Thief is easy mode?? mmm

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: Direwind.8409

Direwind.8409

i’d like to start by saying im not new to the game, i have as follows >80 warrior, guardian, ranger, mesmer.

I’m not gonna say i’m pro, because honestly i pretty much suck with some of those chars and some i get on well with.

So, the thief, people whine and moan, call them a newbs class, point fingers calling them overpowered easy mode.. so to fill my last slot i made one and all i can say to those complaining is.

Bullkitten, im sorry, i can compare pretty much all the classes and the thief is a total kitten to master.

half the weapon setups suck, the other half req good timing and a good ping, i mean lets take the perma stealth? first you need to waste 3 utilitys then you have to use half you init on trying to jump through your own combo field, if you are moving while you do this you miss the jump, its a total pain in the kitten .

the mid range weapons like gun/gun that look cool are a total joke. worst skill set i have ever seen!

then you get whines about backstab thiefs?! most use zerker gear, a thief in zerker dies instantly if farted on, and kitten if they spin on the spot you cant even get a backstab off, its no wonder people spam HS.

dont even know why im writing this, i guess its just the disgusted shock at all the whiners who need to try the class, fail then kitten.

yes thiefs are powerful in skilled hands, they freaking need to be with the crap they gotta put up with, but then all classes are powerful in the hands of the skilled…

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

I don’t know why people say thief is easy mode tbh. I guess heartseeker spam is pretty easy, but isn’t that pretty easy to counter? I mean like just dodge roll twice tada.

All is vain.

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Thief is “easy,” because it is relatively easy to gank with and get kills on.

To be honest, the difference between a good thief and a bad thief is not so much getting kills and ganks. That is a given. Its everything else.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

(edited by Reikou.7068)

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: Quantius.3156

Quantius.3156

Go to the mesmer forum, they hold the belief that they have the most complicated class in gaming history.

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: Pinny.9018

Pinny.9018

People complain about thieves being OP because they don’t know how to dodge. Dodge the heartseeker / cloak and dagger, or dodge out of the dagger storm, and suddenly you’re fighting a character that can’t do jack to you because they’re out of initiative.

Unfortunately it seems most people in PVP/WvW don’t know how to dodge.

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Go to the mesmer forum, they hold the belief that they have the most complicated class in gaming history.

sweet we will meet u there, as u must be the most skilled player in the game with that kind of attitude, u sure don’t mind rolling one then.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: Quantius.3156

Quantius.3156

sweet we will meet u there, as u must be the most skilled player in the game with that kind of attitude, u sure don’t mind rolling one then.

It’s a shame, I’m just not good enough for mesmers, otherwise I would indeed meet you there.

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

It’s a shame, I’m just not good enough for mesmers, otherwise I would indeed meet you there.

Being honest Mesmer is not complex. Either your shattering or kiting but that’s about its . Sure you move around a lot but AI does a good chunk of the work for you. Most complex class in the game (if you want it to be) is engineer. Everything else is either simple from a mechanics stand point(warrior guardian ranger thief), runs heavy rotations (Mesmer Ele SD & HGH pistol to a degree engineer) or has set and forget it DPS (Necro).

Edit:
As far as the OP’s comments I hate to be rude but your missing much of what many thieves and other players know already. It just isn’t that hard. Your lack of knowledge of the class either tells me you do not play it or are new to it. For example

half the weapon setups suck, the other half req good timing and a good ping, i mean lets take the perma stealth? first you need to waste 3 utilitys then you have to use half you init on trying to jump through your own combo field, if you are moving while you do this you miss the jump, its a total pain in the kitten .

All weapon sets to one degree or another require good timing on all classes. That is one of the basics of the game. Your example of something that might happens would not happen to an experienced thief. What you described was walking out of your own smoke filed which is simply unrealistic. What 3 utilities do you speak of? It can be achieved with the weapon set alone.

Full zerker is not always required as cavalier and Hidden Killer Will net you the burst without most of the squishiness. Most thieves already know this.

Using C & D alone not only can you achieve perma stealth but you could literally precast it so it lands as you come out of stealth. Most thieves already know this.

PP is probably our worst weapon set however I have seen it played well and on the very same page as your post is this https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Pistol-Pistol-video-WvW-3v1-more/first#post2528256.

The QQ has gone on for so long because there is still something to QQ about. It is as simple as that. Once the fix it (they wont) then the QQ will die down. If you see 9 months of complaints without end obviously something is wrong.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: drake.2135

drake.2135

In my opinion, no class is really complex to play, or fight against (except mesmers, confuse me all the time). Honestly, in the grand scheme of things, you’re just running around pressing buttons. It’s not like you have to press a thousand keys a second. >.<

Sure timing is everything, but the window of opportunity with a lot of the potential builds in the game is quite large, if you think about it.

