Thief balance changes

Thief balance changes

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Thief

• Unrelenting Strikes: Fixed an issue that prevented this trait from functioning correctly with missile attacks.
  • Deadly Trapper: Increased the duration of might granted from this trait from 8 seconds to 10 seconds. Vulnerability now correctly applies for 10 seconds.
  • Ambush: This trap now correctly applies might to the thief when triggered while Deadly Trapper is equipped.
  • Shadow Trap—Shadow Pursuit: Fixed an issue that prevented this ability from recognizing the Deadly Trapper trait when applying might.
  • No Quarter: This trait now applies ferocity bonuses to all instances of fury applied to the thief instead of all instances of fury that the thief applies (which included ferocity applied to allies).
  • Feline Grace: Increased the duration of vigor from 2 seconds to 4 seconds.

Thief balance changes

in Thief

Posted by: Stratos.9375

Stratos.9375

No Withdraw heal fix (Still 100% rather than 110%)
No initiative upon entering stealth fix

Thief balance changes

in Thief

Posted by: apocom.3172

apocom.3172

Maybe I have a miscalculation but this would bring Feline Grace to pre patch endurance regeneration if you successful dodge.
Pro: All evades
cons: within 4 secs

(Math: Endurence regenaration is 5 per sec, 75% of 5 is 3.75 * 4 = 15)

Thief balance changes

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

No one at anet plays thief or cares about it. They don’t listen to community either. They just make random changes based on feed back from warriors and mesmers which results in nerfs….

Just another noob thief…

Thief balance changes

in Thief

Posted by: uglydan.1638

uglydan.1638

The dev in charge of thieves doesn’t really care about the profession. Are you really surprised how things are? Don’t expect a decent elite spec either.

Thief balance changes

in Thief

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

This patch didn’t help out the thief at all, feline grace is a start but still this is just dumb
at least they punshed the good old mesmers in the face ^^

Thief balance changes

in Thief

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

No fix to pistol/pistol, no fix to the fall damage trait, no real fix to Feline Grace, they clearly don’t care about thieves.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Thief balance changes

in Thief

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

This is still redic, can we at least have an official word that this change will never be implemented and/or it was never intended and we all misinterpreted it?

Thief balance changes

in Thief

Posted by: Morty.4721

Morty.4721

Those changes look pretty kitten minor all around, for all classes.

Thief balance changes

in Thief

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

This

Thief balance changes

in Thief

Posted by: Justin Synth.5604

Justin Synth.5604

Even with the feline grace buff acro is still trash compared to other lines.

Maybe I have a miscalculation but this would bring Feline Grace to pre patch endurance regeneration if you successful dodge.
Pro: All evades
cons: within 4 secs

(Math: Endurence regenaration is 5 per sec, 75% of 5 is 3.75 * 4 = 15)

No, prepatch acro had perma vigor + feline grace and the vigor was more effective than it is now.

Just A Noob Thief [BLNT]

Thief balance changes

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I actually think it was a good patch. Mesmer game breaking bugs got fixed. Rampage nerfed a bit. WE DIDN’T GET NERFED; WHEW!!!!!! Srsly, be happy they don’t look so much at us, because every time they do we just get more nerfs~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Thief balance changes

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Even if they made the Vigor on Feline Grace to have 300s duration with no ICD, Feline Grace would still remain a totally lackluster trait compared to what it was before, and to what it SHOULD be now that everything got buffed.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

Thief balance changes

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Even if they made the Vigor on Feline Grace to have 300s duration with no ICD, Feline Grace would still remain a totally lackluster trait compared to what it was before, and to what it SHOULD be now that everything got buffed.

Tbh, i think thief weapon sets in general need to be reworked so all of them have 5 useful spells and not just d/p. That way they don’t need to heavily rely on one trait to be viable.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Thief balance changes

in Thief

Phil.8901

And Anet needs to add quickness and resistance to Plasma (stolen from Mesmer).

Thief balance changes

in Thief

hihey.1075

Tbh, i think thief weapon sets in general need to be reworked so all of them have 5 useful spells and not just d/p. That way they don’t need to heavily rely on one trait to be viable.

It’s not just one trait honestly.
Pre-patch Acro, gave the thief:
Vigor (due to 6s of Vigor every 15s thanks to Withdraw);
Condi Cleanse (Pain Response);
Boon Duration (which resulted in perma Swiftness and perma Vigor, coupled with the Trickery traitline);
A GOOD source of damage increase (10% when endurance is not full);
A nice third trait: Fleet of Foot (which would be AWESOME now thanks to all the Weakness spammed everywhere), Power of Inertia(which paired well with all the vigor+feline grace), Assassin’s Reward (same as now) or Hard to Catch (the new version is still buggy though, as you will still get interrupted – IE: it’s not like Ranger’s Shared Anguish);
Feline Grace.

Now you have no Boon Duration, “weaker” Vigor (which EVEN with Endless Stamina provides less endurance regen than other classes), less Vigor because you can’t give up Pain Response; a terrible choice of Master traits; a “meh” choice of Grandmaster traits (even Don’t Stop it’s “meh”, because it only really work against Thieves with Panic Strike. The Immob from other classes could easily be “ignored” with Sw#2, SB#5 or any other teleport.

