in Thief

Posted by: Nefejrangh.2584

Nefejrangh.2584

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Lmfao.

On a more serious note, would you guys think I’m crazy for thinking DD would put thief in a good spot x.x?

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

Omg….. this is too good…. oh my sides.

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Perfect.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Posted by: Shinobi.3240

Shinobi.3240

Hahaha .. awesome!
Good Job!

Shinobi Sicarius [ Thief / Lvl: 80 / PvP Rank: 250+]
[5/8 Champion Titles – Legendary Division] [19k+ AP]
[BEER – Dungeon Riders – Desolation]

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Lmfao.

On a more serious note, would you guys think I’m crazy for thinking DD would put thief in a good spot x.x?

Sounds pay2win then if you mean that cuz vanilla needs put in good spot. Which is why DD becomes underwhelming when it coulda just been acrobatics rework.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

SlayerSixx.5763

Its obviously pay2win kek. They finally make dd ele balanced (it honestly is) right before they release scrapper/reaper which is absolutely hilarious. I’m not saying what they’re doing by leaving core specs in the dirt is OK, since their focus is to move forward and change all of PvP in general, but I AM saying that the way elites interact with the other elites kinda even out the playing field.

Also, idk about everyone else, but I intend to run acro AND DD for all of the super sweet evasion.

I also heard somewhere (I don’t remember where) that elite specs would be available to everyone in sPvP. I don’t know if this is true, but if it is then the base game players would at least have that going for them.

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Love it when people use the term pay2win so lightly.

Keep going guys.

Nice video though.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

SlayerSixx.5763

Pay 50$ to not get rekt. Sounds pay2win, unless there’s an actual textbook definition for it

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Pay 50$ to not get rekt. Sounds pay2win, unless there’s an actual textbook definition for it

Typically it’s something you can purchase via micro transaction that gives you a clear advantage, for instance stat boosters.

Now-a-days people stretched the definition so thin that having a better internet connection is probably considered p2w.

Join the TEEFs!

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

SlayerSixx.5763

What is, generally, the amount your average micro transaction must reach when it gives you an advantage for it to be considered pay2win?

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

What is, generally, the amount your average micro transaction must reach when it gives you an advantage for it to be considered pay2win?

It’s not the amount of micro transactions… it’s something that’s readily available for purchase via micro transactions that gives a clear advantage. Another example is say there were “VIP” weapons that you could buy (ofc they expire after x days or don’t and just VIPv2 weapons come out) that had a 20% stat increase on ascended gear.

Join the TEEFs!

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Typically it’s something you can purchase via micro transaction that gives you a clear advantage, for instance stat boosters.

Now-a-days people stretched the definition so thin that having a better internet connection is probably considered p2w.

Nah, P2W is having SSD, i7 CPU, and 980 Ti GTX graphics.

Internet connection will always be crappy. No amount of money can buy a flawless connection.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

SlayerSixx.5763

It’s not the amount of micro transactions… it’s something that’s readily available for purchase via micro transactions that gives a clear advantage. Another example is say there were “VIP” weapons that you could buy (ofc they expire after x days or don’t and just VIPv2 weapons come out) that had a 20% stat increase on ascended gear.

So…

Something readily available for purchase….

That gives an advantage….

Like HoT?

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Nah, P2W is having SSD, i7 CPU, and 980 Ti GTX graphics.

Internet connection will always be crappy. No amount of money can buy a flawless connection.

Lol.

It’s just, I don’t think some people ever ran into or saw p2w… It’s a pretty negative term and throwing it around so kittening lightly… O well, new wave of gamers, here they are!

Join the TEEFs!

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Hello Mr Buzz Killington, how was your day?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

So…

Like HoT?

HoT is a mixed basket.

In terms of Necro → Reaper, yes it is Pay-2-Win…I haven’t steam rolled anyone in PvP using a Necro before. Reaper with 100% crit chance and applying 12 stacks of Vulnerability is definitely a definition of pay to win.

However, DD is hardly a pay to win, nor is Tempest, nor is Dragon Hunter. Berserker is meh.

So overall, it even itself out.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

The original P2W actually was Cable Internet vs 56k Dial Up.

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

SlayerSixx.5763

So…

Like HoT?

HoT is a mixed basket.

In terms of Necro -> Reaper, yes it is Pay-2-Win…I haven’t steam rolled anyone in PvP using a Necro before. Reaper with 100% crit chance and applying 12 stacks of Vulnerability is definitely a definition of pay to win.

However, DD is hardly a pay to win, nor is Tempest, nor is Dragon Hunter. Berserker is meh.

Hey, I love DD and DH T.T.

DH gives guard a universal gap closer that immobilizes and heals when traited and looks kitten cool. They also get even smarter usage of their VoC which is just so sweet. I’m on the fence for the VoJ since it only REALLY does something for condi guards and even then, it requires a lot of traiting.

