Thief leaked patch notes

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Thief:

Shadow Refuge: This skill now functions with the Meld in Shadows trait.

Shadow Pursuit:This skill now functions with the Meld in Shadows trait.

Blinding Powder: Stealth duration has been decreased from 5 to 4 seconds when traited with Meld in Shadows. Skill remains at 3 seconds base.This skill is now a blast finisher.

Merciful Ambush: This skill now functions with the Meld in Shadows trait for the recipient of stealth.

Fixed a bug where some skills would remove the visual effect of stealth from the player

Destroy Shadow Trap: This skill now has a 1.5s cast time. It plays an effect at the thief and the trap location when it is being cast. Added 5 seconds of regeneration.

Meld with Shadows now only increases Blinding Power stealth by 1 second so it is consistent with the traits functionality.

Venomous Aura: Increased the venom share radius to 360.

Features:
Added new condition damage floaters: An option to use the more iconic damage floaters.
New Fact System: Added trait facts. Showing linked skills in traits. Traits and skills update facts when affects by other traits.
General:
Aoe spells with that have a maximum number of targets will now count combatants that block or evade the attack towards that maximum
Fixed a bug where some 0 damage spells (Tainted shackles among others) did not place their casters in combat.
Fixed a bug that disabled utility skill swapping while transformed
Stun breakers now break blowouts and launch as well
Tab targeting now prioritizes players over npcs (including minions)(mesmer clones are an exception)
Made adjustments to click targeting to make it more precise
Fixed a bug that caused extra “Miss” floaters to display whenever an attack was dodged, evaded, or missed due to blind
Fixed a bug that made F1-F4 skills display the wrong amount of damage (too little if your weapon was better than common rarity)
Weapon skills that hide your weapon no longer hide your back item
Engineer turrets will now target whatever enemy was last hit by their owner whenever possible
Runes of lyssa now work properly on all elites
Fixed a bug where stuns would always round up their duration to the nearest second if you had extra stun duration from items or trait
All duration stacking boons(Aegis, Fury, protection, Regeneration, Retaliation, Swiftness, and Vigor) and conditions(Blind, Burning, Chilled, Cripple, immobilze(now stacks duration), and Poison) now stack to a maximum of 5 times.
All player controlled minions. excluding Mesmer phantasm and clones because they were already increased in a previous patch, now have 71.43% more hit points in a PvE map.
Dark Projectile Combo: The damage portion of the life siphon bolt now slightly scales off power.
Dark Whirl Combo: The damage portion of the life siphon bolt now slightly scales off power.
Made it a bit easier to retarget channeled skills (now if you try to recast them on a separate target, it will cancel your current instance of the skill and start casting it again on the other target)
Made it harder to accidentally waste your downed 2 skill when you get downed while trying to use your weapon 2 skill
Skills that buff allies in an aoe now prioritize party members

Looks like shadow trap and blinding powder will be nerfed. Good buff for venom share thieves.

No big changes this time around.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

faaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Next Thief updates:

Attachments:

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: Marduh.4603

Marduh.4603

Immobilize to death.

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: sierras.6297

sierras.6297

Yeah, I really wished we got something like a sword speed increase or something that would make our pve a little more easy and viable.

Oscuro Sombra~lv. 80 Thief|Oscuro Uno~lv. 80 Necro|
Oscuro Tanque~lv. 80 Guardian|
[RaW] Kaineng

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

This was already posted and locked, fyi.

Also, the nerf to Blinding Powder is actually a buff, giving it a blast finisher is great.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: animalmom.1062

animalmom.1062

Sigil of paralyzation means much less than 2 seconds daze now on 30 trickery sleight of hand……

.15 second = no one ever using this i would think.

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Funny thing is, today I was using blinding powder, and was wondering why it wasnt a blast finisher since it comes out rather forcefully

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Also, the nerf to Blinding Powder is actually a buff, giving it a blast finisher is great.

And where are we gonna use it, anyway?

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: TheAmpca.1753

TheAmpca.1753

And where are we gonna use it, anyway?

With stacking blindness throw down a blinding powder in the middle of a shadow refuge to stack 2 stacks of blindness. If you are traited for causing blindness when going into stealth that’s 3 stacks of blind right there. Not to mention how great it would be in water fields if you are nearby someone who can cast one/steal from an ele.

or use it in the shortbow 4 skill for aoe weakness.

(edited by TheAmpca.1753)

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Stun breakers now break blowouts and launch as well

Took them kittening long enough. I always wondered why some classes got plain old stuns, and some got stun +.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Next Thief updates:

No nerfs is surprising turn of events, considering we’re thieves.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I like the fact immobilize stacks now. Makes one venom useful.

