Thief is overpowered

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Lyrsen.6702

Lyrsen.6702

Yes there has see patch notes:
March 16th, 2015

Thief

• Infiltrator’s Arrow: This skill will no longer activate if a valid path to the target point cannot be found.
  • Infiltrator’s Signet: This skill will no longer activate if a valid path to the target cannot be found, except when acting as a stun break.
  • Infiltrator’s Strike: This skill will no longer activate if a valid path to the target cannot be found.
  • Shadowstep: This skill will no longer activate if a valid path to the target point cannot be found, except when acting as a stun break.
  • Shadow Escape: This skill will no longer activate if a valid path to the target point cannot be found.
  • Steal: This skill will no longer activate if a valid path to the target cannot be found.
  • Dagger Storm: This skill now grants 3 stacks of stability every 3 seconds, with a 3-second duration.

They also did the exact same type of thread for every profession.

(edited by Lyrsen.6702)

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Way to link a video from Sept. 20th, 2013…

Any serious change from Sept.20, 2013?

Here is another one

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/The-thief-and-its-gameplay-Your-feedback-Merged/page/76#post4000084

Arena net: CC Charles,

" Hello everyone, Due to the amount of threads about thief and its gameplay impact, we have decided to open this thread in which you can discuss your concerns about Thieves in PvE, sPvP and WvW ".

That is a topic dump so anet doesn’t have to read the same thing over and over. Kinda like mounts.

The reason i post was to show evidence of no serious change to thief profession from 3 years ago to now. Also to show evidence of players including thief players sharing concern with thief being OP since that time to now.

" Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it "
George Santayana

" Trying to tear down the past prohibits you from building up your future "

" You can’t undo the past… but you can certainly not repeat it "
Bruce Willis

" We have a hope of succeeding if we learn from our past mistakes and pull together to make the hard choices "
Carl Levin

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

• * farts *
    Chris Pratt

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Lyrsen.6702

DarkSyze.8672

The reason i post was to show evidence of no serious change to thief profession from 3 years ago to now. Also to show evidence of players including thief players sharing concern with thief being OP since that time to now.

George Santayana

Bruce Willis

The game hasn’t even been out for three years, so there have been a lot of changes to everything. Do I really have to list them and link the patch notes or can you go through them yourself?

(off topic, sorry) As for your quotes I disagree with:

“Trying to tear down the past prohibits you from building up your future”

If you have a solid past you are going to continue in a vicious circle of doing the same thing you’ve always done since that’s what has worked for you. It works for you because that is what you know how to do. This is also the definition of crazy, expecting different results but doing the same things. If you tear down your past, no not forget it, tear it down so you can release the chains binding you, other possibilities can occur.

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8672

George Santayana

Bruce Willis

The game hasn’t even been out for three years, so there have been a lot of changes to everything. Do I really have to list them and link the patch notes or can you go through them yourself?

(off topic, sorry) As for your quotes I disagree with:

“Trying to tear down the past prohibits you from building up your future”

If you have a solid past you are going to continue in a vicious circle of doing the same thing you’ve always done since that’s what has worked for you. It works for you because that is what you know how to do. This is also the definition of crazy, expecting different results but doing the same things. If you tear down your past, no not forget it, tear it down so you can release the chains binding you, other possibilities can occur.

I said serious change: not change. Let me ask you a question: you are intelligent person. If you say you made serious change to something broken: would that still be same problematic in 2years++ later? Obviously, No!

Second Question: Why is thief profession have same problems 2years+ if there was serious change?

Last question: What did Arena net do with 2 years++ past: threads, posts, advices and suggestions concerning for thief profession?

Answer?

The Present

Evidence?

The Present: Update Threads,

“We need more counterplay to Thief Stealth”

ttps://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/pvp/We-need-more-counterplay-to-Thief-Stealth/page/13#post5144315

“The class that ruins competitive PvP…”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/The-class-that-ruins-competitive-PvP/page/2#post5143938

“Thieves need a fix”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Thieves-need-a-fix/page/2#post5142900

“Thief is overpowered”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Thief-is-overpowered/page/4#post5144828

Ankur

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

@DarkSyze

Make a thief, actually play it for about a month in all possible scenarios (pve, spvp, wvw).
Then come back to this forum and be taken just a bit more seriously.
Till then, you’re on par with the trolls/QQ’ers.

Or

Continue to QQ/“provide evidence” and be taken like an idiot.

Choice is yours.

To everyone feeding DarkSyze…

:| You guys are wasting your time.

Amusing to watch/read from afar, but waste of time.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

DarkSyze.8627

@DarkSyze

Make a thief, actually play it for about a month in all possible scenarios (pve, spvp, wvw).

Or

Choice is yours.

2 years++ players including thief players and Arena net are trolls, idiots: bad name ?

Yes! Even Arena net say that thief is concern, so Arena net still trolls, bad name like these players include me?

- " The problem is not about “QQ” it is about Arnena net not make serious change with Thief Profession and Igrnoring Players Feedback to make thief profession challenging, fun, hard-work, make effort and risk-reward "-

Try to understand that!

