Thief's skill: 'thieves guild'

in Thief

Posted by: Illuminati.2394

Illuminati.2394

The skill ‘thieves guild’ summons two thieves to fight for you for a limited duration. From your point of view they are each called ‘thief’, and normally they are called the same from the point of view of your enemies. But under certain circumstances, from your enemies’ point of view they are called your name instead.

I have personally seen this so many times, especially in world versus world because I spend most of my time there.

Does anyone know under what circumstances their names would change to yours? It is very hard to test it myself because I play alone without any friends (from my point of view their names do not change). My guess is if you summon your thiefs when you are stealthed. But I might be wrong. Hope someone could give a definite answer to us all BYEEEE

in Thief

Posted by: Snuff.4172

Snuff.4172

what you do is you roll a mesmer.

Snuffeh – 80 Thief
http://youtu.be/YdBrhUNcbkM

in Thief

Posted by: Total Barrage.3570

Total Barrage.3570

Try going to mesmer boards as apparently you’ve fought against mesmer and not a thief.

However it would be nice if the thieves guild would take your name and look like you plus would have some actual AI not to stand in huge AOE etc

in Thief

Illuminati.2394

The significance of this is that thief can be a semi-mesmer. The first time I encountered it I was so confused because it is even harder to tell which one is the real one than mesmers can pull off. I also use this ‘trick’ myself to confuse my enemies so that they always attack the wrong target.

in Thief

Illuminati.2394

By the way I have played all the classes in the game except necromancer so please do not patronise me…

in Thief

Posted by: metaphorm.6904

metaphorm.6904

yeah, this doen’t actually happen. they are always called Thief. no idea what you’re talking about.

in Thief

Posted by: Aelexe.1307

Aelexe.1307

I’ve seen this myself, the man is not crazy! Or we both are…

in Thief

Posted by: Pimpslapper.2047

Pimpslapper.2047

The thieves are fine, no need to have them called by your name. They are super as they are.

in Thief

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

I have personally seen this so many times, especially in world versus world because I spend most of my time there.

Well that’s interesting since enemies can’t see your name in WvW. They are called “<servername> invader/defender” in WvW I think, which is indeed the same as they’d see in place of your name.

in Thief

Posted by: Zunhar.4079

Zunhar.4079

^^^
This man wins.

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

In WvW, the extra thieves are called “<servername> beast”, like a ranger pet, as far as I’ve seen. In combat, however, that can still be confusing to an enemy.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief