Thief hate and more: Why HoT is NoT for me

in Thief

Posted by: CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

At this point aNet, I’m simply not going to buy HoT.

You have taken a really great trait (Ricochet) and removed it, all but saying ‘we didn’t feel like balancing it with our new system’.

You nerfed Thief build diversity into the ground. But who cares right? Plenty of people want to play burst and play with the weapons YOU want us to play with, so it’s fine by you.

And this is not the first time you have ruined gameplay for thousands of your players. Almost all classes have taken serious nerfs in some form or another, and you have made major changes to the way the game is played, ruining the experience for a lot of people. Just one example: Leveling up a new account is absolute torture now.

But by all means, bring Ricochet back. It doesn’t even matter any more because we can’t trust you not to do something completely unreasonable and ruin some other class or some other function of the game. “It’s an MMO, they change over time, deal with it” Uh huh. Between that attitude and ruining some aspect of gameplay repeatedly that has stopped me from making any more Gem Store purchases.

And it’s why HoT is not even close to being on my mind for a future purchase.

in Thief

Posted by: Sneek.6504

Sneek.6504

We haven’t even seen the thief elite spec yet. Who knows, maybe ricochet was moved to elite spec trait line and also includes rifle. I know the wait is long, but wouldn’t it be wiser to reserve judgement until we get more info?

in Thief

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

Right so lets look at this from a Competitive point of view.

What did all top Thief players use Before patch? D/P.

What do all top thief players use now? D/P

I fail to see the Reduction in Diversity, If anything More and more players are not Using the D/P builds for S/D or D/D builds now then ever was before the patch, Just because People bring Low tier builds into pvp for Enjoyment doesnt mean they were valuable to the game.

PvP is Competitive, therefore on the majority hit a competitive scene or just would not handicap themselves or their teams to take Weak builds into pvp knowing that any knowledgable or skilled player will kill them on sight.

Builds are Diverse and nothing has changed, sure something in P/P got changed and i find it unlikely the only reason they did it was cause they didnt feel like balancing it into the new system it prolly wasnt in the direction they’re wanting to the class to result in, New Elites are coming out currently you have no idea what could and could not be done as this pre-patch is AIMED for the expansion.

Every MMO removes abilities and there are fanbases behind all the mechanics that u come by in them, its about adapting, if we all played the exact same thing all day everyday the MMO Would die out so quickly.

“cant trust you” there was no unreasonable play… there was no “ruining” of classes…

If this is soo Big in ur eyes u should prolly be retiring from MMOs itself not just GW2 every game see’s these changes… every MMO classes / Proffessions are pushed in a direction the company wants them at.

in Thief

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

We haven’t even seen the thief elite spec yet. Who knows, maybe ricochet was moved to elite spec trait line and also includes rifle. I know the wait is long, but wouldn’t it be wiser to reserve judgement until we get more info?

I completely understand what you’re saying, and IF the loss of Ricochet was my only complaint, I’d also agree with you.

However the point of my post is that this is not the the only time aNet has changed the game and ruined some part of the game that I had a lot of fun with, and ruined it for a lot of other people as well. And because of their past history, it is reasonable to conclude even IF we get Ricochet back, that aNet will inevitably make more bonehead moves and ruin some other aspect of the game for a bunch of folks, and I will certainly be affected sooner or later as well. So why put money into a company that is constantly ruining aspects of their product for me?

in Thief

Posted by: Stormclaw.5031

Stormclaw.5031

Seconding OP, I haven’t logged on in a couple weeks now and I don’t intend to until Anet starts making some show of faith that they’re going to fix the damage they’ve caused. I just don’t see how they can expect us to tolerate this treatment, it’s a slap in the face that they focus on only the most competitive pvp build and remove other builds outright that hurt nothing, all to try to force us to get in line with their one-build-fits-all, play-it-how-we-say-it Esports vision.

