Thief needs to be reworked completely.

in Thief

Posted by: Sa Da Tay.6542

Sa Da Tay.6542

Below is my opinion after playing to 80 on my own thief and now raising my warrior which is level 78:

Thief should have never made it past beta in it’s current form. I’d even go as far as saying the class should be removed/locked off reworked and everyone should be given a token to respec to another class with equal gear etc.

The amount of players trying to defend thieves in their current state really make me question the community.

@Anet You guys better be listening to the players that actually bought more than the game disc. Most of us are in there supporting you guys left and right with gem purchases putting up with this comedy.

Below is yet another thief doing 12k+ damage within half a second.

Not understanding why someone who is just clearly mashing buttons poorly is doing this much damage. The class could be played blindfolded. Report all you want, facts are facts.

To those claiming oh we are squishy I direct you to 1:29 of the above video when the red text of “it’s always easy to escape” pops up.

The candy trail ends here.

(edited by Sa Da Tay.6542)

in Thief

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

Let’s see Glass cannon vs Glass cannon with the old signet skilled that did 150%.

Edit: i love how you changed the video to another one……….

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

(edited by brandon.6735)

in Thief

Sa Da Tay.6542

Next time don’t be so quick to reply? I dunno what to tell you the linked video wasn’t right, have a cookie and an apology?

in Thief

Posted by: semutant.2984

semutant.2984

video posted in April 2012. facts are facts. do i need to say more?

in Thief

Sa Da Tay.6542

Published on Oct 30, 2012 by Krayoons kraysso

You must be watching the wrong video as well. Sorry. Not sure what the date has to do with anything anyways if anything over time things have gotten worse with the changes.

Thank god pistol whip was fixed. (even if it’s still doing ridiculous numbers) Please tell me backstab, cloak and dagger, and dagger storm are next?

(edited by Sa Da Tay.6542)

in Thief

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

Next time don’t be so quick to reply? I dunno what to tell you the linked video wasn’t right, have a cookie and an apology?

Don’t be so quick to reply? What does that mean? You posted a thread that wasn’t ready and all i did was come to this forum and a post to a thread.

I think someone else need a cookie. Anyway if you actually read this forum you would know that A-net is already looking to nerf some stuff and buff others. We don’t need another 100 QQ threads about thiefs.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

in Thief

Posted by: Snowgoons.6349

Snowgoons.6349

It wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t have ranged immunity on dagger storm, plenty of ways to stealth, bow to teleport, weapon skill and utility skill to portal back to location of their choosing.

Look thieves, you have to choose, either incredible damage or incredible movement speed. You can’t just have it all. Not fair at all.

in Thief

Sa Da Tay.6542

Don’t be so quick to reply? What does that mean? You posted a thread that wasn’t ready and all i did was come to this forum and a post to a thread.

I think someone else need a cookie. Anyway if you actually read this forum you would know that A-net is already looking to nerf some stuff and buff others. We don’t need another 100 QQ threads about thiefs.

It means exactly what it means, don’t get upset the video changed as it’s my thread. I am able to change anything within my own post. If I want to put a picture of a rubber ducky up there I will. Don’t come trying to troll my post because you don’t like it. I have just as much right to post here as you do, if you like it or not.

I get that you guys are scared you might get over nerfed, still does not mean it shouldn’t be pointed out once again to ONCE AGAIN confirm that SOMETHING needs to be done.

If this video is posted elsewhere please by all means take it down mods.

in Thief

Posted by: semutant.2984

semutant.2984

You must be watching the wrong video as well. Sorry. Not sure what the date has to do with anything anyways if anything over time things have gotten worse with the changes to venom.

ah you changed the video. sure, date has everything to do with anything. that was before the assassin signet was changed. it was a bit excessive. yes i agree. and i’m pretty sure most of us thieves are agree with the changes.

from the video you can see the backstab crit only up to 6k now. it’s not 12k anymore. is thieves still need some tweaking? maybe. we’ll just have to wait what Anet is gonna bring to us at 15nov. there is no point to make a new thread when you can just reply to tons of similar thread at first page.

in Thief

Snowgoons.6349

I am calling it now, people are going to complain until a WoW like stat like Resilience comes in and ruins the game completely.

Rogue forum looked exactly like the Thief forum, everyone seeing how lame perma stunlock and followups were, then magically Resilience.

Calling it now:
2:02 am November 3, 2012

in Thief

Sa Da Tay.6542

You must be watching the wrong video as well. Sorry. Not sure what the date has to do with anything anyways if anything over time things have gotten worse with the changes to venom.

ah you changed the video. sure, date has everything to do with anything. that was before the assassin signet was changed. it was a bit excessive. yes i agree. and i’m pretty sure most of us thieves are agree with the changes.

from the video you can see the backstab crit only up to 6k now. it’s not 12k anymore. is thieves still need some tweaking? maybe. we’ll just have to wait what Anet is gonna bring to us at 15nov. there is no point to make a new thread when you can just reply to tons of similar thread at first page.

Never mentioned 12k in one shot, thieves routinely do upwards of 15k in a flash of a second. Even on fully geared guardians.

