Thief help (New Player)

Thief help (New Player)

in Thief

Posted by: EUPHORIA.3951

EUPHORIA.3951

Hello, I would like to ask for experienced thief help to build my thief, atm I am lvl 72 so soon I’ll be hitting that lvl 80 and thinking about completing the map and maybe start doing some pvp. What confuses me is the traits. Atm I’m running 4/4/0/2/0 for that extra dps (D/D and P/P or bow) because I think that thief should be doing maximum dmg in short time before vanishing into shadows. So I would like to find out what is the best build for thieves in pve and pvp and why

Thief help (New Player)

in Thief

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

Damage
Boon Removal
Cooldown on steal
Boon upkeep

Metabuilds (google it) will give you the current top builds in all areas of the game.

Thief help (New Player)

in Thief

Posted by: Hyde.6248

Hyde.6248

My d/p pvp build

I know you may want to use d/d with p/p or shortbow but those weapons sets just are not that viable for pvp lol. You can also do S/D with shortbow. These two builds are the meta and may be a little different from the ones on meta battle.

My s/d pvp build

For pve I suggest looking up DnT’s guide on it.

Thief help (New Player)

in Thief

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

I used to run 2/6/0/0/6, but have recently found more success with 6/0/2/0/6.

Baer

Thief help (New Player)

in Thief

EUPHORIA.3951

thx for replies guys, i will try it all out

Thief help (New Player)

in Thief

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

wow i was thinking 66020 would be the best as well. you get a kitten ton of power, crit strike, crit power, and condition stuff which makes your 1 and 2 abiltiies do sooo much damage. then the 2 points there would be for a little survivability. i think you should practice this build then practice the ones those guys suggested and see what you like best .

but really i don’t get why no one uses 66020 it seems really strong

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

Thief help (New Player)

in Thief

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

but really i don’t get why no one uses 66020 it seems really strong

Because the current meta builds all have xxxx6.

It makes Steal into a bea$t. Shorter CD and the interrupt daze on top of Thrill of the Crime and Bountiful Theft and more initiative, rawr.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Thief help (New Player)

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

For a more tactical approach in PvE, use 50036 or 20066.

As for PvP, you really have to build on what playstyle you like or how your team composition is. The meta build is mainly driven by this. When you watch a video of a Thief in PvP, don’t just watch the Thief, but also watch how the Thief interacts with his/her team mate and what their role in that team.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Thief help (New Player)

in Thief

Posted by: Form.8741

Form.8741

If you want to ever win 1v1 battles vs decent players, reroll profession. You wasted your time.

Thief help (New Player)

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

If you’re enjoying P/P, try giving 46004 a try. Gives you ricochet, executioner, and all the +combo-skill traits you’d need for damage.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Thief help (New Player)

in Thief

EUPHORIA.3951

If you want to ever win 1v1 battles vs decent players, reroll profession. You wasted your time.

why so o_o

p.s. now made 5/0/0/3/3 (dont have all points yet, gonna test it out)

Thief help (New Player)

in Thief

Posted by: symke.3105

symke.3105

Why?