Thief playable in pvp with 250ms~350ms ping ?

in Thief

Posted by: Noctis.4753

Noctis.4753

I tried playing my thief in pvp and I noticed my backstabs misses a lot (enemy keeps running around like crazy after I stealth ) and I just can’t land a proper backstab on the side or back of the enemy for maximum damage.

Does anyone having high ping encounter these problems too ?

Anyway, I was thinking that should I reroll my thief into a guardian because I heard guardian is more forgiving than thief in pvp, any advice on that ?

in Thief

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Plan on dying a lot as a thief if you average 300 msec pings.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in Thief

Posted by: Neoheart.2750

Neoheart.2750

Hey, lag is obviously going to be a detriment to any player or class during play but I would have to agree with you that on a thief it’s probably worse. It’s partly because with any weapon set you operate in small Windows be it backstab, sword evade or cnd etc.

I recently moved house and have 1/4 the connection I used to, about 3-5mbs sip reckons but I’m constantly missing dodges etc on s/d and it’s just not fun to play anymore. I’ve also only been playing the game again for a few weeks so the lag coupled with the state of the class and whole game meta is making me consider rerolling.

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

If your ping is that bad, plan on dying a lot on any class. I’d say your best bet is to go with some type of ranged approach.

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I play with 250-350+ ping a lot since I live in New Zealand with crappy internet but I still get Rank 50’s+ PMing me saying they thought I was a higher rank due to how effectively I play the class.

Still, it can get pretty rage-inducing when you hit a heal button for it to activate 1 second later which could’ve saved you (happens a LOT).

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

I have no idea what my ping is, but I’m in Kaizer’s boat, I live in Australia (next door) and I am able to play just fine. I do notice the lag occasionally, but if you’re persistent it’s nothing game breaking and you can still compete with people local to NA/EU.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain