Thief, playable class again? Fract.' Update

in Thief

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Upon reading the next fractured update, i notice something quite alarming, Arena.net staff; Team 3 using thief class to demonstrate new changes in the upcoming fracture update.

I don’t know if i should be happy or not

so here is the truth; you guys are in good hands for now and forevermore.

in other word, don’t worry about any threats of "nerfs’, cause at the end of the day, you will still be Arena.net Favorite Playable class.

Arena.net will make sure your future is secured.

(for reassurance.. you’re the only class who remain the undefeated champ in all stats, since day 1, and will continue to be, in the far distance future)

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/guild-wars-2-fractured-update-goes-live-today-new-screenshots-videos/

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

get a clue burnfall, even the devs said using 2 thieves made it harder than it really needs to be. it’s very obvious the P/P thief in particular wasn’t contributing much to the group and kept getting downed over and over.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

now correct me if im wrong here but the last major nerf to pve thieves was -15% damage to pistolwhip nearly a full year ago so why should we be afraid of nerfs?

in Thief

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

WHO are you that you can give assurances? you said you dont play thief, so you dont understand them. You cant say thief is in good hands because you cant See if someone is playing thief well or Bad. And if someone is playing Bad, how should he Know what is good for the class?
Im Not saying anet Team plays Bad, but p/p…you need 2 Buttons for this Set. “w” and “3”.

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I watched the video and that dev was terrible at theif and honestly terrible at the game.

The video says nothing about thief class. Just another bad thief. If they were balancing around this guy thief would get major buffs.

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Burnfall.9573

WHO are you that you can give assurances? you said you dont play thief, so you dont understand them. You cant say thief is in good hands because you cant See if someone is playing thief well or Bad. And if someone is playing Bad, how should he Know what is good for the class?
Im Not saying anet Team plays Bad, but p/p…you need 2 Buttons for this Set. “w” and “3”.

“WHO are you that you can give assurances?” I’m a valuable player just like you.

“You cant say thief is in good hands because you cant See if someone is playing thief well or Bad. And if someone is playing Bad, how should he Know what is good for the class?”

As the saying goes, “by our experience together, i can see what you are made of”

I belong to a thief guild, 80%-90% of wvw commanders play thief class, i always embrace having a thief at my side, and in my party, and they all welcome me with open arms

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Thief

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Burnfall stop with the trolling and making non constructive threads just because you have not learn how to kill a thief with your Ranger.

You could better ask in this forums the mechanics of the class to help you with your gameplay . . .

Please man just stop . . .

How am i trolling,when i’m giving thief class assurance that they are in good hand?

I belong to a thief guild, 80%-90% of wvw commanders play thief class, i always embrace having a thief at my side, and in my party… yet still i’m a troll?

I wish we rangers had someone, somebody, to give us assurance, hope, for our future

When does giving assurance consider trolling to begin with?

Is it wrong to give good compliments?

So you think we don’t see what you are doing?

I just need to click into your message history to see how many times you tried to make look bad thieves.

Now you come with your sheep disguise to the thief forum trying to . . . well i do not even know what are your trying.

If you want to improve your class, (Ranger) go to the ranger forum and create constructive post explaining why you feel your profession need a buff.

in Thief

Burnfall.9573

Burnfall stop with the trolling and making non constructive threads just because you have not learn how to kill a thief with your Ranger.

You could better ask in this forums the mechanics of the class to help you with your gameplay . . .

How am i trolling,when i’m giving thief class assurance that they are in good hand?

I belong to a thief guild, 80%-90% of wvw commanders play thief class, i always embrace having a thief at my side, and in my party… yet still i’m a troll?

I wish we rangers had someone, somebody, to give us assurance, hope, for our future

So you think we don’t see what you are doing?

I just need to click into your message history to see how many times you tried to make look bad thieves.

Now you come with your sheep disguise to the thief forum trying to . . . well i do not even know what are your trying.

If you want to improve your class, (Ranger) go to the ranger forum and create constructive post explaining why you feel your profession need a buff.

you mean this?

Burnfall, "So at the end of the day, we all can agree, thief class is severely broken and is in need of serious complete redesign; instead of nerfs, nerfs and nerfing them more. until they are more severely broken.

Big Encouragement to Arena.net, please pull this class from the class roster until they are completely redesigned and fully reworked, from the ground up.
In other word, put thief class to sleep until they are reborn again.

(that’s the only right way i believe, to help this class)"..

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Complete-list-of-nerfs-since-release/first#post3261737

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Q in livestream: "Why are you using thieves? aren’t they bad?(guessing)
Anet Dev: “yea using 2 thieves makes it pretty hard, but also keep in mind this is a lv39 fractal with the explosion mistlock instability. Though I’d think the thieves would be better at the traps”
Jake: “touche”

I hope they balance around Jake’s thief.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I belong to a thief guild, 80%-90% of wvw commanders play thief class, i always embrace having a thief at my side, and in my party, and they all welcome me with open arms.

… yet still i’m a troll?

I wish we rangers had someone, somebody, or a team at Arena.net, to give us assurance, hope, for our future

too obvious

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I think they were using thieves just to show ‘even thieves can do this’. Thieves are not a good fractal class once you get past stealth skips. If enemies are going to explode on death then the very first class that is going to be driven out of melee is the thief. We could use shadow return on the sword to get away from exploding melee enemies of course but .. ah no. I’m guessing the low health pool, lack of block, lack of protection, lack of stability, lack of invulnerabilty, etc is going to hit thieves hard with these fractal disturbances.

(edited by Stooperdale.3560)

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I belong to a thief guild, 80%-90% of wvw commanders play thief class, i always embrace having a thief at my side, and in my party, and they all welcome me with open arms.

… yet still i’m a troll?

I wish we rangers had someone, somebody, or a team at Arena.net, to give us assurance, hope, for our future

too obvious

I think he means warrior and guardian. I see more necro commanders than I do thief commanders.

in Thief

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

Look at that, another rambling Burnfall post. I’m beginning to wonder if perhaps Sanduskel has a second account.

This sums up thieves on December 10th.

in Thief

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Burnfail, as we’ve begun calling him in the ele forums, likes to make posts to try to degrade other classes so as to further his class.

His favorite lines are “justice, freedom, liberty” and other crap he spews.

I’d usually say ignore the troll, but the troll is hard to ignore, as you risk Anet listening to the troll.

Good luck, thieves.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

now correct me if im wrong here but the last major nerf to pve thieves was -15% damage to pistolwhip nearly a full year ago so why should we be afraid of nerfs?

A bigger nerf was probably when enemies stopping losing track of you when you stealth.

Thieves are good for certain things. They are not one of the stronger dungeon/fractals classes though.

in Thief

Posted by: boumz.9851

boumz.9851

who the kitten cares about pve-thief anyway?

in Thief

Burnfall.9573

Burnfail, as we’ve begun calling him in the ele forums, likes to make posts to try to degrade other classes so as to further his class.

I’d usually say ignore the troll, but the troll is hard to ignore, as you risk Anet listening to the troll.

Good luck, thieves.

As a representative of the ranger class; I think our relationship with thieves can be worked out. It is not about degrading their class to further our class at all, it is all about setting boundaries between ourselves.

At this moment, we don’t have much, we are too vulnerable to them. The sad truth, we are constantly being weakened in their favor; giving them much better reasons in killing us.

Ranger class is all about survivability and adaptivity, right now, we don’t have much left to survive with, we are constantly being forced to adapt to every nefs we get. Our pet survivability and adaptivity, are completely non-existence.

What grieves us more, is when our pet watch in silence, as we lay in our final breath, crying out for help.

Which is not right at all, especially to a company who once said, “we are all treated equally”.

Reason why i use words like justice, freedom, liberty is because i strongly believe i in them and also, they determine guild wars 2 future.

We all know the feeling when our class freedom and liberty are being threatened with undeserving nerfs, when other class(ss) is given “the free pass” to constantly abuse and manipulate their power over you.

which only leave us in great sadness, brokenness and desolation, asking, “where is justice”?

As the saying goes, “justice, freedom and liberty, give us hope to our future”.

My hope is for Arena.net to work with the thief class with their needs and wants, in return; helping and preventing them from abusing and manipulating excessive power, and control.

:)

in Thief

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

Yea valuable Player. Well i cant assure anything to other players.
Nobody can really tell what will happen to any proffesion in the Future, Not even the devs.
You will never stop complaining about thieves, because your Ranger has Problems dealing with them. Must be the fault of the proffession Design, surely not your own.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

Thieves brokenaess!!
Yas!!! For just ice, freecondoms and giggity!!!

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

He prob runs glass cannon lb/sb ranger and wonders why he gets tooled by eles and thieves…

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Good luck, thieves.

Ah…. you can always depend on Burnfall to give you a good laugh….

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)