

Posted by: JonnyForgotten.4276

JonnyForgotten.4276

One place I’ve found that my thief really shines is venom sharing cc’s when taking down lords or anything else with a breakbar. The Basilisk Venom just melts break bars.

Thief as main

in Thief

Posted by: assassin.7895

assassin.7895

bad idea

thieves are bad / mediocre everywhere. playable tho

Thief as main

in Thief

Posted by: cyberzombie.7348

cyberzombie.7348

pvp: they are good for offensive support but like a tf2 spy, its a class where you have to play-it-smart instead of tough.

raids/dungeons : I’m normally a stealth reviver which normally works well for the groups I join.

wvw: i fully agree what ades.1386 said

Despite the chages to the class over the years, I personally believe thieves are one of the most versatile class in the game next to engineer.

What good is a medic w/o a patient?

Thief as main

in Thief

Posted by: yiksing.9432

yiksing.9432

Thieves mediocre in every game mode but best at trolling, so good even the thief players are getting trolled.

Thief as main

in Thief

Posted by: Dangus.6572

Dangus.6572

I play wvw only and from my experience thief is good in almost any case. Talking about D/P power build.

in small group fights they eliminate squishy DPS classes in zerg fights short bow a lot helps with aoe damage and combo fields.

in 1v1 there are few what can kill thief.

[Underworld][ZERK]

Thief as main

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

This actually seems like the first time we’ll see thieves accepted as a serious meta profession for raids. Eles are still best on big raid bosses, but everwhere else, thief seems to out perform them in DPS and with the Basilisk buff, their big contribution to break bars is a perk raid groups appreciate.

In sPvP…a thief will probably still be ok if the player is exceptional at playing that class, but it’s a pretty middle-of-the-pack class and I don’t expect to see many thieves in tournaments, but it is still a bit early to tell since the PvP meta settles more slowly.

In WvW, thieves will probably always have a place. I don’t really mess with that though, personally.