Thief burst damage back

Thief burst damage back

in Thief

Posted by: MrKahwk.9524

MrKahwk.9524

Hello fellow rogues and roguelles

I have found a build which lets you do backstab like in the old days. I recently just made a 13k backstab on an engineer and even got over the 1000 points barrier on celestial stone heart+ frost aura+ protection eles. The concept is simple;

The following traits will help you reach those number:

Deadly Arts- Deadly trapper
+
Critical Strikes- Signet of Power

The utilities you need are shadow trap and Assassin’s signet.

Use steal+ shadow trap to trigger its effect. you get instant 15 stacks of might and with the activation of assyo signet and extra power boost getting you to 20 stacks of might for ten seconds.

Now this is purely based on your skills to execute an assassination, but if you land that damage you will down almost anything if you add a couple of AA’s and a heartseeker perhaps. Except for celes.

This is a fun build and in no way viable because there are just too many counters. But I as a veteran thief enjoy seeing those big numbers again =) cheers!

Thief burst damage back

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Yeah, we can definitely do some amazing burst. I always run Shadow Trap in PVP, though I don’t combo it with steal to initiate. Sounds like an interesting idea. The main issue is that most classes will pop some kind of invuln, block, or otherwise amazing survival skill and heal through most damage following the initial burst. If I can’t down someone within one second, chances are the fight will last much longer than it should.

Thief burst damage back

in Thief

Posted by: MrKahwk.9524

MrKahwk.9524

Yeah, we can definitely do some amazing burst. I always run Shadow Trap in PVP, though I don’t combo it with steal to initiate. Sounds like an interesting idea. The main issue is that most classes will pop some kind of invuln, block, or otherwise amazing survival skill and heal through most damage following the initial burst. If I can’t down someone within one second, chances are the fight will last much longer than it should.

yea this is sooo true. But that’s why I have shadow refuge in the third slot so that I can wait it out and burst again. Also valkyrie stats give you a lot of survivability since you’re gonna relyon backstab only. I noticed even with valkyrie my health drops really quickly still against classes like mesmer thieves themselves. I guess it’s just luck and the moment of surprise which decides if you’re gonna kill or get killed. I mean we’re thieves we’re masters at surprising the enemy. Of course this is also not viable in pvp since finding a single target is pretty difficult in that zergfest ^^’

Thief burst damage back

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

I like to run a full signet burst d/d build every so often. The lulz and “wtf” moments you get running that build makes it all worth while.

I remember insta downing a necro who literally just gave me props for it.

Thief burst damage back

in Thief

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

this build is one trick pony.You miss you lost.You can have same numbers with the usual build.

Thief burst damage back

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

It’s effectively just regular signet stab. The concept of ST over SoS or even IS isn’t really anything new. The might is great, and imho, ST is great in PvE for nukes, but getting a target to step on the trap and at the sacrifice of better engage from IS or passive run speed/active ranged blind from SoS isn’t worth it to me, not to mention the high cooldown.

Thief burst damage back

in Thief

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

Its technically worse than signet build since Shadow trap makes you lose the damage from C&D (plus you can’t trigger fire + air in the same burst)

I’ve gotta say that I never tough of the idea of triggering 20 stacks of might + vuln by pressing IS and ST at the same time tough.