(edited by stof.9341)

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

At first I thought it was “Black Powder” is now a blast finisher, which would have been kind of awesome if it comboed into it’s own field. But I guess that would have been pretty crazy…

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Nothing major other than the addition of a blast finisher from what I see.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

we wanted at least 450 range on the kitten venom share, why it’s so complicated to undertand ?
600 would be ideal, to be on par with the banner range (untraited)

the OMG the venom share is OP … well…. it is strenghtening the party, but YOU are weak alone, sacrificing at least 3 traits (one beeing grandmaster)
zerg warfare, they are anyway 500 / sq meter, so range is not an issue there, but in PVE partys….oh boy…
not even mentioning that you have to give up the 30 in CS to get the lol venom share

objects are still immune to conditions, so .give me 1 solid reason to take it
(hint: the Lotus Poison nerf made the venom share more crappy than it was already, and the 5max debuff stacks, make things even worse, you think adding 60 more range after all this nerfs will change my option from pure dps build ??? hell no)

let me give you an example:
All duration stacking boons(Aegis, Fury, protection, Regeneration, Retaliation, Swiftness, and Vigor) and conditions(Blind, Burning, Chilled, Cripple, immobilze(now stacks duration), and Poison) now stack to a maximum of 5 times.

you activate “Spider Venom” via venom share, all 5 players are melee. The boss gets 5 stacks of poison, rest is wasted. (same as the other venoms)
1.either you guys are clueless how skills/traits/durations influence each other or 2.you want to heavly nerf a practically non-existant pve build

(edited by DanH.5879)

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Okay, do I read this correctly:
*… conditions(Blind, Burning, Chilled, Cripple, immobilze(now stacks duration), and Poison) now stack to a maximum of 5 times. *

This means that if you take something like http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sneak_Attack and combo it through a dark field, you could apply 5 stacks of blindness to someone?

Unless they cleanse it, that’s a heckuvalot more blind, and should significantly improve the small skirmish value of p/X?

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

Okay, do I read this correctly:
*… conditions(Blind, Burning, Chilled, Cripple, immobilze(now stacks duration), and Poison) now stack to a maximum of 5 times. *

This means that if you take something like http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sneak_Attack and combo it through a dark field, you could apply 5 stacks of blindness to someone?

Unless they cleanse it, that’s a heckuvalot more blind, and should significantly improve the small skirmish value of p/X?

The maximum stack of durations is 5 so you can only stack 5X2 seconds of poison for a maximum of 10 seconds.

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: Eodwen.2613

Eodwen.2613

Firstly im going to ask if this is real or troll. Secondly if this is true isnt regneeration aegis protection stacking horribly OP in some classes?

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

@Kincaidia.3192: 5 stacks of blindness =/= 5 miss atks. It is still one blind but with longer in Duration.

@Eodwen.2613: We can not say this is troll nor we can rule out that this is not true.
Secondly, I believe regneeration aegis protection are stacking more than 5 times, right now. So this is more like a nerf to those. I hope I am not far too off.

All is vain.

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: dDuff.3860

dDuff.3860

I think that is “general” part of these notes is really close to what it would be on release date, at least i’m very happy to believein that, but as for “balance” part, it seems very illogical to me and kind of foolish. Even though, it sill has it chance for life.

Faeleth

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Eodwen.2613

if i understood correctly then aegis will stacks 5 times which would mean 5 attacks will be blocked in the duration you have the buff minus the ones that their duration is up. If this is so the poison will be having added % heal reduced regeneration will have added healing in shorter interval and protection will have added % reduced dmg in shorter interval. Atleast regeneration stacks will be burst healing and stacking healing power might be OP. Maybe it puts pvp on a more strategical level using poison and weakness stacking to offset might stacking and healing stacking protection vs tags and aegis vs mindless aoe spamming. However i am worried about necro condition builds and engii boon builds being OP after patch in pvp.

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Next Thief updates:

Jesus saves. Everyone else, roll for damage.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

….

Duration stacking buffs only stacking 5 times probably works different. Aegis will still only block one attack (since it is duration stacking). The only difference is that you can’t stack the duration to infinity anymore (same for all other duration buffs).
Let’s say you’re applying 5x aegis with a duration of 2 seconds. That will give you a total duration of 10 seconds. It will still only block one attack.
With this patch you can’t stack another aegis on top of that until the first “stack” of aegis ran out of time.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: TundraQualle.8204

TundraQualle.8204

if i understood correctly then aegis will stacks 5 times which would mean 5 attacks will be blocked in the duration you have the buff minus the ones that their duration is up. If this is so the poison will be having added % heal reduced regeneration will have added healing in shorter interval and protection will have added % reduced dmg in shorter interval. Atleast regeneration stacks will be burst healing and stacking healing power might be OP. Maybe it puts pvp on a more strategical level using poison and weakness stacking to offset might stacking and healing stacking protection vs tags and aegis vs mindless aoe spamming. However i am worried about necro condition builds and engii boon builds being OP after patch in pvp.

Boons like Aegis, Fury, Protection, Regeneration, Retaliation, Stability, Swiftness, Vigor stack in DURATION not INTENSITY. Same for conditions like Blind, Burning, Chilled, Crippled, Fear, Poison, Weakness and Immobilized.

/Edit: Got ninja’d

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Eodwen.2613

So they didnt change it to intensity tacking five times just nerfed durations tacking then? Thats kinda relieving.

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

/Edit: Got ninja’d

By a Mesmer. Eat that, thieves

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: xmtrcv.5236

xmtrcv.5236

Next Thief updates:

Jesus saves. Everyone else, roll for damage.

You rang for me? xD

Damage Dolly
we all began as something else

Thief leaked patch notes

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Finally the fix the stealth bugs and make us a little (more) useful. About time too! =)

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!