Thief is so OP

Thief is so OP

in Thief

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Hi guys, Henry back again. How we all doing?

It is utter madness how totally broken thief is.

Most games are decided by who has the better thief?

And you know the class is broken when its impossible to die on thief unless the other team has a thief! The only time a thief has to be careful is when the other team has a thief. Otherwise its like shooting fish in a barrel for these wannabes.

Maybe they should actually balance this game? I quit for 2 years. I come back and guess what. Thief is still utterly broken! Just like it was when I quit 2 years ago!!

Shadowstep, PI and that stupid new heal = some of the most broken things for thief.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Thief is so OP

in Thief

Posted by: Emdrix.6124

Emdrix.6124

Come on NA, thief is less OP here because there is 4+ DHs per game. Most games are decided by which team has the most DHs.

Thief is so OP

in Thief

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

IMO my Necro and Ranger take down thieves regularily. There are some those times it is impossible but I find it not that bad. Most MMOs with thief is burst but squishy.

For instance on my Ranger, target thief, send in pet, hit Signet of the Wild or Strength of The Pack or even both if you like and burn ’em before they can poof.

Every class has a nemesis. For my Necro I stay as far away from Mesmers as possible. Ranger I have to outlive the stomp stomp smash of a Warrior and maybe I can survive long enough to bounce a few arrows off him.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

Thief is so OP

in Thief

Posted by: Ninski.5680

Ninski.5680

Come on NA, thief is less OP here because there is 4+ DHs per game. Most games are decided by which team has the most DHs.

I went to Na to trial it 3 years ago. There was no even semi competent players. Even NAs high rated players were awful. I doubt it has changed.

NA too easy but thinks thiefs are op LOL.

Thief is so OP

in Thief

Posted by: ich.7086

ich.7086

Welcome to “hell” henry :)

And you know the class is broken when its impossible to die on thief unless the other team has a thief! The only time a thief has to be careful is when the other team has a thief.

A decent rev can put some heavy pressure on thief, with legend/weapon swap + reveal it can rekt a thief pretty fast and he even got good mobility to do some chasing. Try to +1 when you got a rev chasing you, it’s worse for you than if it was a thief because rev can handle the 2v2 for far longer than a thief and still do high damage to both thief and its teammate.

But people don’t play rev because it’s “garbage” while it’s still fine.

I Am An Intruder – War 80
Ich Bin Marc – Thief 80
All Your Dolyaks Are Belong To [Us] (Fort Ranik)

Thief is so OP

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Thief: weakest in zerg play, weak in skirmish play and sub-par in duels.

What are they good at? Killing disadvantaged players and scouting. If you die to a thief, they were likely more skilled, defending player was hurt or the defending player was running a group build and got caught out in the open.

Only class that seems to be OP right now is Guardian/DH as it is considered one of the strongest classes in almost every mode of the game. It also has a ridiculously low skill floor for its effectiveness.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Thief is so OP

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

See, in the 2 years that you quit, you could have ….
wait for it…
wait for it…
LEARNED TO PLAY.

But instead you choose to quit since you don’t have the nerve to deal with the issue yourself (ei. git’ing gud).

And after 2 years, you come back to make a kitten post expecting what?

Here, let me hold your hand, and tell you that the devs are looking into it. Or tell you stories about how Thief isn’t OP but class X is…

Honestly, not sure what you want out of your own post.

:/ I was so let down that he’s not asking for a nerf, just crying.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

Thief is so OP

in Thief

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

Op, you’re a funny man.

Thief is so OP

in Thief

Posted by: Siphon.8405

Siphon.8405

See, in the 2 years that you quit, you could have ….
wait for it…
wait for it…
LEARNED TO PLAY.

But instead you choose to quit since you don’t have the nerve to deal with the issue yourself (ei. git’ing gud).

And after 2 years, you come back to make a kitten post expecting what?

Here, let me hold your hand, and tell you that the devs are looking into it. Or tell you stories about how Thief isn’t OP but class X is…

Honestly, not sure what you want out of your own post.

:/ I was so let down that he’s not asking for a nerf, just crying.

claps well said. +1 sir

Thief is so OP

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

People still think thief OP? Where?

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Thief is so OP

in Thief

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

thief is easily countered by druid. Look at yday rom stream he carried most games god mode. there are plenty counter thief plays by rom

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

Thief is so OP

in Thief

Posted by: Kilreve.3210

Kilreve.3210

@op Thief player here and I go down whenever someone with half a brain decides to breathe on me assuming I’ve used up my evades ect…
I’m not a bad player by any means. I tend to get top stats more often than not unless my team is complete crap or if there’s afk players.