Thief Thoughts

Thief Thoughts

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Flanking Strikes- Perma Evade. Yup
Choking Gas- Gas can crit, I better be able to one shot lowbies.
Panic Strike- Lul.. Why was it even changed. So I suppose warriors are the only class allowed to have OP immob abilities (Pin down)
Black Powder- This will stop nothing
Richochet- Lul cool. So where’s my shortbow 1200 range again?
Invigorating Precision- Cool now it’s better on parr with SoM (Which are both horrible)
Flanking into Larcenous Strike- Now i understand the whole stopping the perma evade meta with S/D. But the problem wasn’t S/D’s fault 100%. There were no acknowledgements to acro tree. But yet, we’ll still be able to perma evade if we don’t hit a target via flanking strikes.
-I for one am not a big promoter of flanking strikes, or evasion thief to begin with. I am a Crit strikes Thief.

But even though i was abit satisfied with the change to larc strike, i was unhappy with the fact that Anet did not target the real problem. The Acro line.

These changes to Thief were un-needed, and unnecessary. If all we had were minor fixes rather than buff/s or nerfs, I’d be fine. Thief was in a good spot. Now it’s as if they’re aiming to get all the Thieves in gw2 on the Condi Aid’s bandwagon.

I will be logging on alot less frequently if these changes go through. Maybe even hang up my daggers “So to speak”. my 4800+ on Thief (Only toon on my account) hours will go in vein.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

Thief Thoughts

in Thief

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

It seriously nerfs the ability to automaticaly stomp people in a blindfield.

Thief Thoughts

in Thief

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

i just think that devs don’t really know what to do and probably they are not able to do something.
This game is too much lore oriented. I can’t even say pve- oriented since most pve mechanics are craps aswell (atleast it’s what i read on forum, didnt play it too much i don’t like gw2 pve to be honest).
They nerf here and there just to stop the kid crowd crying and nothing else.
That’s why instead of real balance and addressing real issues you will see this kind of nerfs/fix/patches.
And even when they will try to do something it will be too late.
PIty becouse this game seemed nice.

Thief Thoughts

in Thief

Posted by: Meridian.8730

Meridian.8730

It’s possible all the balance fixes and patches meant for this game are accidentally being put into other NCsoft titles instead, like wildstar…

…because nothing good seems to be happening to certain classes (thief) in GW2 for like two years now…

Thief Thoughts

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Who uses blind to stomp when anybody and their mom can stop you because you’re out in the open? Use stealth stomp and completely prevent anybody from stopping you. It won’t end the complaints sir, it won’t.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Thief Thoughts

in Thief

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

Who uses blind to stomp when anybody and their mom can stop you because you’re out in the open? Use stealth stomp and completely prevent anybody from stopping you. It won’t end the complaints sir, it won’t.

Stealth stomp is countered by aoe cc like reaper’s mark or one of the engi pushbacks, black powder isnt.

(edited by Mayama.1854)

Thief Thoughts

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Stealth stomp is countered by aoe cc like reaper’s mark or one of the engi pushbacks, black powder isnt.

Yes, but that CC from a 3rd party will still hit you unless the other guy is dumb enough to run into the blind field before trying to CC you. Black powder only really helps you against the downed skills of whatever you’re trying to stomp, like a guardian’s knockback for example.

If you’re in a group fight, a combination of stealth and shadowstep stomps are still the best way to go.

On topic: Yup, pretty much what the OP said, most of the changes weren’t needed. I’m still confused about the flanking strike change in particular, since it will solve zero problems with the set and people will still QQ about it, but hey. I’ll take being able to dodge ridiculously through multiple arrow cart fields if that’s what they give me.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

(edited by Jugglemonkey.8741)

Thief Thoughts

in Thief

Posted by: Platanos.8107

Platanos.8107

I don’t know if I missed my bp on a guardian before, but I’m pretty sure he was either really lucky or was good at timing his downed 1 to remove the blind and then used Wave of Light to push me back. I was like qqwtf guardians op.