You can’t really ask for better skills on weaponsets when an entire traitline has been NERFED to the ground, and literally EVERYTHING else in this game has been buffed to extreme.
Even people that use S/D right now don’t take Acrobatics because it’s pure kitten…

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

Thief balance changes

in Thief

Phil.8901

Honestly the old s/d style was really brainless with a huge quantity of dodge.

For example I’d put on evade skill on 3th autoattack sword chain (basically like ranger GS), or an endurance gain like 2th dagger chain (always on sword).

This gives to S/d different sources to gain endurance (besides vigor) and promote a more interesting gameplay insead of gaining endurance with a passive trait

It’s only an example but i think the right way to make s/d viable again and promote a better gameplay is giving to him an ACTIVE alterantive source to resore endurance, not passive like the old feline grace.

(edited by Phil.8901)

Thief balance changes

in Thief

hihey.1075

Honestly the old s/d style was really brainless with a huge quantity of dodge.

For example I’d put on evade skill on 3th autoattack sword chain (basically like ranger GS), or an endurance gain like 2th dagger chain (always on sword).

This gives to S/d different sources to gain endurance (besides vigor) and promote a more interesting gameplay insead of gaining endurance with a passive trait

It’s only an example but i think the right way to make s/d viable again and promote a better gameplay is giving to him an ACTIVE alterantive source to resore endurance, not passive like the old feline grace.

The problem there was ONLY because of S/D. Any other weaponset was 100% fine with Feline Grace, because you had clear times in which you could be hit/bursted.
The problem was only S/D because you could chain FS all the time and you would be virtually unhittable by anything because of its lack of vulnerability frames. This became even worse when they made FS “spammable”, thus making bad thieves staying alive even longer because they could spam it 4 times in a row.

Solution: introduce vulnerability frames to Flanking Strike.

I’ve always disliked the S/D playstyle. Everyone here knows what I think about 20066 S/D. But this nerf affected ALL other builds. I had my funniest times as a thief when I was running 20066 PD or 20066 SP, but now those builds are just a joke, compared to what every class has now.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

Thief balance changes

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

It’s not just one trait honestly.
Pre-patch Acro, gave the thief:
Vigor (due to 6s of Vigor every 15s thanks to Withdraw);
Condi Cleanse (Pain Response);
Boon Duration (which resulted in perma Swiftness and perma Vigor, coupled with the Trickery traitline);
A GOOD source of damage increase (10% when endurance is not full);
A nice third trait: Fleet of Foot (which would be AWESOME now thanks to all the Weakness spammed everywhere), Power of Inertia(which paired well with all the vigor+feline grace), Assassin’s Reward (same as now) or Hard to Catch (the new version is still buggy though, as you will still get interrupted – IE: it’s not like Ranger’s Shared Anguish);
Feline Grace.

Now you have no Boon Duration, “weaker” Vigor (which EVEN with Endless Stamina provides less endurance regen than other classes), less Vigor because you can’t give up Pain Response; a terrible choice of Master traits; a “meh” choice of Grandmaster traits (even Don’t Stop it’s “meh”, because it only really work against Thieves with Panic Strike. The Immob from other classes could easily be “ignored” with Sw#2, SB#5 or any other teleport.

You can’t really ask for better skills on weaponsets when an entire traitline has been NERFED to the ground, and literally EVERYTHING else in this game has been buffed to extreme.
Even people that use S/D right now don’t take Acrobatics because it’s pure kitten…

Yeah, i still wouldn’t give up the damage from CS on S/D for this nerfed line. I linked a gif in another thread of an ideal fight against an ele, and after watching it again, I realized out of 3 dodges/weapon evasions, I only prompted the “dodge” message once. I don’t think any of those 3 were wasted, but it even when ideally evading, there’s no guarantee of FG proccing when it needs to. They just need to tie our endurance regen to attacking already like almost every other class in the game if they want to promote attacking over evade spamming. The endurance regen really needs to stack with vigor alao. Look at the proposed tempest trait latent stamina if you want an example of how it could be done. Karl even talked about the interaction between invigorating precision and the new trait.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/gw2-tempest-traits.jpg

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

(edited by Maugetarr.6823)

Thief balance changes

in Thief

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

This patch really shows the current state of thieves. Almost every class got “nerfed” (with exception to ranger and engi which really needed the buff imo) while every patch note concerning thief was a “buff”. However thief is still a long ways from what is was pre-June patch.

(edited by Lyger.5429)

Thief balance changes

in Thief

Posted by: Dagger.2035

Dagger.2035

• Feline Grace: Increased the duration of vigor from 2 seconds to 4 seconds.

Attachments:

Human Thief [DOA]
Sorrows Furnace

Thief balance changes

in Thief

Posted by: HandsomeGentleman.9576

HandsomeGentleman.9576

Like I said before, ANET doesn’t know what the hell they are doing. The most pressing changes are ignored for months (withdraw will not be fixed for a while I GUARANTEE), while kitten like traps are “fixed”. Do you even play your own game anet?