Thief is broke Anet fix him plox

in Thief

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

I Fight thief Wv3 and i die alot cause they 2 hit me , me have 2.8k def and D/D thief isnt not way not strong but its attacks are encumbering I can use my engie to net shot them but they break that cauze they go stealth and cleasne condition and get nother cleanse for 3 secs in stealth. So i caltrop for control and yeah its lows them for a little but its not enough to mitiage the dmg i get hit 10k backstab . Even if i remotely get jump on thief he stealth and 2 shots me with massive dmg i no lie , because you spamming skills and he sitting bk and picking teeth playing with your life.

Lets take S/D for instance , they hit like a truck..they have infinite stunbreakurs and never fall down keep coming they no stop coming i can CC them to kitten and they still bind and continue to pelt my brains out , the real pain doesnt come till they want to daze you..you not what 1/ 1/2 daze will do to you with a massive co effikitten? NUKE you with no time to retal . Run in circles in die…wheres the balance?

Ok lets dicurss the P/D , its ok but its no big deal..its bleeds you slowlyand you die eventually but P/D is fine . lets move on we shall we?

Ok D/P is a true troll , they dance through shadows like thieves in a blackout , all you can see if red circles and you cant counter them by standing in those circles cause they blind u and u no able to use skill when u blind . when you least expect it even if you do! you get hit for HUGE dmg and he rinses and repeat till you staring at respawn screen. Oh dont tell me to cc him cause thats the biggest load of crap since RNg got introduced. He will shadowstep with cloak dgger skill and proceed like nothing happened. You can get buddies to help but he will stack so much stealth you guys got better luck solo a breakout Commander.

Shortbow D/D Conditon
They are the weakest , they kill fast with bleeds but are quite vulneroble to damage , you know why? they no stealth lol …what does that tell us other classes about yours? stealth is completely broken , coupled with no Cds , regen inside it and massive dmg / cleasnes you thieves are unstoppable killin machines..forget that old vit/tough mumbo jumbo away with it!

S/P : Ok this one is unheard of , but i think somne just needs to release cookie cutter build for them to surface. then ill be back to q.q about nerfin their pistol whop.

TLDR : Nerf thief down ground . They OP too strong for normal classes we need balance.

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Thief

Posted by: Faeyd.5094

Faeyd.5094

Engineer can’t beat a thief? This is a bad spec issue or L2P. Engineer instruction video (last two fights, not the ranger ones):

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Caed-S-D-Semi-and-Finals-1v1-tournament/first#post2217083

Tiger

in Thief

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

Engineer are one of the hardest classes i find to fight against. Also they are one of the hardest classes to play well, keep playing, keep learning. You only learn from loosing.

in Thief

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

The best thing is to read the full OP and then the signature…

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

Lets take S/D for instance , they hit like a truck..

i stopped reading right there…

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Just out of curiosity, is english your primary language? Or was this thread just a parody of QQers intentionally writting that way to note that you’re trolling?

If it’s not your primary language it’s ok, it’s not mine either, but I think you should be a bit more careful when posting because right now I can’t tell if this was serious or just an imitation of the typical QQs in a mocking tone.

Right now because you main Engineer (one of the stone walls for a Thief in general), and because of your sig, I will assume that you were just having some fun here.

in Thief

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

If you’re indeed an engineer, learn to use your INSANE AMOUNT OF UTILITIES more appropriately. A good Engineer or Mesmer is the hardest things to beat as a thief, bordering on the impossible, because these classes are slippery, have very annoying utilities and have little reliance on boons (which is where we can defeat e.g. guardian by stripping boons).

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

in Thief

Nah in all seriousness, i actually meant a majority of what i wrote in OP . S/D is insanely strong but after 1300 hrs on engie of course you know how to deal with every spec of thief lol (or you should by now) . You know when somone comes out with a cookie cutter build , and everyone and their granny runs it , you wont see the potential of said build till you go against somone of equal or greater skill play. I killed many S/D but till i met this one thief , he robbed me 50 secs of retal 2 mins of swiftness 35 secs of fury 20 secs of protection and last but not least 2 stacks of might. Of course i got wrecked lol , i came here to indulge in more Q.Q posts or observe more malicously biased “My class aint OP you just suck” posts lol . I can’t quite recall the person who said it , but they said just dodge the LS…well you do what any players would do after reading most L2P replies from any disgruntled thief lol , ignore it . Well , boy was they right lol , i had the honor to fight two Champion Shadows and never once wasted dodge but to dodge LS , with the use of caltrops , misdirections (prevent backstabs 50% of time) , and prybars with KDs. I fended them off , and i couldnt do anything but chuckle cause without taking my boons they were another D/D with what seems like infinite shadowsteps and spammed dodges . As it stands though , theres NO class in this entire game that wakes me up..beside the little ol thief (some play Norn , but they kinda instinct) . I welcome the challenge , but my final verdict is the same lol. THIEF STRONK , JUST REWORK STEALTH PLOX!