Snow, I had completely forgot about that situation, that is exactly what happened. Rogues defended and defended blizz didn’t want to nerf them and in came resilience.

LOL, watch a stat come in to lower crit damage I bet you are right. Then what will be said? It will probably be disguised as a overall crit damage nerf, but we know what really happened. lol

in Thief

Posted by: Sartorial Zodiac.2560

Sartorial Zodiac.2560

Well anymore thief nerfs I’m done with this game. Its the only class I play and enjoy playing.

in Thief

Snowgoons.6349

Well anymore thief nerfs I’m done with this game. Its the only class I play and enjoy playing.

Like thief has suffered through mass uncalled for nerfs right? lol

Yeah Sa Da Tay. It was the same situation, everyone complained, blizzard couldn’t not listen, but everyone was defending rogue, so they settled on resilience and it sucked. That is obviously what the thieves of GW2 want. I don’t see any other end to this battle if they aren’t willing to be reasonable.

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Yes, the solution is to remove the hundreds of hours invested by players and say “pick another”. That won’t cause a huge backlash. Are you high? Arenanet wouldn’t even listen to a suggestion like that for a nanosecond.

It’s so easy to “fix” the problem – force Steal to become a skill that does not operate parallel to other skills = all your problems solved. Totality of burst becomes avoidable, enemy can retaliate, glass cannons mashing buttons get wrecked. Devs have commented on this being a possible implementation in a forthcoming build.

The last thing this already destroyed sub-forum needs is ANOTHER thread like this. The point has been made. It’s being worked on. Move on.

I’d also appreciate you using a better video as an example of balance problems. All I saw for the first 30 seconds was a scrub match with a total moron who stood right next to the Thief channelling Dagger Storm, CONTINUING TO FIRE HIS RIFLE. I sort of gave up after that and couldn’t take it seriously.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

in Thief

Posted by: Panacea.4927

Panacea.4927

I have yet to see a video which shows that thiefs are OP against a decent player and not the mindless ones who dont pay attention to their enviroment or use their skills/traits proper.

Right now thief is a pubstomper. You can kill baddies pretty easily and sPvP is full of baddies.

in Thief

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

What makes you have any more say in the future of the thief just because you buy gems?

in Thief

Posted by: Teabaker.9524

Teabaker.9524

People who whine about thief haven’t met a good mesmer yet -_-

in Thief

Posted by: Amria.2461

Amria.2461

@ Sithaco

Thats just the way those types of people think, theres no stopping them.

in Thief

Posted by: FrozenLuv.6017

FrozenLuv.6017

Oh, wow, Thx Sithaco for pointing that bit out, i missed it the first time reading it. Yea, Sa Da Tay, what makes you have more say in a game just because you buy gems? Buying gems doesn’t mean anything other than you have money for it. You think you’re better than us because you buy gems? Its you people that make me sick, i hate people with your mindset even more than QQ’ers and that’s saying something.

in Thief

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

I don’t think they need reworked, I think toughness needs to work better for everyone else and once rendering works it will solve the issue of them remaining in stealth for so long so it gives you more time to fight back. Cloak and dagger should apply the buff so they cant cloak so quickly. Once that is done players should be able to fight back more then.

Far to many thieves will still get away from fighting me because I can do nothing to keep them fighting me on my necro which annoys me but they are meant to be the most mobile class so little I can do until they fix grasp, dark pact, chills to last longer, and make my bloody root instant cast so it will work before a thief can stealth.

(edited by gamefreak.5673)

in Thief

Posted by: Panics Prey.1528

Panics Prey.1528

“I spent money, do what I say.”

How does that mean anything? The implication of your post is that people who want to nerf thieves are the only ones buying gems. A complete nonsense idea.

All this video shows me is soft targets in a pub game getting caught by surprise and not reacting. How impressive… I’d like to see at least one of those guys actually dodge without it being a random press that’s way too late. How about someone disable the thieve and smash is soft kitten Anything, but just standing there. I saw no attempts at defense. The one target that wasn’t soft he ran from. I can isolate any one type of clip and make any class look op.

To say this class needs a rework is just not thought out opinion. Some number changes here and there, fine., but he only thing that really needs to be done is some change to the rendering when leaving stealth.

>Gamefreak: There is a debuff after attacking from stealth. What do you mean by a CnD buff so you can’t cloak so quickly? Were you not aware of the revealed debuff?

in Thief

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Revealed buff does not apply if you only use CnD so you can move from target to target and never be out of stealth fore more then a second. Atleast this was the case for me last week as I was trying to figure out how I would better follow a thief. best way to fight a class is play it and tbh im at a lose for trying to stop one of you from running. Also rendering does not always show you visible to others after you exit stealth as well so combined with rendering issues a player might not see a another player exit stealth.

(edited by gamefreak.5673)

in Thief

Posted by: Edelweiss.9815

Edelweiss.9815

Thief needs to be nerfed in a few areas, but you can’t kill people just by CnDing.