To the people still clinging to the hope that they’re adding rifle elite spec.. it’s all but confirmed that thief is getting staff, please check some of the other threads. Even IF they were getting rifle, it’s unlikely they’d add traits for pistols in that line, since its whole purpose is to get you to use a different weapon set. And EVEN IF they do add ricochet to an elite spec line (even more unlikely).. it’d be unforgivable of them to go this long remaining completely silent to maintain the “surprise”… people are quitting the game over this. This is not the time for them to sit on their rears doing nothing amidst all this outcry.

in Thief

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

Knee-jerk reaction is knee-jerk reaction and $10 says you’ll buy it at some stage.

It’s an MMO, these things take time to get right. Don’t get me wrong I’m just as annoyed as the next disgruntled back-stabber at some of the recent changes made to the class and it has certainly tempered my excitement for the expansion but to straight up state I’m quitting “forever!!!” and won’t buy HoT while throwing all my toys out of the cot on the forum seems a gross over-reaction given the genre.

You have no idea what the game or class might be like in a few months. To not even entertain the idea that things might get better just seems overly defeatist, or maybe I’ve just played more MMO’s and seen this happen over and over and over again on forums which struggle to realize they are mainly avenues for minority complaint with little to no input on the game anyway. The self importance and delusional import people often place on gaming forum opinion often baffles me.

If I had a gold coin for every time I’d read a post-patch diatribe on how the game is now ruined and it will be dead in under a year with everyone leaving I’d be rich.

Reality is not much will actually happen.

I’d just accept that we are in a time of massive transition and mechanical change.Once the dust has settled I’m pretty confident I’ll be seeing you in-game having a blast.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

in Thief

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

Knee-jerk reaction is knee-jerk reaction and $10 says you’ll buy it at some stage.

You didn’t read my post. I specifically said this is not just due to the removal of Ricochet, it’s their history of implementing similar fun-ruining changes to the game. My decision is based on the past THREE YEARS. I would hardly call waiting for the three years to come to this decision a knee-jerk reaction.

… but to straight up state I’m quitting “forever!!!” and won’t buy HoT while throwing all my toys out of the cot on the forum seems a gross over-reaction given the genre.

Again, must’ve skim-read my post and made assumptions. No where did I say I wasn’t playing the game. I said I’m not buying HoT (it’s the title of this thread for the love of Pete), and also I stopped spending money in the Gem Store. My decision is to not give aNet any more of my money because they keep breaking their promise to let us play how we want and to give us build diversity.

in Thief

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

You didn’t read my post. I specifically said this is not just due to the removal of Ricochet, it’s their history of implementing similar fun-ruining changes to the game. My decision is based on the past THREE YEARS. I would hardly call waiting for the three years to come to this decision a knee-jerk reaction.

… but to straight up state I’m quitting “forever!!!” and won’t buy HoT while throwing all my toys out of the cot on the forum seems a gross over-reaction given the genre.

Again, must’ve skim-read my post and made assumptions. No where did I say I wasn’t playing the game. I said I’m not buying HoT (it’s the title of this thread for the love of Pete), and also I stopped spending money in the Gem Store. My decision is to not give aNet any more of my money because they keep breaking their promise to let us play how we want and to give us build diversity.

while there is nothing wrong with that, i doubt it will change anything, Anet will get their money one way or another, even if every single thief player stop paying, do you think they would care?

in Thief

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

while there is nothing wrong with that, i doubt it will change anything, Anet will get their money one way or another, even if every single thief player stop paying, do you think they would care?

Well if I say nothing, the answer to your question is a definite “no”. They can’t care about something they don’t know about.

But by posting, and maybe enough people post similar sentiments, at least there’s a chance. I won’t hold my breath given the past three years, but at least there’s a chance someone at aNet might take over and start delivering on promises in a way that doesn’t alienate their playerbase.

So the question I ask is: what do we have to lose by posting how we feel?

in Thief

Posted by: Zeem.2564

Zeem.2564

I have other characters that I can play, but it has to be said, since Ricochet went my interest in using my Thief pretty much vanished.

A shame, as before the nerf it was my favourite character and was totally reviving my interest in the game and HoT.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Oh yeah, i am not getting HoT for any of my accounts unless they change their attitude towards the class. I play pvp 99% of the time. Hot already brings little for me. I am not supporting their crappy class politics by giving them my money.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: Murmaider.1805

Murmaider.1805

The only reason I’d buy HoT anyway is for the extra Character slots. I mean other than that all I really do is PvP and they’re not bringing much to the table for that kind of money..

in Thief

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

You didn’t read my post. I specifically said this is not just due to the removal of Ricochet, it’s their history of implementing similar fun-ruining changes to the game.

Nah not really.

To specifically state and imply are two vastly different things.

The main focus of your op was ricochet.You started on it, and you finished on it. Don’t back-track just because I used the overall theme of your op to formulate my rebuttal while knowing you will buy HoT at some stage but just don’t want to admit it due to post-patch forum rage.

Come on man…once the anger dissipates you know it will happen.

Fair call.

I didn’t miss-read your op or make assumptions but I fully agree I over-generalized when I responded and lumped you in with other posts here in regards to the world ending and /uninstall due to such issues post-patch.

Funny thing is, especially as a major GW1 fan, I agree with you, especially in regards to the lack of build diversity. I just get disillusioned with these forum posts concerning context that generally equates too “I’m angry.kthx bye Anet” only to see the same poster here the next day.

On topic though even you must realize that HoT will become a prerequisite for staying relevant in any part of Tyria. I can’t imagine playing the game without the expansion will be fun for long unless you like gimping yourself.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

in Thief

Posted by: DarknesSushi.5876

DarknesSushi.5876

Agree with that, man if things continue like that, it would be easy if arena net just give a dagger to mesmer, start call it illusionary assassin, and remove thief once for all from the game, cause crap, they do EVERYTHING to ruin the class, and seems they even don’t see thief topic…..in every topic from other class you see they reply and keep a conversation with them, but here, where is the “thief representative”, with all respect but it seems he don’t exist, each day since the patch came, less i do things with thief, he simple became a PvE character(even the s/p i posted is good, but still out of thief real role, and survive), and other if they make “any” change, the others will start complain since if you don’t kill a thief in 1~2 hit anymore will be considered “OP”

in Thief

DHawk.2687

there is a ranger in the forums crying that thieves do 20+k backstabs from stealth on him all the time xD
so cute

i guess he’s lv 2 with constant 25 vuln ^^

in Thief

DarknesSushi.5876

there is a ranger in the forums crying that thieves do 20+k backstabs from stealth on him all the time xD
so cute

wooooooow 20k+ backstab he must trying to fight Caithe(imagine he fighting a d/d ele…..it shall be 50k dammage xD) or he simple don’t use any set without trait and no signet of stone…..really man i have a ranger, need 2~3 backstab to kill it and 2 skills and i kill the thief……that people who don’t play thief and call us OP…i wish THEY got so hard nerf, so they could stop talk things like that

in Thief

DHawk.2687

so cute

wooooooow 20k+ backstab he must trying to fight Caithe or he simple don’t use any set without trait and no signet of stone…..really man i have a ranger, need 2~3 backstab to kill it and 2 skills and i kill the thief……that people who don’t play thief and call us OP…i wish THEY got so hard nerf, so they could stop talk things like that

i have almost 3k power and 250% crit dmg, backstab is always a crit, tops i ever had was about 13k because i used CnD to give him 3 invuln and i had about 5 might

20k my kitten xD

in Thief

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

so cute

wooooooow 20k+ backstab he must trying to fight Caithe or he simple don’t use any set without trait and no signet of stone…..really man i have a ranger, need 2~3 backstab to kill it and 2 skills and i kill the thief……that people who don’t play thief and call us OP…i wish THEY got so hard nerf, so they could stop talk things like that

i have almost 3k power and 250% crit dmg, backstab is always a crit, tops i ever had was about 13k because i used CnD to give him 3 invuln and i had about 5 might

