Thief to Thief rage pm.

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

How I cherish those rage pm moment, especially from fellow thief mains. I got a rather humorous one earlier this week while playing in a practice spvp arena on my carrion build.

It was a rage pm from another thief that died rather quickly to me, following his death the salt was real,…..“u are trash, condi crutch thief,” “learn to crutch, lol”

The irony was he died to a backstab, steal bewildering ambush, shadow shot, heart seeker combo while I was playing in dagger pistol. Only conditions he had was a blind, a poison, and 5 stacks of confusion.

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

How I cherish those rage pm moment, especially from fellow thief mains. I got a rather humorous one earlier this week while playing in a practice spvp arena on my carrion build.

It was a rage pm from another thief that died rather quickly to me, following his death the salt was real,…..“u are trash, condi crutch thief,” “learn to crutch, lol”

The irony was he died to a backstab, steal bewildering ambush, shadow shot, heart seeker combo while I was playing in dagger pistol. Only conditions he had was a blind, a poison, and 5 stacks of confusion.

He probably wasn’t a thief main.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Xtinct.7031

yea…that is likely. because no shadow step to remove anything, the kid basically killed himself trying to counter pressure me while blinded.

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

I had a pretty funny one the other day.

It happens that the guy casted Shadow Refugee with very little HP left, so I proceed to cleave with my dagger around in order to finish him up. So I move a couple steps forward and BANG! My fire sigil procs. I know I have downed him on the spot. So I continue to cleave riight there. After a few seconds I know he shadowstepped away using his downed skill, so I continue to move around and oh geez, my sigil procs again. I don’t know if ya’ll have noticed, but when fire sigil procs on a invisible enemy, it still leaves a charred floor effect, effectibly pointing at the location of the enemy. I now know exactly where he is, so I stand my ground and kill him. A few seconds later the stealth finally wears off and there he lays dead. He then goes like:

-“That was bullkitten. I will let it pass this time you exploiter kitten, but next time I’m going to report you”.

To what I quickly replay: “I’ll talk to you later”. Because somebody else was coming to the point.
He then proceeds to call me hacker on map chat.

After the match, I PM the guy: “Hey, it was just my fire sigil haha, etc, etc”.
- “Shut up hacker. Reported.” – and blocks me.

I was like, oh, ok.

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Kinda weird for pretty much any Thief build to die 1v1 to a Condi Thief, especially if it was instantly.

I had a pretty funny one the other day.

It happens that the guy casted Shadow Refugee with very little HP left, so I proceed to cleave with my dagger around in order to finish him up. So I move a couple steps forward and BANG! My fire sigil procs. I know I have downed him on the spot. So I continue to cleave riight there. After a few seconds I know he shadowstepped away using his downed skill, so I continue to move around and oh geez, my sigil procs again. I don’t know if ya’ll have noticed, but when fire sigil procs on a invisible enemy, it still leaves a charred floor effect, effectibly pointing at the location of the enemy. I now know exactly where he is, so I stand my ground and kill him. A few seconds later the stealth finally wears off and there he lays dead. He then goes like:

-“That was bullkitten. I will let it pass this time you exploiter kitten, but next time I’m going to report you”.

To what I quickly replay: “I’ll talk to you later”. Because somebody else was coming to the point.
He then proceeds to call me hacker on map chat.

After the match, I PM the guy: “Hey, it was just my fire sigil haha, etc, etc”.
- “Shut up hacker. Reported.” – and blocks me.

I was like, oh, ok.

You can just follow your auto attack chain~ I swing my dagger around like a rabid animal most of the time and kill dozens of Thieves while in stealth~ especially those silly D/P Thieves who I can stab right away by hitting where their heartseeker is gonna land and following them around via auto chain.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: Lady Minuit.3186

Lady Minuit.3186

I’m not a fan of trash talk. I usually play offline, knowing people get personal sometimes for no good reason.

But hearing other people’s story is funny.