DD gives thieves the option of actively negating damage (tons of evade when traited) AND a rather acceptable way of cleansing conditions (imagine how many condis a guard would cleanse FOR you with WW xD?). Not to mention that dodges don’t remove cap contribution meaning that thieves that want to avoid damage/cleanse AND hold a point 1v1 are capable of doing so. Are specs like reaper deadly as balls? Sure, but I’ve seen enough DDs humiliate a reaper in melee range to know that DD may not fit into the current meta, but they’re plenty strong.

Personally, I can only see positives coming from my swapping a trait line out for DD and DH respectively.

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Pay to be competitive?
As I don’t think any of the vanilla thief builds will be viable in hot without DD.
Not quite sure about D/P, they might still make it.

Btw @ OP – nice video =)

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

So…

Like HoT?

HoT is a mixed basket.

In terms of Necro -> Reaper, yes it is Pay-2-Win…I haven’t steam rolled anyone in PvP using a Necro before. Reaper with 100% crit chance and applying 12 stacks of Vulnerability is definitely a definition of pay to win.

Hey, I love DD and DH T.T.

DH gives guard a universal gap closer that immobilizes and heals when traited and looks kitten cool. They also get even smarter usage of their VoC which is just so sweet. I’m on the fence for the VoJ since it only REALLY does something for condi guards and even then, it requires a lot of traiting.

DD gives thieves the option of actively negating damage (tons of evade when traited) AND a rather acceptable way of cleansing conditions (imagine how many condis a guard would cleanse FOR you with WW xD?). Not to mention that dodges don’t remove cap contribution meaning that thieves that want to avoid damage/cleanse AND hold a point 1v1 are capable of doing so. Are specs like reaper deadly as balls? Sure, but I’ve seen enough DDs humiliate a reaper in melee range to know that DD may not fit into the current meta, but they’re plenty strong.

Personally, I can only see positives coming from my swapping a trait line out for DD and DH respectively.

What I’m saying is that these professions are not considered P2W — which implies improvement or overpowered. In the case of DD and DH, they basically remain the same.

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

SlayerSixx.5763

Bow beats scepter every time. THERE SHALL BE NO FURTHER DISCUSSION ON THIS TOPIC.

Whether relying on stealth or evades to cleanse condis and avoid damage is more efficient has yet to be seen, but with all of the reveal and how stealth won’t stop that reaper or tempest from aoeing you to kingdom come my bet is on the evades providing a more powerful impact. Simply put, DD gives thieves the tools they need to actually tango with an enemy that core thief does not. May not be overpowered, but almost seems mandatory.

I suppose my opinion just isn’t shared by the rest of you guys, ah well.

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I wasn’t ready for that lol.

On the p2w subject this will happen every time a new expansion come so better learn from this one.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Hello Mr Buzz Killington, how was your day?

It was okay. Not many Buzzes today to kill.

How as your day Mr. Doggie?

The original P2W actually was Cable Internet vs 56k Dial Up.

I remember those days…. Where having friends call you was a liability… and so they disappeared…

On the subject of p2w though, even if you consider these classes as clear advantages (for w/e personal reason) I doubt they will last long before they garb the cash and beat em down with a nerf bat. ;D

Pay to be competitive?
As I don’t think any of the vanilla thief builds will be viable in hot without DD.
Not quite sure about D/P, they might still make it.

Btw @ OP – nice video =)

Eh kind of close I guess, though it’s more of a power-creep/balance issue really…

Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Bow beats scepter every time. THERE SHALL BE NO FURTHER DISCUSSION ON THIS TOPIC.

Whether relying on stealth or evades to cleanse condis and avoid damage is more efficient has yet to be seen, but with all of the reveal and how stealth won’t stop that reaper or tempest from aoeing you to kingdom come my bet is on the evades providing a more powerful impact. Simply put, DD gives thieves the tools they need to actually tango with an enemy that core thief does not. May not be overpowered, but almost seems mandatory.

I suppose my opinion just isn’t shared by the rest of you guys, ah well.

You see, based on ArenaNet’s history, the new stuff might look good right now until they hit it with a nerf bat — after that, there shouldn’t be any argument about HoT being P2W, instead it would be “Buyer’s Remorse”.

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

SlayerSixx.5763

Stop trying to crush my dreams you kittens T.T. Bow gerdian and jumpteef op.

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

lol, sure, I hope you have enough dodges to evade the nerf bat. :P

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Oh we’re not trying to crush your dreams….

We’re just telling you that they will be crushed by ANet’s nerf bat…

:D We’re actually very nice people warning you about the things ahead.

Join the TEEFs!

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Posted by: Arctarius.2649

Arctarius.2649

Lmao that origional post holds so much truth for the current thief.

Thief's fate (Video)

in Thief

Posted by: Nefejrangh.2584

Nefejrangh.2584

I’m glad you liked the video, let’s hope for HoT :|