Thief needs a 2-handed melee weapon. (Staff!)

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Something tells me the datamined image might have just been an option for the Acrobatics trait line. Concept art has never been canon to lore or game mechanics (see: capes and polearms), and the supposed Druid specialization datamined image is actually just the Beastmastery trait line concept art.

in Thief

Posted by: BIRDPUNCHER.8263

BIRDPUNCHER.8263

Something tells me the datamined image might have just been an option for the Acrobatics trait line. Concept art has never been canon to lore or game mechanics (see: capes and polearms), and the supposed Druid specialization datamined image is actually just the Beastmastery trait line concept art.

But the images aren’t concept art, nearly all of them are currently in-game as specialization/skill training background images. The staff artwork is the only thief image not currently used in-game. Additionally, despite the druid art being used for beastmastery and the dragonhunter art for honor, they are still weapons that the class will use. The guardian isn’t pictured with pistols, the ranger isn’t pictured with a shield.

The thief is pictured with a staff, the exact model of which has also been datamined.
[&C6EXAAA=] / [&AgFgEQEAAA==]
(normal & ascended versions)

~bird princess~

(edited by BIRDPUNCHER.8263)

in Thief

Posted by: Dirkman.9367

Dirkman.9367

From appearance point of view, this staff is more monk like. Which fits. Monks fight with just this same weapon as well as the other weapons Thief can already use.
The look and style fits.

Something tells me you still don’t get it. If you mean the data mined image, then sure, looks fine (if it’s a staff). But what I’m saying is the glow rod skins we typically got for staff don’t fit thieves. Some even have massive staff toppers, or whatever you’d call the ornament. Imagine a thief with the Balthazar staff skin. It would look out of place as a necromancer with a rifle.

Well there are some wannabe quaterstaves already (or gargoyle scythe, that would be pretty cool on thief ) but if they would pull that off I’m pretty sure they would add some more fitting skins for close combat

in Thief

Posted by: Arkitech.9158

Arkitech.9158

Dat 2 year old thread revival doe.

in Thief

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Didn’t even notice, wow. GG

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Thief

Posted by: Kury.8210

Kury.8210

Well there are some wannabe quaterstaves already (or gargoyle scythe, that would be pretty cool on thief ) but if they would pull that off I’m pretty sure they would add some more fitting skins for close combat

Guess it could be solved by a few new skins. Still hoping if it is staff we get a blade sprouting out the end or something.

Oh geeze…

in Thief

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

I would ove this more than anything!!!!!!!

SAB or RIOT

in Thief

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

But the images aren’t concept art, nearly all of them are currently in-game as specialization/skill training background images. The staff artwork is the only thief image not currently used in-game. Additionally, despite the druid art being used for beastmastery and the dragonhunter art for honor, they are still weapons that the class will use. The guardian isn’t pictured with pistols, the ranger isn’t pictured with a shield.

The thief is pictured with a staff, the exact model of which has also been datamined.
[&C6EXAAA=] / [&AgFgEQEAAA==]
(normal & ascended versions)

I would argue that Warrior Shout window art isnt a weapon currently in the game nor playable unless they plan to get conjures or kits.(great axe)

in Thief

Posted by: BIRDPUNCHER.8263

BIRDPUNCHER.8263

I would argue that Warrior Shout window art isnt a weapon currently in the game nor playable unless they plan to get conjures or kits.(great axe)

That’s a good point, but what really clinches thief staff is that the weapon is in game and has been datamined along with a slew of other specialization rewards. If it were the art alone I would also be inclined to call it artistic license.

~bird princess~

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

I sense a work of a necromancer here…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Brewergamer.8357

Brewergamer.8357

I agree that thiefs need a new weapon, but I’m not sure staff is the right one… off hand sword would be nice. But axe, longbow and rifle all fit the “thiefy” niche.

I’d love to see rifle added to thief.