Thief's Signet Malice

Thief's Signet Malice

in Thief

Posted by: Flydragon.7146

Flydragon.7146

To specify(explaining the skill), the ‘Signet of Malice’ is a heal skill for the thief which grants health for every attack as a passive ability. The active ability gives greater health boost.
Question here… Let’s suppose Im wearing armor that upgrades ‘Healing abilities’ like for example Healing stat+ (x). Does that actually work with Signet of Malice?

Its not the best approach for a thief of course, I am just curious to see if someone actually tried it. Every attack gives you health; does it give more health per attack when your equipped with armor/weapons that boosts healing stat?
If it works, it makes for a more survivability thief lol

Thief's Signet Malice

in Thief

Posted by: Bluebird.1890

Bluebird.1890

It does work, but to what extent I couldn’t says.

Easiest way to find out? Go to the mists, grab signet of malice, grab a Steady Weapon from the vendor, go beat on a dummy. Switch gear out to +HP gear. Beat on dummy again.

Thief's Signet Malice

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

You get a small fraction of healing power.

I’m not able to check right now, but running a Shamans amutet (569 healing power, diff jewel with no healing power) and 30 points in shadow arts (another 300) for a total 869, I believe I get somewhere around 140 per hit.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

Thief's Signet Malice

in Thief

Posted by: Kindread.9481

Kindread.9481

You get 5% of your Healing Power for the “On Hit” heal.

So as an example:
@ level 80 with NO Healing Power you get ~100 health per hit.

@ level 80 with 1000 Healing Power you get ~150 Health per hit.

1000*.05=50

Thief's Signet Malice

in Thief

Posted by: Eduardo.4675

Eduardo.4675

Yes it works; ull get a increase both in the passive healing and active healing.
The passive healing gives you 100 hp for each attack at base compassion and increases 1 point for each 20 points of extra compassion (+healing); the active healing gives you 3275 hp, and increases 1point for each 2 points in compassion.

Adapt or die. I never die.

Thief's Signet Malice

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Supposedly, according to the wiki (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Malice)

You get 100 + 20% of your healing power above base as health pet attack.

20% of 869 = 43 (rounded closer) which would make 143 health per attack.

Thief's Signet Malice

in Thief

Posted by: Kindread.9481

Kindread.9481

20% of 869 is 173.8, this would mean you would heal for 273.8 per hit, which would be great … if it were true.

The actual value is 5% of your total Healing Power.

The link you posted even states that the value is 5%, I am confused as to why you say 20%.

Thief's Signet Malice

in Thief

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

As Kindread said, you get +5% of healing power to the passive effect per hit, with base 100. The active use of the signet isn’t modified by healing power though.

As for the other 2 healing skills, Hide in Shadows gets a 100% bonus to its heal from heal. power (so with 1000 heal. power you heal 5240+1000), while Withdraw gets 50% from heal. power.

Running a bleed spec with Signet of Malice is quite entertaining, especially in 8v8 hot joins and in WWW, boosting your healing power/cnd dmg/thoughness, and choosing the right traits: it’s nice to see your hp pool going from squat to full when you trigger Dagger Storm.

Thief's Signet Malice

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

20% of 869 is 173.8, this would mean you would heal for 273.8 per hit, which would be great … if it were true.

The actual value is 5% of your total Healing Power.

The link you posted even states that the value is 5%, I am confused as to why you say 20%.

Well my fault, it says 5% of your healing power right now, I was obviously thinking of healing power divided by 20 when I wrote that line I even did the math like that you can see.

Thief's Signet Malice

in Thief

Posted by: Flydragon.7146

Flydragon.7146

Thx for the info guys!
Much appreciated

Thief's Signet Malice

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

If you’re looking to make the most of SoM, make sure you a.) boost your compassion, and b.) use S/P as Pistol Whip against multiple mobs = tons of returned health, and c.) throw a lot of Caltrops.

Thief's Signet Malice

in Thief

Posted by: neclon.4510

neclon.4510

^ works well with p/p too. I usually run malice, and unload is a good heal supplement. You also get the multi hit healing from the stealthed attack but need condition stats to make it ideal.

Thief's Signet Malice

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

DAgger storm + SoM again zerg = many lulz

Thief's Signet Malice

in Thief

Posted by: Kaluweyn.4693

Kaluweyn.4693

Don’t know if it was cuz of the last patch, but I have 0 healing, yet my SoM returns 107 hp per hit on lv 80 maps. Not that I’m complaining about this 7% boost.

Thief's Signet Malice

in Thief

Posted by: Malicious.6742

Malicious.6742

You probably got some healing from trait line?

Thief's Signet Malice

in Thief

Kaluweyn.4693

Nope, I am holding my mouse over “Health” in the Hero’s window right now..it says “Healing Power: 0.” If I did, it should be a number other than zero. Besides, I have nothing invested in Shadow Arts.

Thief's Signet Malice

in Thief

Kaluweyn.4693

Oh nvm. It’s the WvW bonus, “Medic.” It increases healing effectiveness by 7%. Haha