Thief vs Mesmer PvE Damage Test Video

in Thief

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

I have a thief Denial Flow and a mesmer Deenial and use the thief for pvp and mesmer for pve. They are both over lvl 20 in fractals for farming purposes and was wondering the damage difference. Playing, i see the mesmer doing alot more damage more constantly than my thief.

My thief is in mainly zerker gear with ascended. Sitting at around 90% crit damage. Its not the perfect build but its just tanky enough to survive a few hits in the fractals.

The mesmer is alot more tankier, and has crit damage around 70%, with crit chance below 40%, yet the damage numbers are more impressive.

So for my own piece of mind i watched a video of each side by side, and thought i would upload it so other people can see. Its only 30 seconds long, but it is quite interesting to see. Both are not being played to there absolute top spec, and the thief has more damage gear.

I think pistol whip damage needs to be returned since our pve damage is alot lower than other classes. If i took thieves guild and ambush trap, i could improve the thief dps abit, but not close to what the mesmer is putting out without using many utilities.

Watch in high quality to see the damage bubbles.

in Thief

Posted by: DatPieGuy.6540

DatPieGuy.6540

one thing I noticed is that you’re using s/p, which might be why you think thief does less damage. If you run d/d, which is the highest dps set for thief, you would most likely end up with more dps on a single target

in Thief

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

Hi, wolffield, you are playing the thief competly wrong for damage output, becuse thief are actually the proffesion which most (SINGLETARGET) damage in the game, don’t even think that hb warrriors do more damage, d/d thief full dps (5 scholar + 1 dinvity + traited right and fully geared with ascended outdps anything if played correctly. But a rule of thumb you will die 1/5 as fast as you kill if you stand there and let they test. Il rate the damage of diffrent proffesions (only shure about some tough btw direct damage)

1. Thief dual dagger.
2. Warrior greatsword.
3. Rifle/grenade engineer??
4. Elementalist.
5 Guardian GS / Scepter + Mesmer shatter (around same dps)
7. necromancer (axe mainhhand)
8. ranger at the end Greatsword

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Use daggers. S/P sucks bad against anything besides melee trash and soloing stuff.

d/d thief full dps (5 scholar + 1 dinvity

sorry but that’s just bad. If you want to make that good, just go 6 scholar. There’s no reason why someone should not take that flat 10% extra damage. If you’re only doing it for the power then go 6 orbs and be 10x better than that terrible rune set up.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

in Thief

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Hi, wolffield, you are playing the thief competly wrong for damage output, becuse thief are actually the proffesion which most (SINGLETARGET) damage in the game, don’t even think that hb warrriors do more damage, d/d thief full dps (5 scholar + 1 dinvity + traited right and fully geared with ascended outdps anything if played correctly. But a rule of thumb you will die 1/5 as fast as you kill if you stand there and let they test. Il rate the damage of diffrent proffesions (only shure about some tough btw direct damage)

1. Thief dual dagger.
2. Warrior greatsword.
3. Rifle/grenade engineer??
4. Elementalist.
5 Guardian GS / Scepter + Mesmer shatter (around same dps)
7. necromancer (axe mainhhand)
8. ranger at the end Greatsword

One word: Buffs. With buffs, Ele is at least on par with thief. If you can push your enemy against a wall, Ele outdps everything by pressing one button every 10 sec.

And without buffs, warriors win. No argument here. The only reason an other class can compete with warrior dps is, bc a warrior buffs them.

And yes, this runesetup is terribad.

in Thief

Big Tower.5423

Hell no….. Ele match a thief ? dreaming??? Of course some ele attacks hit harder but we an do it mutch more frecently, same with hb warriors. We dosnt have the strongest attack but we do it more often adds our dps past them. and no this rune setup is not bad, its the best rune setup in the game right now…..

in Thief

Molch.2078

Thor.
Skill 1: 9k; 9k; 12k – no cd

FGS.
Skill 3: 25-40k. – 5 sec cd
Skill 4: 100-120k (no joke) – 10 sec cd
Skill 1: 3.5-4k – no cd

Sure?

And for the runes: How do you justify the loss of 10% damage for one divinity rune?

(edited by Molch.2078)

in Thief

Big Tower.5423

Well In a burst 6 scholar is best, but in substained damage you wont stay up at 90 % with the low hp pool of thieves for too long. simply.