It is not hard Zero Day

Even the Thief Nerf List show evidence of Thief being problematic:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Nerf-Wish-list/page/11#post5143477

Ankur

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

Here is another one

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/The-thief-and-its-gameplay-Your-feedback-Merged/page/76#post4000084

" Hello everyone, Due to the amount of threads about thief and its gameplay impact, we have decided to open this thread in which you can discuss your concerns about Thieves in PvE, sPvP and WvW ".

“This will allow us to collect your feedback with more efficiency and forward them to the appropriate teams” .

“You can articulate both, positive and negative feedback for it, but we ask you to stay constructive and polite when you want to express your opinion, all posts that break the forum code of conduct will be removed”.

Thread from 2 years ago: question?

Answer: No Serious Change.

Hahahahaha…sry…
Any serious change? Are you aware of the patch early 2014? I think not. Are you even playing that game since 2013?
You were posting links to topics about the CULLING-problem, which got fixed long ago and use it for “stealth OP pls nerf”. And you ask us why we can´t take you seriously. lmao
Btw pls stop comparing gw2 with another mmorpgs. They were always saying they want to be different. Not successful every time, but still. Learning from another games is important. But they are what they are, different games.

Funny how 2 guys thought I was talking about them ^^
I was talking about Peow peow. This guy is makes everything so ridiculous and is such an obvious troll.

@Zero Day
Thats what it was meant for ^^
Amused, bored or burned out, whatever. Most of the nerf-posts are because of the same reasons like 3 years ago. Bad players wanting easy win without working for it.
Yes, some things are still broken. Every class has that. But I think not even one player playing another class then thief was ever feeling what we feel when being TO CLOSE FOR STEAL.

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

George Santayana

Bruce Willis

" We have a hope of succeeding if we learn from our past mistakes and pull together to make the hard choices "
Carl Levin

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

Just because someone feels something needs to be nerfed doesn’t mean it needs to be nerfed. Anet is not going to listen to these requests anymore because thieves can just reroll to another profession like before. And that’ll look bad on their numbers.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

@DarkSyze

Or

Choice is yours.

2 years++ players including thief players and Arena net are trolls, idiots: bad name ?

Yes! Even Arena net say that thief is concern, so Arena net still trolls, bad name like these players include me?

" The problem is not about “QQ” it is about Arnena net not make serious change with Thief Profession and Igrnoring Players Feedback to make thief profession challenging, fun, hard-work, make effort and risk-reward "

Try to understand that!

It is not hard Zero Day

Even the Thief Nerf List show evidence of Thief being problematic:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Nerf-Wish-list/page/11#post5143477

You’ve admitted that you don’t have a thief.
You can’t say ANYTHING. And “supporting” other’s that have +2 years playing thiefs… You have no place in doing so without trying your hand at it first (playing a thief).

YOU will not be taken seriously before you try it yourself.
They (+2 years exp), might or might not have been taken seriously (well more seriously than you’re being taken right now) – BUT YOU won’t be until you try.

Yes, I’m directly attacking you.

Not sure how else to explain it to you buddy.

Every wonder why the devs play all the profs?

Join the TEEFs!

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

DarkSyze.8627

“You were posting links to topics about the CULLING-problem, which got fixed long ago and use it for “stealth OP pls nerf”. And you ask us why we can´t take you seriously. lmao"

“World vs. World: The End of Culling”

“So What Is Culling, Exactly?

Normally as you move through the world, any character (either an NPC or another player) within a fairly large circle around you gets reported to your client. This lets the client draw the character, allows you to select the character as an attack target, etc.

In order to cut down on the network resources that were used by the game and to reduce the client-side system requirements, we implemented a culling system, which imposed a limit on the number of characters that could ever be reported to your client. This meant that only the characters closest to you would actually get reported.

“By removing culling, we’ve been able to […] greatly increase the epic feel of large WvW battles.”

While this achieved our goal of limiting bandwidth and client-side resource utilization, it had the unfortunate side effect of causing large battles in WvW to be confusing, as there were sometimes many enemy players that were completely invisible. Additionally, there were side effects of culling which could result in stealth characters getting up to two seconds of additional invisibility when coming out of stealth. By removing culling, we’ve been able to eliminate these negative side effects and greatly increase the epic feel of large WvW battles.

For the sake of clarity, I want to make a distinction between our usage of the term “culling” in this post (meaning to limit the amount of data the server reports to the client) and other uses of the word “culling” related to graphics (discarding backward facing triangles in models, triangles or whole models that are occluded, etc.). Our changes are to the client/server culling and have no bearing on basic graphics operations in the GW2 client".

“A World vs. World without Culling

Now that every client will know about every character within range, we’ve provided a new set of WvW options to control how all those characters will be rendered. Setting these options should allow players with various hardware configurations to enjoy WvW at a reasonable frame rate.

Under the new system, characters can be rendered in three different ways:

High resolution models – These are the high-res character models that you’re all already familiar with.
Lower resolution fallback models – These are the models that we’ve been using as placeholders in WvW while the hi-res models load. They differ depending on race and armor class, though human, sylvari, and norn share the same model.
Nameplates only – We don’t render the model at all and instead only show the nameplate for that character.

We’ve also added two new options to allow players to select how WvW characters are displayed:

WvW Character Limit – This controls how many of the reported characters render with a model and how many are rendered only with nameplates.
WvW Character Quality – This controls how many of the characters rendered with a model use the high resolution models and how many use the lower resolution fallback models".

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-vs-worldthe-end-of-culling/

Same Thing ?"

“The thief and its gameplay – Your feedback [Merged]”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/The-thief-and-its-gameplay-Your-feedback-Merged/first

?

-“And you ask us why we can´t take you seriously”?-

Ankur

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

*Yawn *

Did you roll a thief yet?

Join the TEEFs!

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Lyrsen.6702

I said serious change: not change. Let me ask you a question: you are intelligent person. If you say you made serious change to something broken: would that still be same problematic in 2years++ later? Obviously, No!

Second Question: Why is thief profession have same problems 2years+ if there was serious change?

Last question: What did Arena net do with 2 years++ past: threads, posts, advices and suggestions concerning for thief profession?

Problematic for newer players that haven’t had the experience of learning how to counter something, sure. The way you learn to counter something is to play it, find how you die, it’s weaknesses, what you can do to exploit those. This is why I play every profession it means you learn to be better rather than going on the forums to whine, yes I see you whining in my perspective, rather than finding the weaknesses, stop trying to take the easy way out.

I recommend you play a thief, level it to 80 while actually playing the game not just tome level to 80. You’ll find that they’re not as over powered as you think and after doing that you may find that they’re so much easier to counter after doing so.

If you want help with something while leveling said thief please let me know, I’ll help, answer any questions related to any class vs thief, or if you run a specific class I can help you counter a thief.

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

" I need more coffee and popcorn "
Jana

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

Just because someone feels something needs to be nerfed doesn’t mean it needs to be nerfed. Anet is not going to listen to these requests anymore because thieves can just reroll to another profession like before. And that’ll look bad on their numbers.

If by numbers you mean gem and/or HoT box/key sales numbers, then yes.

I would kind of guess (or at least hope) that they have a way to figure out how many active (however you manage to define what “active” is) thieves are out there, what percentage of the total active population… And until that precentage reaches a certain threshold (oh I don’t know … below 5%?), I doubt that they will give a flying kitten about why there aren’t many of that class being played.

Who knows the percentage it is right now…

Considering it’s 8 profs right now, in an ideal/perfect environment where every prof is played equally, each prof would have 12.5% of the (active – however you manage to define that) population, once revenant comes out it will be 11.11% … Last infographic (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-the-first-year/) showed the lowest percentage to be 10% (not certain if active, or just created)… so yeah… if they’re going off those same numbers, GW2 world is/was in a pretty cheery place.

Join the TEEFs!

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Here is another one

That is a topic dump so anet doesn’t have to read the same thing over and over. Kinda like mounts.

George Santayana

Bruce Willis

Carl Levin

I think this quote is more relevant than all the ones you throw around

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

I’ll 1v1 you Tarzan. No thief spec. Just d/p with utilities 0/0/0/0/0 and I’ll show u how cheap this class is

00000 d/p an utilities?
okay saved that, send me a message and then see how op it is

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Forum war at its finest.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Forum war at its finest.

This is nothing compared to what the “Profession Balance” forum had.

Join the TEEFs!

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Forum war at its finest.

It’s now in PvP forum at least it’s starting to look like it.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

An attack on a section with a clear topic results in degrading results for both sides. Profession Balance was one hell of a mess but it was messier as well.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Ritt.3069

Ritt.3069

So, all in all Darksyze;
-Does not play a Thief class, or have an actual considerable knowledge of playing the class
-Does not seem to have any high-end pvp experience
-Is implying that other classes have a higher skill/reward ratio?
-Is implying people don’t play 5 thief parties, because they don’t want to “faceroll” everytime
-Does not have argumentation of his own; is mostly siting other weak players crying for nerfs, sometimes years old
-Out of context, round references that can apply to any sort of argumentation

At this point, your whining has absolutely zero argumentation value at all. Come back when you can actually form a solid argumentation of your own and fully understand what you’re saying.

William Van Dine/Aria Entreri/Weaver of the Dream
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA], Desolation
4 Champion titles, solo/duoq Legend, best old LB rank 64.

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: Eodwen.2613

Eodwen.2613

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the the universe.”

Albert Einstein – Frederick S. Perls

See? I can argue as well

Thief is overpowered

in Thief

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

We are unsung heroes for noobs you know. Thieves are walking noob traps, they can kill noob easily especially if they don’t know how this class works. As for being unsung heroes, we help you alot by killing you until you learn how to counter us or counter the other classes as well.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]