Thief Thoughts

in Thief

Posted by: darres.8203

darres.8203

well, once again that jsut goes to show the devs are singling the thieves out
other classes still have stabily stomp, invuln stomp, distortion stomp, fistform stomp

and even aegis stomp

they’ve gone balls deep to nerf thieves and everybody knows it.

and what’s wrong with having a class that’s good at stomping down targets?
every class is good at something

Thief Thoughts

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

well, once again that jsut goes to show the devs are singling the thieves out
other classes still have stabily stomp, invuln stomp, distortion stomp, fistform stomp

and even aegis stomp

they’ve gone balls deep to nerf thieves and everybody knows it.

and what’s wrong with having a class that’s good at stomping down targets?
every class is good at something

You can still stealth stomp even without blind on stealth BP+HS is already what D/P is supposed to do. S/P and P/P can dps a downed target without little to none intake damage (blind and evade) even CnD stomp has counters.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Thief Thoughts

in Thief

darres.8203

I know about bp + hs
i just prefer blind stomp because why + another heartseeker when I can already use blind.

what i’m trying to say is, if down state is why they’re nerfing blinding powder then
it is quite absurd.
In fact, i can’t find a single good reason why blinding powder needs to be nerfed
beside the devs’ soul crushing crusade to run run thieves into the ground.

Thief Thoughts

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I know about bp + hs
i just prefer blind stomp because why + another heartseeker when I can already use blind.

what i’m trying to say is, if down state is why they’re nerfing blinding powder then
it is quite absurd.
In fact, i can’t find a single good reason why blinding powder needs to be nerfed
beside the devs’ soul crushing crusade to run run thieves into the ground.

Well from my personal point of view the change is minor to pve if mobs attack that much then zerk wouldn’t be the to go to set,minor to www I’m not sure who runs D/P Trickery(300 condition damage) in there but to me SA is needed for D/P thus comes 6/6/2/0/0 if you want more damage the whole must make steal strong through Trickery is just so wrong to me with that set, pvp maybe we’ll see other mindsets and it will not always be about conquest which is why some don’t prefer some builds.

D/P is one of the two thief power set that can use valkyrie gear most effective with 6 SA or just 6/6/2 instead of 2/6/0/0/6 (which I wish no one ever taught of) it might make DA more attractive or some will just stick to Trickery…. Not all changes are mentioned or definitive.feedback is considered until the actual changes happen so worrying about a blind stomp is the last thing I could care about thief state right now I’m more into diversity.

Nerfing the most used and improving the less used seems to be their way of creating diversity but to me that’s the only thing that got player attention so far ask how many guard want to see spirit weapons viable and nerf of their meta builds… With the whole not balanced around 1v1 mindset I’m never surprised by changes.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Thief Thoughts

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Oh wow, I didn’t expect a nice discussion. Thanks for the love, but I mean D/P in my perspective that is a minor nerf. For you people who main D/P, it really isn’t too big a problem in my perspective as well. I main S/D, and #3 isn’t a problem for me, because i tend to use CnD alot more.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

Thief Thoughts

in Thief

darres.8203

Nerfing the most used and improving the less used seems to be their way of creating diversity but to me that’s the only thing that got player attention so far ask how many guard want to see spirit weapons viable and nerf of their meta builds… With the whole not balanced around 1v1 mindset I’m never surprised by changes.

you’re right, my thief does run 6 in SA with the D/P build
although I don’t think it’s a good way to increase diversity by nerfing something
so essential, instead they should make something else more appealing.

and to those who thinks the increase interval of blind application is a not big deal…hmm…

you couldn’t be more wrong

it’s almost like cutting the thief’s defense by half because it now takes twice as long
for next blind to kick in

I mean you don’t fight an ele inside his lava tomb right?
nor a mesmer inside his chaos dome
nor an engi on top of his bajillion turrets
so why would u fight a thief inside his blind powder?

the point is, you’re suppose to draw the thief out of the powder field or reach in there with a longer weapon.
The incoming nerf that increases the integral to 2 seconds, will render it almost useless.
An enemy can jsut fight the thief while standing inside of it.