Thief is most useless class?

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Get warrior definitely.
I have all professions full geared out at lvl 80 and I hate my thief. IMHO most useless class at every aspect of the game except running around, and if you are running away from people in PvP then you are sort of doing the exact opposite of fighting and will spend most of your time walking around the map or away from people when you take 3+ hits. Lets be honest, no one likes walking the entire WvW map yet thieves do it every fight they encounter because you don’t actually notice how much time is spent running on a thief.

I think we need some massive buffs tbh. People who have all 8 classes know the thief is useless.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: maladikt.2180

maladikt.2180

Thief isn’t useless. Also, last time I checked all classes had to walk since none can (yet) fly.

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Thief isn’t useless. Also, last time I checked all classes had to walk since none can (yet) fly.

Definitely not useless. It’s just that thief in general is good at two areas of the game. Roaming in WvW or hot join against those who are just learning their class.

The thief is average or below average in the other areas of the game. The low point is probably in dungeons where the thief is the worst class overall.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

This can’t be true.

If someone in the other thread is to be believe, that person said that Thieves are the “king of “restarting fights”” and that “the necro has little to no chance, it may take more or less time but in the end the thief will kill the necromancer.”

So by this person’s own questionable assessment, Necro should be the most useless since Thief can beat Necro (in PvP of course, possibly 1v1 in WvW).

This person even enumerated everything that makes Necro a definite useless class;

“a) Necromancer has no access to vigor,
b) Necromancer has no sustainability mechanism,
c) Necromancers has no blocks, invulnerability, invisibility,
d) Necromancers has no reliable access to stability,
e) Necromancers has te worst mobility in game,
f) Necromancers has close to zero access to boons,
That’s the reason that any competent group will target a necro first, in GvG and Spvp fights,”

So there you go, Necro is the most useless, not the Thief.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Thief in wvw Zerg is the most useless class.
In roaming its one of the strongest.
In spvp it’s not the most useless but it’s not the strongest either.

Could thief use some buffs? I think so…

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

The low point is probably in dungeons where the thief is the worst class overall.

People need to learn how to SB, and how to handle meele, if done right you deal the
most dmg of the group, and almost never die/die as the last one/revives his allies,
and I am not talking about stealth abuse. Seriously now it isn’t that hard as everyone
here acts all the time.

Thief in wvw Zerg is the most useless class.

Zergs are a useless unfun system btw, and how are they useless?

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

i think he said MOST useless class…not useless class. big difference and yes hes right about that much. 1 v 1 prowess doesnt not make a class usefull. neither does pre battle buffing or camp flipping which any class can do. thieves are fun. thats what thieves do. fight solo and have fun. useful? not really. any other classes less useful ? nope.

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Useless? Depends on the player… For a thief to succeed and be really good in PvE, he would need to learn the dungeon and the boss tactics, and he must learn how to evade, blind, interrupt and generally just stay alive. The reason thief are considered useless in dungeons is because there are so many thieves that gets one shotted, and a dead thief isn’t exactly participating…

Learn the profession, bring every single weapon set with you and choose a strong, yet versatile build. Then it’s not that useless after all.

WvW. We are roaming gods, and ok in zergs. If Anet could fix the crazy lag that zergs create we could be awesome in them! Then we would have no problem moving behind enemy lines and killing the ranged damage dealers or the commander. But for now we are mobile combo finishers and ok damage dealers in zergs.

Melder – Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Shortbow is too legit to quit. Tons of poison, tons of blasts, so much damage. Just sayin l2p?

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

This can’t be true.

If someone in the other thread is to be believe, that person said that Thieves are the “king of “restarting fights”” and that “the necro has little to no chance, it may take more or less time but in the end the thief will kill the necromancer.”

So by this person’s own questionable assessment, Necro should be the most useless since Thief can beat Necro (in PvP of course, possibly 1v1 in WvW).

This person even enumerated everything that makes Necro a definite useless class;

“a) Necromancer has no access to vigor,
b) Necromancer has no sustainability mechanism,
c) Necromancers has no blocks, invulnerability, invisibility,
d) Necromancers has no reliable access to stability,
e) Necromancers has te worst mobility in game,
f) Necromancers has close to zero access to boons,
That’s the reason that any competent group will target a necro first, in GvG and Spvp fights,”

So there you go, Necro is the most useless, not the Thief.

Necros are bunker, and have tons of cc, conditions/antiboonskills and their minions so, where are they more useless than a thief?

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Shortbow is too legit to quit. Tons of poison, tons of blasts, so much damage. Just sayin l2p?

Poisons are so weak, that they are a wasted skillslot.

“Tons of blast” only with a combofield, and smoke is the only field that thiefs can activade. Also it doesn’t compensate the most skills of other classes.

Much dmg? yes, but only one time every 5-6 sec on one target with BS.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Thief

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

No wonder that they had to nerf the most USELESS class in the game to make the Tournament runnable.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Sunshine.3415

Sunshine.3415

I like playing my Thief regardless of whether playing another class is more efficient. I don’t enjoy games because I am efficient. Thieves are super fun to play as and they look badass!

in Thief

Posted by: totalpwnage.6534

totalpwnage.6534

@Excalibur: I don’t like you taking my posts and starting a thread with them to get thieves buffs..

If you read I said they are useless IMHO (that means in my honest opinion if you didn’t know..).
They aren’t actually useless but to me they are since I prefer running tank/bunker/heal builds and thief doesn’t provide me with any of that.

While they are useless to me they are useful to anyone who:
1. Likes super high mobility and scouting for WvW
2. Wants to provide quick and fast yet very high burst damage.
3. Likes to troll people (useless to anyone except entertainment)
4. Can offer permanent stealth/nearly 100% able to leave a fight if needed to survive.
+ tons of extras that pro thieves could think of.

They do not need a buff and no matter what buff they get I will still not like thief since it can’t offer me the playstyle I like.

p.s Exaclibur stop raging on other forums about their OPness and then ask for buffs on the one class who is actually in need of a big nerf to their major class mechanic; stealth.
/thread

Happylittlevegemite of Darkhaven
Quick Load [LOAD]

in Thief

Posted by: Moderator.9205

Moderator.9205

Hi everyone,

Since this discussion doens’t bring any constructive debate, we’ll now close it.

Thank you for your understanding.