Thief pistol

Thief pistol

in Thief

Posted by: MindWipe.3028

MindWipe.3028

think the thief’s pistol need to change a bit. It is extremely underpowered because the only thing it has is unload. I think that the auto attack needs to not bleed and have a chain attack instead of just pew pew pew. The other attacks on the off hand pistol don’t have much of a use for a p/p thief. headshot is ok for interrupting. As for black powder, its very nice for d/p or s/p but in unload it has almost no use at all.
that’s just what I think should happen to make the p/p thief a thing and get rid of the troll condi thief build.

Thief pistol

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

…get rid of the troll condi thief build.

Pretty sure I found the message, guys! It was hiding behind all that filler text.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Thief pistol

in Thief

Posted by: Oh My God.8423

Oh My God.8423

Well… I just want to say that it always appear to me a little weird that Black Powder is an PBAoE around the character not an AoE at the target. I would welcome changing it to AoE at the target instead.

Thief pistol

in Thief

Posted by: Knox.3126

Knox.3126

I have to disagree with you some OP. I main p/p in wvw running solo. p/p is amazing with a condi build set up with perplexity runes. I understand it can be a bit hard to play p/p with lack of mobility and stealth, but you can always swap to your SB, and trait for stealth. then again I my self love running builds that are a lot harder to play.
as for black powder with p/p for the love of god never change how it is now. you want to keep in mind that when you fire a shot while standing in it it also will cause blind. so say you have a warrior getting ready to combo you. stand still let the BP ring blind him as you also fire shots right into his face. that combo’ed with confusion will drop him like a sack of potatoes. as for bleed on number 1, well i run condi, so I would hate to see that go as well. the only thing i hardly ever find myself using is unload. it works good on glassy types so that’s about the only time I use it. but only after pouring some conditions on them first. what i would really like to see happen would be a condition added to unload, such as burning. but that might be a bit over powered.

Thief pistol

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

P/P is very overtly under-powered. 75% of the reason is Vital Shot is under-tuned. 25% of the reason is just bad skill synergy.

In a condition build, it has to rely on Vital Shot’s mediocre bleed stacking and whatever runes you have, which is pretty meh. Generally, it is outperformed handedly by P/D, SB, and even D/D. The only time you’d consider using P/P with such a build is if you’re in circumstances where you get huge and consistent benefits from the utility on 4 and 5.

In a power build, it has to rely on Unload, which is even worse for the set as a whole than a condition or hybrid build is. Unload does decent burst damage for a ranged set, but is not sustainable. This means it works better in PvP than in PvE. Moreover, the fact that it keeps you Initiative starved and is a channeled skill means you are severely crippled in both mobility and utility.

Thief pistol

in Thief

Posted by: EazyPanda.6419

EazyPanda.6419

Well… I just want to say that it always appear to me a little weird that Black Powder is an PBAoE around the character not an AoE at the target. I would welcome changing it to AoE at the target instead.

That’ll make running Dagger/Pistol too kitten annoying.
I’d have to deselect my target every time i want to enter stealth. So no thanks =).

Anet logic:
where bashing people over the head with a stick deals more damage than a stab to the heart.
-My D.A. = http://eazypanda.deviantart.com/

Thief pistol

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Because it’s a combo field that adds blind to your bullets which had no use if the BP is on your target.

If it’s not broken — don’t fix it.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Thief pistol

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Simple fix for the auto attack problem

1. Reduce bleed duration on auto attack (3 seconds?)
2. Increase the power scale on the auto attack (no clue, .45?)
3. Increase the bleed duration from sneak attack (5 seconds?)

Since condi thief utilizes stealth, give the stealth attack the higher bleed duration and leave the auto attack as a filler. For p/p power it gives a little more kick or even p/d hybrid.

Still have 4 other skills to fix though :/

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Thief pistol

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Pretty sure I found the message, guys! It was hiding behind all that filler text.

We can agree on that. Melee rifle is coming guys don’t worry.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Thief pistol

in Thief

Posted by: kaikalii.4198

kaikalii.4198

I main power p/p In Wvw roaming and sPvP. It is absolutely fine the way it is. It’s only damage is in unload, but that’s all you need, because you are basically a lb ranger that never has to stop rapid firing. Thr drawback is that without evades or stealth in the set itself, you have to be creative about survivability. Please don’t change my favorite set.

Kaliiii (Thief) – SoS

Thief pistol

in Thief

Einlanzer.1627

Simple fix for the auto attack problem

1. Reduce bleed duration on auto attack (3 seconds?)
2. Increase the power scale on the auto attack (no clue, .45?)
3. Increase the bleed duration from sneak attack (5 seconds?)

Since condi thief utilizes stealth, give the stealth attack the higher bleed duration and leave the auto attack as a filler. For p/p power it gives a little more kick or even p/d hybrid.

Still have 4 other skills to fix though :/

I’m not sure if this is the best solution, but it would definitely work better than what we have now.

The main problem with Vital Shot is that it doesn’t scale very well with either a power or a condition based build. In P/D, it’s a little more okay because you have more than one other source of damage and utilize the Sneak Attack a lot. In P/P it’s a pretty big problem because you only have Unload to carry its slack.

Thief pistol

in Thief

Einlanzer.1627

I main power p/p In Wvw roaming and sPvP. It is absolutely fine the way it is. It’s only damage is in unload, but that’s all you need, because you are basically a lb ranger that never has to stop rapid firing. Thr drawback is that without evades or stealth in the set itself, you have to be creative about survivability. Please don’t change my favorite set.

Just because you enjoy it currently doesn’t mean it’s fine the way it is. It’s so-so in PvP because burst is more important than sustain, but it objectively doesn’t work well that Unload is the only source of damage. It pigeonholes you into boring spam builds and leaves you with practically nonexistent utility. It breaks the resource management of the whole set and makes it barely functional in general usage.

Regardless, most of what’s being proposed would not affect your playstyle. If anything it would just be a buff to it. So it doesn’t make any rational sense for you to be opposing it.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

Thief pistol

in Thief

Posted by: Oxyloged.7319

Oxyloged.7319

I run d/d p/p levelling my thief and just switch to my p/p when I can’t be bothered actually fighting “3…. 3…. 3…. wait…. 3….”

Thief pistol

in Thief

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

LooooLed. I smiledz

Thief pistol

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

make the p/p thief a thing

It’s already a thing, people just don’t run it.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.