Thief crafting. What did you pick?

in Thief

Posted by: Velk.5240

Velk.5240

I’m torn with what I should take for crafting on my thief.

I would hopefully take something that’s useful leveling up and can craft some decent gear/weapons at level 80.

I’m probably going to be sticking to Pistol/dagger + shortbow. Possible going dagger/dagger eventually (who knows)

I was thinking about taking Huntsman + Leatherworking. If I end up switching to dagger/dagger later I don’t want my huntsman to become obsolete.

Anyway….

What did you pick?
Are you happy with it?
Was it useful while leveling?
Is it still useful at level 80?

Thanks in advance for any info!

in Thief

Posted by: Catalyst.8075

Catalyst.8075

You can only have two active trades, but can max all of them. So if you are asking which ones to get first…it really doesn’t matter.

in Thief

Posted by: MadGelo.3869

MadGelo.3869

whatever you pick, be prepared to waste a lot of time on gathering and grinding for rare components

in Thief

Posted by: Quidel.2401

Quidel.2401

I took LW and JC. Got good xp when leveling them and also kept my gear up to speed for my level. It is a money dump and you wont make anything but the xp and gear during leveling is worth it. I would suggest you always craft and stack/use +%magic find gear. It will help you a ton on keeping up with the costs.

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

Just don’t take two crafts that require fine materials and you should be fine. The real bottlenecking comes when you need to find enough fine mats in a given tier for two crafts.

in Thief

Posted by: Hyral.4168

Hyral.4168

Leatherworking and Cooking. I have other toons doing other crafts so they can level on those, it’d be an expensive waste to do it twice. And whenever I hit the X5 levels, I just TP new daggers, sword, pistol and shortbow for like 8s at level 65. So I’m glad I picked what I did!

in Thief

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

I’ve taken weaponsmith/huntsman, but only really leveled weaponsmith so far.

in Thief

Posted by: Trismegistos.3046

Trismegistos.3046

i had LW (250),
then switched to Huntsman (200),
then WS (150),
then Artifice (150),
now i got JC (300) and Cooking (350)

not leveling any of them. atm. just used them to get easy fast XP :P
got like 20 levels from crafting, in a couple hours xD

in Thief

Posted by: Ranzou.7123

Ranzou.7123

first i’m taking LW and WS
but because it’s hard to get the material myself… i choose to only mastered the LW and change the WS with Cooking.. because some legendary weapon material for thief is from cooking and food is useful

Now you see me, soon you won’t

in Thief

Posted by: Greyfell.9246

Greyfell.9246

Don’t choose based on what you need for gear to level. Gear flows in and even if you’re unlucky you can pick up a full set of greens for a few silver. I don’t even think I would bother except for trying to obtain a legendary. Once your 80 and making some money it wouldn’t be difficult to level what you need to 400. Plus all that xp would go towards skillpoints which you will need for the mystic forge.