Tone done BS and/or Mug, make revealed last 5 seconds and make Shadow Reduge to immediately cancel stealth if you exit out of the field (no super long stealth if you stand inside the cloud for 4 seconds) and you have yourself a much more balanced class. It will hit a lot of builds, so some compensation needs to be made, buffing the currently underpowered skills will help (traps, some venoms).

in Thief

Posted by: FrozenLuv.6017

FrozenLuv.6017

Thorp, there are several threads in this subforum that talk about rifles for thieves, maybe you can suggest something in those threads, so that our forums might actually reincarnate into a place where there is discussion that isn’t about nerfs.

in Thief

Posted by: edamber.1549

edamber.1549

Alot of classes can do high damage to glass cannons. When ppl learn that a mix between defence and offence is the way to go these crazy hits will dissapear, if you run a glass cannon build expect to get hit hard.

So with your logic every class that can hit hard on zero defence should be reworked. Sooo, rework warriors, ele’s, guardian ….. Or every class there is. A bunker can hold off 3 ppl on his own for quiet a while, rework bunker classes?

in Thief

Posted by: Trevos.6473

Trevos.6473

Thief is a full kitten class for kids. Let me explain:
1. Backstab thief: 3k+ steal(even my biggest attack can’t do that high dmg as ranger) followed by a 8k+backstab followed by some 1k+ auto attacks(even my greatsword auto attack does less than half of this dmg) followed by a 4k+ cloak and dagger and the thief is in stealth(again), i’m dead or 1 backstab far from death…
2.Blossom thief:12k hp, but his bar never go under 99% because of the signet. Trying to dmg him noway he is evading all the time with blossom, using caltrop+blossom=17+ bleed stack…I’m dead.
3.Thief underwater: Some kind if kitten spammable underwater attack what makes him evade all the time…I’m dead.

All of the thiefs build is kitten and too strong and this is the only class which have 3 “usable”(op like hell) elite skill.
Maybe the pop quickness pistol whip-pistol whip-pistol whip spammer crap is over but there are lots of other annoying and overpowered build sadly.

in Thief

Posted by: Trevos.6473

Trevos.6473

Just watch some spvp match and all of you will see 4+thief in teams…that is sad and annoying. The class needs an overall 15%+ dmg nerf and restrictions on stealth(this shadow refuge is a joke too, i saw a thief who resurrected his full dead teammate coz of the neverending stealth).

in Thief

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Out of context and old video.. Someone has an agenda again.
Stop making threads like this.
I have been hit of over 12k by a warr do you see me kitten and complain about nerf that no.
L2P is really bad. Why do people run and cry on forums about a class that beat them.
Learn to play better and maybe you will be gasp better.
/thread
Nerf Mesmers way too strong
Nerf Warriors way too strong
Nerf Rangers Way too strong
Nerf Necros Way too strong
Nerf Engies Way too strong……..

in Thief

Posted by: NightyNight.1823

NightyNight.1823

The Thief doesn’t need a rework.YOU need some brains, walker.A thief used shadow refuge to res his whole team? while you stood by and did what? Look for them around because you can’t see them?I can only imagine you , walking around ,like a zomby .. Where could they possibly be I wonder !? Sorry bro but its hilarious how bad you are.

in Thief

Posted by: Runcore.5107

Runcore.5107

Narkosys you really said what must be said here. You are completely right and all you said is true. I was killed by 2 skills by warr and Im not here crying over forum that warrior is OP and call for nerf. Same with Necros. They can use 2-3 skills on me and im almost dead while they are healing themselves by damaging me and no speak about how much HP they have and do you see me crying on forum that want nerf OP necro? No.

Thief really need rework. He need much more damage so he can be really glass cannon with less HP but nice damage and not nerf which will lead to less HP and less damage. Thief without Hp and withou damage is nothing and arena can completely delete this class. In compare with other classes is thief very weak and really need damage buff for pistols, bow and sword + allow him use rifles. We are weak and some kids want us be more weak. Nonsence. Or if you need to nerf our damage then buff our HP pool as compensation. Developers cannot make class with less Hp and less damage. Its useless class.

Nobody want to listen it but true is that thieves need buff of all weapons so they can be equal in combat with other classes. Fact that some kids was defeated by some thief with full exotic gear on WvW doesnt mean that thief is OP and need to be nerf. Its only mean that game is mostly played by immature kids which need to go cry on forum and whimper for nerf of class which defeated them on fight. Its all.

(edited by Runcore.5107)

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

That proves nothing, all classes kill other classes, i have enough material to make a 10 min long montage of me destroying ppl, i also have enough material for a 20min long video of ppl destroying me so…

in Thief

Posted by: Runcore.5107

Runcore.5107

Yes all classes kill other classes but these immature kids here want make thief useless with no HP and no damage so thief will not be able to kill any other class. Then all classes will be able to kill thief but thief will not be able to kill other class. Its problem. They cry for nerf even all classes are now almost balanced.

in Thief

Posted by: CC Ivonne.6782

CC Ivonne.6782

Community Coordinator

Hello everybody,
due to the high amount of inflammatory comments and attacks on each other, this thread will be locked.
Thanks for understanding.