Thief hacking

Thief hacking

in Thief

Posted by: little.6509

little.6509

This is just getting annoying. I am from Isle of Janthir and there are MULTIPLE thiefs in Sanctum of Rall who are hacking to win. They will backstab you, and instantly (and I mean instantly) go back into stealth and repeat this hundreds of times, no matter how many people there, or no matter how many times they use it. idk if they are using the skill cancel to bug the cooldowns or what, but when they are able to take out entire camps in seconds, it needs to be fixed Since A-net doesn’t allow us to post screenshots or names, and there is no report for hacking there will be nothing done about this unless I post, and I’m sure nothing will be done here either.

Thief hacking

in Thief

Posted by: KirinDave.6451

KirinDave.6451

Are there perhaps just multiple thieves? Because it’s pretty challenging to do this on a moving target even with infinite initiative.

Anvil Rock has a thief wolfpack and they’re pretty scary when they run 5 deep. Especially when they mix sword+dagger with dagger+dagger. Pretty much nothing can escape if they surround you.

Thief hacking

in Thief

little.6509

Are there perhaps just multiple thieves? Because it’s pretty challenging to do this on a moving target even with infinite initiative.

Anvil Rock has a thief wolfpack and they’re pretty scary when they run 5 deep. Especially when they mix sword+dagger with dagger+dagger. Pretty much nothing can escape if they surround you.

it is most definately one thief doing it as I type this

Thief hacking

in Thief

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

Imagine.

10 thief that coordinate the cnd and backstab on target.

Yeah they can kill all of you but this is tactic. this is the game not hacking.

Thief hacking

in Thief

little.6509

I am downloading something to attempt to record this to show you, but he will probably be hacking elsewhere by the time it finishes

Thief hacking

in Thief

little.6509

Imagine.

right, and that’s why when he came out of the stealth he had the same exact conditions I put on him?

Thief hacking

in Thief

Posted by: KirinDave.6451

KirinDave.6451

I am downloading something to attempt to record this to show you, but he will probably be hacking elsewhere by the time it finishes

Just report him.

We are not the people you need to convince.

Thief hacking

in Thief

little.6509

Just report him.

You cant report for hacking, and this is for the devs to see, not you

Thief hacking

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Cellphone Camcorder?

Thief hacking

in Thief

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

Just report him.

Make a ticket with a screenshot attached. This is what the devs/mod will tell you just before they close this thread. There is no point in making a post about this. Players can’t do anything about it.

Thief hacking

in Thief

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Post this in the game-bug forums then, that’s why hacking-reports are suppose to go. This is a forum for discussing Thief game mechanics and aesthetics. >_>

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

Thief hacking

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Imagine.

Ummm no, that wouldn’t happen unless all those thieves are bad. It doesn’t take 10 people to kill a single target.

Problem most likely is culling.

Thief hacking

in Thief

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

Anvil Rock s/d thief here. Its probably a s/d thief shadow stepping you with #2. There is no cool down and its only limited by how much inititive they have.

When they are shadowstepping it may apear as if they are stealthing. So yea it looks unlimited.

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos:

Thief hacking

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I roll with 3 other thieves using P/D. Very fun Usually the enemy only thinks it’s one of us, not 3. It was probably a lot more than you realize.

Thief hacking

in Thief

Posted by: Malicious.6742

Malicious.6742

BS has a cast time and an animation. If you BS ~.25s before stealth runs out it will hit after the buff wore off resulting in revealed not triggering. That means the thief can restealth right away and BS again or run away or /dance or whatsoever.

That’s not a hack, rather an exploit of current game mechanics.

Thief hacking

in Thief

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Usually if they’re hacking, the name will come up as “unknown” in the combat log, and you’ll never see them.

Thief hacking

in Thief

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

BAHWHHAHAAHAHA you’ve got to be kidding me, my friends were doing this to you guys right before the patch made us quit. I was afk.

I can tell you right now it’s not hacking.