Personally, I absolutely love assasi … er thieves, regardless of their numerous flaws. I mean gee, double pistol is what I specialize in and I have a blast with it; and I love seeing the shocked messages of people who somehow don’t see the spike coming. At least I have fun with it, and that’s what really counts with all this (making your build no matter what profession and just having a laugh with it). Isn’t that what games are all about? :/

“The beginning is the beginning. The end is also the beginning.”
~Drake from Blackgate

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

People complain because they are too lazy to learn how to actually play better, or remap their skills/controls to allow them to react better. Part of being a good Thief is being able to execute everything you want to immediately when you want to, while moving. Always moving. It will make any class better to do this but it’s a massive requirement for Thief. So you’re going to have to catch up to the skilled Thief players.

I take out a lot of people who are simply too slow or look like they’re clicking their skills or something stupid. Turn off double tap dodge and bind it somewhere you can always hit with thumb/pinky, max your camera speed and hotkey everything close. All our weapons sets suck massively probably because Anet is too scared to fix/buff us because more QQing would happen if we were more viable.

Mesmer is the biggest easymode since I can literally do nothing but load a random tournament build and then mash buttons w/o ever reading my skill/trait descriptions to win. In GW1 it’d be more true though but mainly because interrupting enemies wasn’t an easy feat.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

The QQ has gone on for so long because there is still something to QQ about. It is as simple as that. Once the fix it (they wont) then the QQ will die down. If you see 9 months of complaints without end obviously something is wrong.

Riiiight.

Every class in every MMO has players whining that they’re OP for the entire life of the game. It’s just how people are in MMO’s, other classes are always the “greener grass”.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: purgatoryz.6038

purgatoryz.6038

Thieves are one of the easiest classes to play poorly, and one of the hardest to play well.

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

people complain about thieves being OP because they don’t know how to dodge. Dodge the heartseeker / cloak and dagger, or dodge out of the dagger storm, and suddenly you’re fighting a character that can’t do jack to you because they’re out of initiative.

While that sounds really easy, I was HS-d on my ranger when I used 2 dodges and a shorbow evade in succession. The guy was running a glass build, and I was below half health, so that was it for me. Sounds fair right? Just mash that 2 to win.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

people complain about thieves being OP because they don’t know how to dodge. Dodge the heartseeker / cloak and dagger, or dodge out of the dagger storm, and suddenly you’re fighting a character that can’t do jack to you because they’re out of initiative.

While that sounds really easy, I was HS-d on my ranger when I used 2 dodges and a shorbow evade in succession. The guy was running a glass build, and I was below half health, so that was it for me. Sounds fair right? Just mash that 2 to win.

if u lost to a 2 masher…then just quit…..ull never be good at this game. i mean unless ur an EXTREMELY new player…….. no reason for 2 mashers to win…EVER.

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Thief is the only profession which gives higher reward at lower skill levels. Why? Because you can just spam a single skill and get a fair amount of kills.

Does it mean that Thief is a noob profession? Yes. It is one of the most noob-rewarding profession in this game. What does it mean? That noob vs noob, the noob on thief wins.

Does it mean that you can’t be a good Thief? Absolutely not. There is skill progression as much as other profession. On higher skill levels, getting better as a thief is mandatory.

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: Binary Rain.4869

Binary Rain.4869

Assuming a 25/30/0/0/15 thief…. Channeling CnD before hand, stealing his initiative will be at 12….3 HS’s dodged means he has 3 initiative left, maybe 4. On his 4th attack, why not interrupt it with your Concussion Shot? All his initiative will be wasted then… If he somehow has more coming, switch weapons? Assuming your not running Axe/Axe, Axe/Warhorn, or Axe/Torch you have some form of dodge or CC to interrupt him. If you are running one of those three, maybe put a Sigil of Energy for another dodge?

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I think thief is a lot harder to play than some of the other classes.

Honestly, I think engi is one of the hardest to play for me.

I really like the thief class because to play well it requires fast reactions and actions. It’s a very fast paced class compared to a bunker anything. It’s not always the same rotation of skills over and over like an ele.

Just another noob thief…

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: Robyn Yew.6072

Robyn Yew.6072

Was going to help you out big time by telling you how to win but ill let you figure it out.

One clue. You use a different build to fight a thief 1v1, and no its not a bunker or regen build or evade.

}|{Rhbyn Yew}|{ Sylvari Ranger 80
born to Isle Of Janthir

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: Silver.4798

Silver.4798

What Binary Rain said, HS spammers look scary to first timers but very easy to contain once you know how it works.

Btw for people running dagger/pistol or general back stab builds, I think a lot of players aren’t aware that it is an EXTREMELY gear dependent build. Without at least full exotic zerker or cavalier with hidden killer the spike on back stab won’t do jack.

As per ease of use, every class in this game is pretty unique so throwing out blanket statements like “lol class x = easy mode!” is dumb. I will say though that in PvE leveling my guard/warrior/necro to 80 defn so much easier than leveling my thief, mostly due to the lack of reliable AoE on thief besides cluster bomb (in comparison to the above 3 classes).