Lady Minuit

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

When people trash talk the best thing you can do is just reply with “ok” to everything they say. I learned this from a guildmate and it works wonders.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: HandsomeGentleman.9576

HandsomeGentleman.9576

Is this Yung Slice talking? XD

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Xtinct.7031

Is this Yung Slice talking? XD

lol, nah bro. It’s Dehtd. rumor is im also Beyond B.

(edited by Xtinct.7031)

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: Lady Minuit.3186

Lady Minuit.3186

When people trash talk the best thing you can do is just reply with “ok” to everything they say. I learned this from a guildmate and it works wonders.

Sounds like a good trick. I’ll try that for when I forget my offline.

Lady Minuit

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I usually just say meow.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: Ink.9058

Ink.9058

‘beep boop’ is another good response.

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Make sure to say “that’s cute” or just “cute” every so often.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

I usually am very polite than add “kiddo” at the end.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

I usually am very polite than add “kiddo” at the end.

Sometimes I would ask them how they feel, are they mad, and if they’re okay.

Join the TEEFs!

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Xtinct.7031

I try not to dignify a response, but when I do its mostly. “U Mad Bro?” and then I get blocked .

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

‘beep boop’ is another good response.

oh i knew that one (in)famous underwear model thief that loved to send similar whispers~

as for topic: never got such whispers from other thieves (maybe because i run executioner/trickery in pvp and wvw)… do get hate whispers from other classes on daily basis though… no point to respond unless i am in a troll mood

the best one is always
enemy: you are <insert a lot of slur here>
me: well if i am that bad and all and killed you, what does it make you?

usually forces them shut up ;D

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

My favorite response is to link “friendship shell”.
It’s usually followed by people blocking me though :’(

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Link packet of salt for every response.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

Yep, works like a charm!

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

oh i need to get one of those…. what about bag of cumin?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

I’ve actually upgrade to a stack of runes of rage to PM people. Is it 17g I wasted? Yes. Is it worth every penny? Also yes.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

@Helly, that is pure beauty. May have to use that
If you wanna start some real fireworks from their end just type “play better”, sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

I’ve actually upgrade to a stack of runes of rage to PM people. Is it 17g I wasted? Yes. Is it worth every penny? Also yes.

Yeah… at that point the packet of salt/stack of runes, at least I, they would probably clue in that you’re trolling them…

Rather carry on the conversation with:
“mmhmm”
“yup”
“that’s cute”
“you sound mad, you okay?”
“mmhhmmm”
“bombastic”
“yup”
“enjoy your day!”
<who the hell did i just talk to?>

Join the TEEFs!

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

i just respond “lol”

[SA]

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: nightblood.7910

nightblood.7910

I reckt a thief on my thief in unranked.

His response in say was “lol so bad.” “Try hard”

It was rather funny as Im setting there wondering if he was talking about himself getting recked or me somehow as I stand over top of his dead body while I cap the point.

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

i just respond “lol”

mmhmm

Join the TEEFs!

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: TheMurkMuffin.8213

TheMurkMuffin.8213

Or you can respond via emotes.

Kaliabell – 80 Norn Reaper
-Retired Thief

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: LobsterKing.7296

LobsterKing.7296

I learned on Dark Souls that “YOU DIED” is the most appropriate response to anyone raging over how cheap is your build or whatever.

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

I learned on Dark Souls that “YOU DIED” is the most appropriate response to anyone raging over how cheap is your build or whatever.

I wish that would happen on here. :C

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: oEnvy.3064

oEnvy.3064

condi thieves are scrubs anyway

Thief
twitch.tv/bey0ndb

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Xtinct.7031

condi thieves are scrubs anyway

zing!

now all we need is for puglife to chime.

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Best response ever is to say “have a nice day” or “how terrific”, in the event they specifically say scrub you must reply “ty for the compliment!!!!!!!!!!”

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

[&AgF5LwAAAA==] Link code for packet of salt. You’re welcome.

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: Loki.8793

Loki.8793

I normally play d/p thief, as I’ve done since beta. Lately I’ve been getting bored with d/p’s playstyle so I decided to try s/d for a change of pace.

Yesterday I was playing mostly in hotjoin for fun. During this time, I occasionally fought another thief and ended up winning most of the 1v1s. After a few wins, they would rage at me in map chat saying how I’m horrible and then ragequit. Trying to mail them showed me they blocked me. This happened 6 times.

I never said anything, I literally just won a few fights, got raged at, and then was instablocked. I found this odd as people normally never block me, even when I’m being a total troll. And in 1 day, 6 random people blocked me for no reason other than they lost to another thief.

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Xtinct.7031

I normally play d/p thief, as I’ve done since beta. Lately I’ve been getting bored with d/p’s playstyle so I decided to try s/d for a change of pace.

Yesterday I was playing mostly in hotjoin for fun. During this time, I occasionally fought another thief and ended up winning most of the 1v1s. After a few wins, they would rage at me in map chat saying how I’m horrible and then ragequit. Trying to mail them showed me they blocked me. This happened 6 times.

I never said anything, I literally just won a few fights, got raged at, and then was instablocked. I found this odd as people normally never block me, even when I’m being a total troll. And in 1 day, 6 random people blocked me for no reason other than they lost to another thief.

Must be doing something right with that s/d build.

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Best one I’ve gotten was when I was playing 66200 d/d in WvW, and got a 15k Backstab against a ranger who had literally no time to react cause of bassilisk venom. He died in the mug→CnD→Backstab combo, and whispered me “You scrub, stop using perma stealth like a little noob. Only people with not skill will stay in stealth the whole fight.”
I was blocked, but he sent me another message, “just wait until my son gets on, he is a professional PvPer and will wipe your scrubby little kitten across the floor as soon as you come out of stealth.”
This all happened on Monday, and I couldn’t stop laughing

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

One day I killed someone in-game.

They didn’t like getting killed in-game so they got mad.

Because they were mad about getting killed in-game, they said mean stuff to me.

Since the stuff they said to me was mean, I didn’t like it, so I said stuff back to them and told myself “ha!”.

They didn’t like what I said back to them, so they said more mean stuff to me.

I thought the mean stuff they said was stupid, so I told them so.

They didn’t like me saying they were stupid so they said I was stupid.

I then told them they were stupider because I was using logic.

They told me “nuh uh” and claimed they were using logic.

I didn’t like that so I started to say mean things.

Then Sebrent came along and killed us both because we were too busy typing angrily to each other and Sebrent didn’t care. A kill is a kill.

I tried to say mean things to Sebrent, but the game said I was blocked.
I asked the stupid guy if he could say mean things to Sebrent but he said he was blocked too.

Now I’m mad because I want to say mean things to Sebrent but I can’t. He obviously had no skill since he killed me while I was busy with important stuff like telling the stupid guy that he was stupid for calling me stupid.

… and so on …

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/online_gaming

I hope I’m not being too obtuse about how I feel about these types of threads …

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

@Sebrent

Well, I think it’s to vent and to coop with their ego being hurt by having like minded people say “yes X is cheap, and we know it”.

They also typically separate themselves from the “whiteknights of X” since it doesn’t help with what they’re trying to get out of the thread.

Oh and some are just on some weird zealous crusade.

Very rarely, almost once in a blue moon, does someone come along to actually voice their concern without coming off as above. There’s been like a handful of incidents like that, out of hundreds or thousands of what I’ve described above.

Oddly enough, each (aside from the crusader) is pretty correct about what they’re voicing, that is they represent a portion of players that are unable to deal with “X” for whatever reason. It’s not to say, however that there’s many of them in the whole game and since we don’t know exactly how many, if there’s more than a majority/substantial amount, of these players it’s hard to say how the game is actually impacted by this terrible “X”.

:D

Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

Thief to Thief rage pm.

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/online_gaming

I hope I’m not being too obtuse about how I feel about these types of threads …

Tl;DR version: Cant-be-kittened-to-give-a-kitten

Attachments:

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.