TLDR : Hostile or not thieves give out their counters , its up to you to swim or sink with said knowledge. I truly believe the class isnt OP , just some unique mechanics that are implemented with it is broken. One of the best classes by far when played by great players , yes i know that can be said by all classes but in particular a true thief is an abomination lol . Even skilled shatter mesmers are less mind boggling :o

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

(edited by TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586)

in Thief

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Another QQ? I have one suggestion: If you cant beat them, join them :-D
I play S/D thief. I have 19k HP and two days ago a got killed by D/D thief in one sec. Am i QQ? No becouse i know how hardly he paid with his survival ability for this….
If i would catch him unprepared i would kill him in one sec too…

(edited by daros.3407)

in Thief

Another QQ? I have one suggestion: If you cant beat them, join them :-D
I play S/D thief. I have 19k HP and two days ago a got killed by D/D thief in one sec. Am i QQ? No becouse i know how hardly he paid with his survival ability for this….
If i would catch him unprepared i would kill him in one sec too…

Aside from the point of you totally disregarding my post , ill take what you said with a grain of salt..ty good sir have a nice day.

in Thief

Posted by: casey.1546

casey.1546

Spamming is not really an issue as almost all skills are balanced to match other classes cooldowns. Stealth I think really does need a rework though. It is totally counterable, but after about 3 seconds good luck. I don’t think the problem is with stealth in general, but the duration of stealth your able to achieve. We should only have enough stealth to avoid attacks, reposition, or use sneak attacks. Stacking a long stealth is a problem IMO.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

original poster is a nub. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYS9Q8Iq0Dk FINALS of a tournement. S/D zerk thief vs engineer. the engi didnt go below 75% hp in any of the fights. this guy is a donk . please lock and erase thread. fail

in Thief

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

Yes, everything needs to be balanced around WvW. Because that is where class balance matters the most.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

id say spvp / tpvp is where you can get the most relevant taste for balance. any class in a zerg can be rolled over. some (thief) have no chance unless on the very outskirts and attacking a stray sheep.

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

@TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama Ok so then it was just you having some fun messing with people here, that explains the way you wrote it eating so many pronoums and verbs :P

in Thief

Posted by: Nickeloneon.8714

Nickeloneon.8714

He will shadowstep with cloak dgger skill and proceed like nothing happened.

Lol… Of course he’s trolling.

Nycke / Best warrior evar ~ 11111111111111111-5-F1… I win!!

in Thief

original poster is a nub. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYS9Q8Iq0Dk FINALS of a tournement. S/D zerk thief vs engineer. the engi didnt go below 75% hp in any of the fights. this guy is a donk . please lock and erase thread. fail

Lol , oh god now that was the laugh of the day man…i appreciate that one.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

yeah… u cant really rebuttal that can you ? lol your welcome.

lock and close thread request ty

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I lold.

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Lol l2p. I hate saying it but its what noobs need to hear.

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

Engineer can’t beat a thief? This is a bad spec issue or L2P. Engineer instruction video (last two fights, not the ranger ones):

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Caed-S-D-Semi-and-Finals-1v1-tournament/first#post2217083

lol you kidding, right?

go WvW on engi on t1 → t3 and let me know how many thieves you Own))

“L2p” lol elitists.

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Seriously, there is a thread for this already, we don’t need 20 of them.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Thief

Posted by: Helcor.9527

Helcor.9527

Dont worry OP this will be handled in time or the game will suffer.

in Thief

Posted by: TsukiNoEi.4570

TsukiNoEi.4570

What I can see is a rubbish want to win in every fight but don’t want to use an anti-stealth trap even he is facing 3 thieves…go and play solo game and you will be king.

Berserker Thief – Tsuki No Ei

in Thief

Dont worry OP this will be handled in time or the game will suffer.

Hasnt the game already been suffering lol?

in Thief

Lol l2p. I hate saying it but its what noobs need to hear.

Ahhhh the good ol* L2P* , its the answer to all posts pertaining to class balance

in Thief

Aaaaaaaaannndd thats 1 person who competent enough to identify this thread , my hats off to you sir.

in Thief

Posted by: Nickeloneon.8714

Nickeloneon.8714

Aaaaaaaaannndd thats 1 person who competent enough to identify this thread , my hats off to you sir.

:)

Nycke / Best warrior evar ~ 11111111111111111-5-F1… I win!!

in Thief

Travlane.5948

lol you kidding, right?

go WvW on engi on t1 -> t3 and let me know how many thieves you Own))

“L2p” lol elitists.

t1 1 v 1 players are actually the most horrid ive ever seen. t2 are decent/good some of the best were t3. prolly bc the zerg mentality from higher pvp pops.

in Thief

Posted by: Babayum.9204

Babayum.9204

lol you kidding, right?

“L2p” lol elitists.

Not sure if serious… ah yea, L2P you obviously have to.

in Thief

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

lol you kidding, right?

“L2p” lol elitists.

I WvW in T1 and I own thieves constantly.

It probably is L2P if you have the attitude that Thieves just destroy Engineers. A good Engi is one of the hardest targets for a Thief, we have a LOT of tools to avoid damage, large AOE attacks, strong CC, etc.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in Thief

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

lol you kidding, right?

“L2p” lol elitists.

t1 1 v 1 players are actually the most horrid ive ever seen. t2 are decent/good some of the best were t3. prolly bc the zerg mentality from higher pvp pops.

Would not shock me at all. I know when we recently faced Dragonbrand I felt like they had more skilled roamers/small parties than SoR or BG.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in Thief

lol you kidding, right?

“L2p” lol elitists.

Would not shock me at all. I know when we recently faced Dragonbrand I felt like they had more skilled roamers/small parties than SoR or BG.

When you suck at one thing you have to make up for it in other things , yes i’d have to agree with that above statement because when we faced DB their zerg versus our zerg was a snorefest but their small group roaming even some solo roamers were quite apt in dueling / small scale encounters.

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I fought my first competent ranger in 1v1 who was from db!

He prob could have killed me 1v1 but I was in a duo at the time.

The OP is either trolling or he’s a complete noob. Thieves are not OP. They are far from it.

Just another noob thief…