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i wouldn’t say mesmers are too complex. certain builds though require more than others. i don’t play reg shatter nor phantasm build. i like cc, cond, interruption and reflection, that one can be effective, but is not that easy to handle.

i tried a thief out and gotta say it is fun to play, because u are quick and everyone panics when u stealth while u stand there and could watch the running in circles, but i prefer my mesmer as i am not a bully/troll like person and don’t have the urge to feel godlike in small fights where i keep the upper hand due to stealth, mobility and high dmg.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

nagymbear.5280

if u lost to a 2 masher…then just quit…..ull never be good at this game. i mean unless ur an EXTREMELY new player…….. no reason for 2 mashers to win…EVER.

I agree with you that there is no reason for a 2 masher to win. Just like there is no reason for hearseeker to be spammable at least 4 times. I’ll let your snarky comments slip, as your one of many thieves that is just as annoying on the forums as in game. Pinny gave bad suggestions that will result in more qq. How about addressing that.

(edited by nagymbear.5280)

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

nagymbear.5280

Assuming a 25/30/0/0/15 thief…. Channeling CnD before hand, stealing his initiative will be at 12….3 HS’s dodged means he has 3 initiative left, maybe 4. On his 4th attack, why not interrupt it with your Concussion Shot? All his initiative will be wasted then… If he somehow has more coming, switch weapons? Assuming your not running Axe/Axe, Axe/Warhorn, or Axe/Torch you have some form of dodge or CC to interrupt him. If you are running one of those three, maybe put a Sigil of Energy for another dodge?

Of couese you are right. What I wanted to show with my post is that I have to use practically all my panic buttons against someone who is just mashing 2. I won’t buy a sigil of energy because of bad design. And heartseeker being spammable is bad design imho.

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

The two main differences between thieves and every other class is we have a resource we have to manage AND we only have damage avoidance. Now people seem to think stealth is a form of damage mitigation in a sense but all it does is break targeting and visuals.

The difference between damage mitigation and avoidance is mitigation reduces the severity of damage dealt whether it hits or not while avoidance increases the likelihood that actions will cause attacks to miss but do nothing to reduce the amount damage taken when damage is dealt.

Since alot of attacks land regardless, damage avoidance can only do so much.

This is why thieves are “squishy”… no mitigation.

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

People complain about thieves being OP because they don’t know how to dodge. Dodge the heartseeker / cloak and dagger, or dodge out of the dagger storm, and suddenly you’re fighting a character that can’t do jack to you because they’re out of initiative.

It’s not just dodges either. Cripple/chill/invlun/block/blind/immobilize/stun/daze/fear & knockback can all be used to shutdown a thief when used properly.

@OP Thief is easy to pick up and use and beat baddies with. The down side is that they have a lower skill cap. Thief is like the noob tube in CoD. Easy to use but at higher skill levels there are better things around.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

Thieves are very good vs bad players, really bad players. And only bad players whine on the forum.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

I agree with you that there is no reason for a 2 masher to win. Just like there is no reason for hearseeker to be spammable at least 4 times. I’ll let your snarky comments slip, as your one of many thieves that is just as annoying on the forums as in game. Pinny gave bad suggestions that will result in more qq. How about addressing that.

Sorry, but you are bad. Last time i died to a “2” masher was like 10 months ago. And i see HS spammers very, very rarely, because even bad thieves understood how bad this strategy is. I met one HSer in spvp last week, dodged 2 times, used shadow step and laughed at him while stomping.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

OP for some reason your post made me laugh really hard, not in the sarcastic manner but I just find your style of writing to be oddly funny. Maybe it was the aptly done snark. Thumbs up.

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

I wouldn’t call thieves easy mode but I do think they have the lowest skill floor (as opposed to skill ceiling, skill required to do ok) of all classes. A skilled player will probably know quite well how to counter a thief (even if getting a kill on one can be difficult on e.g. A d/p who trues to escape – whichis something I believe is the cause for a lot of QQ) but people new to wvw/pvp might have a hard time handling them. A common problem for all classes is that unless someone plays it as well, they will mostly see the strengths and not the weaknesses – they know thieves have good burst and can stealth to get away but are less aware of thieves lack of good ranged weapons and damage mitigation.

Mesmers are a bit similar in that they will stomp someone who doesn’t know how to counter it but if you a aware of the tells (rising the GS to summon a iZerk, Mind Wreck clones running towards you or triggered after a MH sword clone jump) then they are much easier to beat. Being killed by a phantasm spamming, non-point blank shatter mesmer is like dying to a HS spamming thief, just a matter of not knowing how to react.

(Based on having a character of each class at 80 and roaming in wvw with all of them)

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

nagymbear.5280

Sorry, but you are bad. Last time i died to a “2” masher was like 10 months ago. And i see HS spammers very, very rarely, because even bad thieves understood how bad this strategy is. I met one HSer in spvp last week, dodged 2 times, used shadow step and laughed at him while stomping.

Of course I’m a bad player, of course… of course…

But maybe I used everyhing that was off cooldown and just died to a heartseeker noob because heartseeker is unbalanced?!

I am glad you honored us with your presence that gave me the opportunity to bathe in your infinite wisdom. I learned so much from you today. Btw, rangers don’t have teleports.

Thief is easy mode?? mmm

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

hs spam noobs
backstab hits like a truck
stealth spam
aoe spam
daggerstorm OP
dancing dagger hits too many targets !