Past 15 k crits every 3 second is way better than 30 k every 6 second, if you add the c&d + the Heartseekers at low health thief actually passes the warrior damage.

in Thief

Molch.2078

It’s not the runes problem when you can’t stay at 100% health most of the time.

And I never said, that warriors deal more damage. I said ele.

in Thief

Big Tower.5423

No ele cant macth it sry, they got huger crits but they got recharges mutch longer, And i cant stay at 100 % when i get attacked by enough players/mobs since you cant avoid every single attack….

in Thief

Molch.2078

Which part of

Thor.
Skill 1: 9k; 9k; 12k – no cd
FGS.
Skill 3: 25-40k. – 5 sec cd
Skill 4: 100-120k (no joke) – 10 sec cd
Skill 1: 3.5-4k – no cd

is so hard to understand? Do you avoid this on purpose? Are you just trolling?

(edited by Molch.2078)

in Thief

randomfightfan.4091

Tower, you’re wrong. Ele with fgs hits harder if the target is against a good wall. You know how warrior whirlwinds into the wall for 100b damage? Well their whirl lasts twice as long. Go 3, 4, 3 lightning hammer (if the thing isn’t dead by then) or 4, 3, 2, 1, 3 and your damage will be higher than warrior or thief. The reason people don’t do this is because they’re close minded and don’t want to open their minds to the possibilities of something else working than 4 warriors or 3 warriors 1 thief or replace 1 with a guard.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the other classes are viable too.

in Thief

Big Tower.5423

il write more tomorrow just wait u guys are wrong

in Thief

Big Tower.5423

Hey dear gw2ers, the sitation is like ele is the jack of all trades, no king, but strong in everything, makes ele fully viable and good as the other proffesions. if ele could do 100-120 k damage mutch more would run it and it would get insantly nerfed, and no chance that it can do 120 k. Show me a screen of you doing 120 k and il follow your toughts. but thief got better damage becuse we can do 20 k damage each 3 sec, and 30 k below 25 % hp, ele can beat thief, no doubt in that they are counter of thieves, but in damage we are still supreme over them, but their good side is that if you compare their damage to their survablity to the thief damage and survablity, if you get a together number of that, ele will be best, but if you only count damage thief will rule it defeinivlity. and if you got 100-120 k that got to be on that dungeon boss which let you do tons at him:) So im the one that burst your bubble..

in Thief

randomfightfan.4091

Hey dear gw2ers, the sitation is like ele is the jack of all trades, no king, but strong in everything, makes ele fully viable and good as the other proffesions. if ele could do 100-120 k damage mutch more would run it and it would get insantly nerfed, and no chance that it can do 120 k. Show me a screen of you doing 120 k and il follow your toughts. but thief got better damage becuse we can do 20 k damage each 3 sec, and 30 k below 25 % hp, ele can beat thief, no doubt in that they are counter of thieves, but in damage we are still supreme over them, but their good side is that if you compare their damage to their survablity to the thief damage and survablity, if you get a together number of that, ele will be best, but if you only count damage thief will rule it defeinivlity. and if you got 100-120 k that got to be on that dungeon boss which let you do tons at him:) So im the one that burst your bubble..

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

id like to say i love all the thieves who just attempt to make this into a science to prove their points. its SOOOO much better/farther than the QQrs go to at lengths…. i mean if u have a point this is the way to do it. although you need a better understanding of the scientific method :P and a control etc also i saw many other people attacking in here so hard to guage what is what.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

Use daggers. S/P sucks bad against anything besides melee trash and soloing stuff.

d/d thief full dps (5 scholar + 1 dinvity

sorry but that’s just bad. If you want to make that good, just go 6 scholar. There’s no reason why someone should not take that flat 10% extra damage. If you’re only doing it for the power then go 6 orbs and be 10x better than that terrible rune set up.

ive made it work in pve….using sigils of rage and the quickness skill and the quickness trait amongts other things…..PW is very dungeon viable

in Thief

Molch.2078

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

No paragraphs? Check.
Sentences exceeding the more than 2 lines? Check.
Stating the opposite of reality? Check.
Whorse grammer then myne? Check.
0/10

RIP game 2012-2014

in Thief

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

now replace 800 dmg with 2k or 3k – he wasn’t full zerker
edit: btw it hits about 70 times

Attachments:

[rT]

(edited by Anubarak.3012)