20k my kitten xD

In actuality, the statement was

You cannot counter a 20k backstab from stealth.

but go right ahead and change it to whatever you like, truth doesn’t seem to be a strong point. Not to mention, the statement was already retracted before you posted here.

in Thief

DHawk.2687

so cute

20k my kitten xD

but go right ahead and change it to whatever you like, truth doesn’t seem to be a strong point. Not to mention, the statement was already retracted before you posted here.

it doesn’t change the fact that you call op on classes you don’t even know and just whine all day long because you can’t perform well with a balanced easy class
sorry to tell you this, but if you can’t counter a single thief as a ranger or at least get out of the fight l2p your class dude xD

in Thief

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I used p/p/ before, I use p/p now. I don’t miss ricochet. Move on, losing the range sucks, but there are ways around this.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

(edited by DresdenAllblack.1249)

in Thief

DHawk.2687

I used p/p/ before, I use p/p now. I don’t miss ricochet. Move on

same here with DD
i adapted
done deal

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

so cute

20k my kitten xD

i’m a thief main, played it mainly on the way to get myself to rank 800 in wvw by doing nothing but solo roaming and r80 via solo q in spvp…
i also tried out every single other profession out there (and close to every viable general build) and play some regularly, like LB, GS, S/D ranger or D/D ele

and i gotta tell you, i have no problems whatsoever at beating thieves during my wvw solo roaming on ranger… i play a 10101 build with raven+siamoth for dmg/taunt+stealth

you only gotta watch out while running around, keep your eyes open, react to the thieves actions (eg when they stealth either LB #3 on a critter, GS #3 or #4, Signet of Stone as a last option…) and try to predict+dodge their steal

once you play one class for real and pay attention on how to counter it, you can. (mostly)

Edit: you can also dodge C&D against D/D thieves, just gotta have some quick reactions and look at the thief… if they use C&D while far away dodge, as they may want to steal/use their Infiltrators Signet

Edit2: don’t panic

PvP, Teef & Engi

(edited by Tarkan.5609)

in Thief

DarknesSushi.5876

same here with DD
i adapted
done deal

you use that build for roamming WvW? could send a link in any build creator? i miss the d/d or d/p so much….
by now i’m using the acro trait with sword/pistol, so i have like 3 shadowstep + 4 stun break, and 2 condition clean, but is a rogue build “hit and run to hit again, if the second hit fail, run to save your life”

(edited by DarknesSushi.5876)

in Thief

DHawk.2687

same here with DD
i adapted
done deal

you use that build for roamming WvW? could send a link in any build creator? i miss the d/d or d/p so much….

check the forums for my allround strong dd build
look for DHawk as editor, there are already ppl copying my build xD

in Thief

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

I used p/p/ before, I use p/p now. I don’t miss ricochet. Move on, losing the range sucks, but there are ways around this.

Ankle shots gives you the 1050 range. It just doesn’t say it on the tooltip for the trait but look at the pistol skills when you have that trait.

in Thief

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

OH I am so sorry. You’re right, since you don’t miss it, it’s ok if it’s gone. I don’t know what I was thinking, having a different opinion than yours. The only thing that matters is how you feel.

Seriously, love these selfish kind of posts. “Doesn’t affect me at all, so you must be wrong for thinking it matters.”

in Thief

Posted by: apocom.3172

apocom.3172

OP I feel the same

I just cannot bring me to prepurchase the expansion and I have spend over 3000 hours on my thief.
My problem is not that thief is up or something but that they are killing every diversity and they have clearly no idea of the class.

I’m pretty sure none of the developers plays thief. Otherwise things like the bs bug, the old assassins equilibrium, the sb poison field nerf wouldn’t made it into the game. And yeah blind on stealth is so strong should be GM while P#5 has it in the weaponset. I could go on forever.

The developers have their classes they pet and like and on top of that they don’t care about their customers.

And than they tell us that thieves don’t need nerves and after the next patch you better play d/p. Our diversity now is if you pick executioner over improvisation.