Thief skill change proposal

in Thief

Posted by: bettadenu.5483

bettadenu.5483

I’ve been giving it some thought and usually posts like these contain ideas that are so overpowered it’s ridiculous.

Here’s my suggestion for a fun and balanced change and i’ll start off with traps.

Needle Trap: retain the line area, instead of a single use make it act like line of warding. Whenever someone walks over the line he is immobilized. When the trap is first triggered it lasts for 3 seconds triggering immobilize every time an enemy walks over it.

This makes it act like a line of warding except its a condition rather than a knockback (or in that fashion)

Tripwire would act the same way but i’d balance it to a maximum of 2-3 knockdowns everytime an enemy moves over it (If you stand still after the first knockdown then nothing happens similar to slick shoes).

Shadow Trap: keep cast time, increase regeneration duration if destroyed early. If triggered by enemy (shadow pursuit) then it stays active for 12 seconds with a cooldown of 4 seconds. This allows the Thief to use Shadow pursuit multiple times effectively ’’haunting’’ its target for 12 seconds. (reduce might gained though).

This opens up Thief area denial.

Venoms:

All venoms should have a duration rather than a charge, and have a % to trigger on hit rather than critical. With a balanced internal cooldown to prevent stacking.

Example: Spider Venom lasts 20 seconds recharge 45 seconds. 20% chance on hit to trigger.

Now Scorpion Wire: faster projectile more reliable, steals 1 boon and shares with allies around you.

Now Stealth and Skills.

Stealth attacks for #2 #3 #4 #5 too!

We shouldnt just #1 whenever we are in stealth, we could use some variety in our skills without adding every weapon to our kitten nal in the game.

Example: Thief is stealthed #1 turns into Backstab, #2 turns into Disrupting Stab: quick dazing stab if below 50% hp and vulnerability above 50%.

By adding additional stealth attacks, Thieves now truly have to respond to the situation with the proper stealth attack. Your offensive Backstab might have to be delayed by a well placed interrupt for example. You will have to decide now if you want damage or something else entirely depending on the fight.

(edited by bettadenu.5483)

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

All of this is OP because it benefits the thief.