Thief venom support

Thief venom support

in Thief

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQNAsYVlYmKN3aS0E/5EC3DLEqeKvCkl2jbqBjJA

This is an unconventional build for thiefs but it maximizes the group effectiveness of the class in a WvW setting. This build is best utilized by inviting 4 well necros to your party to give them priority with the buffs their Wells will ensure that no enemy takes two hits from Basilisk venom since that does not appear to stack duration. with this build you give your 4 party members + 1 random player 8 stacks of might about 1600 healing the first hit 1200 healing the 2nd 800 for the 3rd and 4th hit and 400 healing for the 5th and 6th hit since these will all hit at once when the necro drops his well the first round of buff wont do much good in the healing due to them being at full HP still but the second and later rounds will heal for near full HP if they remain within range for the buff. These benefits are all nice but the real power from the buff comes from the core of the venoms Skale venom gives 13 seconds of 1 stack of vulnerability (ok so not great) and then 6.5 seconds of torment Devourer venom immobilizes for 2.5 seconds Spider venom is 7.75 seconds of poison and 5.25 seconds of weakness and basilisk venom is 1.5 seconds of stun.

now a skilled team good at running with this theif would use these to push straight into the enemy in a tight cluster knowing these debuffs on top of their normal well damage and debuffs would disable a good portion of the enemy team as soon as the first well is dropped the theif would steal from an enemy in the front with his increased steal range which resets all the venoms. the theif would then reapply all the venoms again giving healing which would now be needed and another 8 stacks of might allowing for them to use any weapon skill aoe they have equipped or a well they left in reserve for the second round of venom.

as for gear you would choose typically choose healing vit tough if you were invested in this build or remain in the gear for your standard build if you choose not to invest in this

note this build also works well partying with greatsword/hammer warriors. it also remains effective if you choose not to party with specific players/classes it simply loses its overkill status.

Thief venom support

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

did some changes to your build

also can be roamer just change to shadow rejuvenation and some utilities

the trick is to use venum after the first burst when all the condition clear skills where used and then burst with your team

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQNAqYVlYmKN3aS0E/5EB3DjC1n6V4raPupNjJA-j0BB4iCi0Cgk0AZSFRjtKsIasKZER1KlYSBAzyK-w

if you and 4 necros usnig tainted shackles it will be huge torment burst which give about 20 stacks to 1 player so i guess in average 12 stacks

Thief venom support

in Thief

Posted by: Walker.3056

Walker.3056

I used a build almost as your a while back in spvp, not very good 1v1, unless i have thieves guild out of cd to share the venons, but in team fights it just owns… imobilize to everyones attack is fuking awesome and i was using d/p not s/d.
Fun build no doubt

Thief venom support

in Thief

Rangerdeity.5847

did some changes to your build

also can be roamer just change to shadow rejuvenation and some utilities

the trick is to use venum after the first burst when all the condition clear skills where used and then burst with your team

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQNAqYVlYmKN3aS0E/5EB3DjC1n6V4raPupNjJA-j0BB4iCi0Cgk0AZSFRjtKsIasKZER1KlYSBAzyK-w

yah you can roam with it but you might as well tweak some traits to go for defense instead of venoms but your changes are pretty illogical why get rid of improvisation for a 20% venom CD reduction stealth CD is 35 seconds while venom is normaly 45 this trait puts venom CD at 36 seconds a second longer than if you just used stealth but with my version at the start of the fight you get to use venom twice in a row once to give your team the advantage in the offensive burst and force all the condition removal skills to be used and then once to reapply all the conditions they removed the first time. the other two changes you made are personal and would work just as well as what i had those really are effected by play style. as for the tainted shackle skill suggestion on the necro i personally recommend blinding well with chilling darkness trait it wont bring out the extra damage stacks of torment but it will further debilitate the enemy zerg reducing their damage to almost zero. which given a few strong offensive warriors and a single good offensive necro (which could be the same necro that drops the blinding well if they are built for well of suffering damage and axe skills)

Thief venom support

in Thief

Rangerdeity.5847

I used a build almost as your a while back in spvp, not very good 1v1, unless i have thieves guild out of cd to share the venons, but in team fights it just owns… imobilize to everyones attack is fuking awesome and i was using d/p not s/d.
Fun build no doubt

theives guild…… why did i not think of that that would be unstoppable in a duel

Thief venom support

in Thief

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

The funny thing is…a Warrior Berzerker stance will counter your two grandmaster traits. LOL…wait this isn’t funny.

Thief venom support

in Thief

Rangerdeity.5847

The funny thing is…a Warrior Berzerker stance will counter your two grandmaster traits. LOL…wait this isn’t funny.

if even one of those necros in the thiefs party are running a build similar to what i run on my necro http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQUQRBHRhG2IkWlemmoGDfiA6x7rlzieUshtMqCrD-jECBoiFRjmiIgUGRORqIasFOFRjVXDT5iIq2grIa1SBwuuK-w i DARE the warrior to take an offensive stance and once his stance is over and the thief reapplies venoms if that warrior is even still standing he will be roflstomped that second wave of venoms is what will really make the build not the first impact

Thief venom support

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

I have almost the same build
Mug instead of venom strength (i like the healing)
Long reach instead of thrill of crime for chasing purpose
Quick venoms instead of improvisation (don’t like RNG)

I use S/P and D/D

But after reading your text, i might try out improvisation .. though don’t you only have 20% chance of it triggering venom recharge?

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

(edited by Gwalchgwn.1659)

Thief venom support

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

your changes are pretty illogical why get rid of improvisation for a 20% venom CD reduction stealth CD is 35 seconds while venom is normaly 45 this trait puts venom CD at 36 seconds a second longer than if you just used stealth but with my version at the start of the fight you get to use venom twice in a row once to give your team the advantage in the offensive burst and force all the condition removal skills to be used and then once to reapply all the conditions they removed the first time.

improvisation is random with 20% success to charge venom so its depends if you like 36 seconds for sure or not get lucky and w8 for 45 seconds

Thief venom support

in Thief

Rangerdeity.5847

improvisation is random with 20% success to charge venom so its depends if you like 36 seconds for sure or not get lucky and w8 for 45 seconds

no its 100% i tested it there was a bug up until recently where devour venom and drake venom being on CD would prevent it from working all together but that was fixed within 24 hours of me reporting it if all 4 venoms are on CD as they should be and you use improv they will instantly come off guaranteed

Thief venom support

in Thief

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

if even one of those necros in the thiefs party are running a build similar to what i run on my necro http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQUQRBHRhG2IkWlemmoGDfiA6x7rlzieUshtMqCrD-jECBoiFRjmiIgUGRORqIasFOFRjVXDT5iIq2grIa1SBwuuK-w i DARE the warrior to take an offensive stance and once his stance is over and the thief reapplies venoms if that warrior is even still standing he will be roflstomped that second wave of venoms is what will really make the build not the first impact

Err…where did I mention a necro in my post…

Thief venom support

in Thief

Rangerdeity.5847

Err…where did I mention a necro in my post…

did you just look at the build itself without reading how to use it? you use it in a party full of necro to give your aoe classes the venoms the thief himself is powerless the effect is to magnify the effect of 4 necro or warriors nothing more nothing less its not for roaming its not for special ops its not for pve its not for mists its for WvW zerg vs zerg action