ThiefStealthBrokenMakeRevealLonger

in Thief

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Seriously ArenaNet… Make the REVEALED Last longer than 2 freaking seconds. You only get 2 dodges in this game, while the most powerful class gets constant stealth / highest damage. This should not be allowed in ANY Game ever.
@Colin… As someone who has DAoC under his previous employment, you know that all stealth classes should have a counter a.k.a another class with Detect Hidden, or perma stealth and a no re-stealth in combat scenario. Otherwise you get abuse like the picture below.

I literally dodged 2 CND’s then got spammed to death by 5,1 5,1 5,1… This is not fun. 27k Life gone in a matter of seconds while I put all my skills on cooldown for 1 guy spamming 2 keys?

The re-cast time for my Mark of Blood is under 5 seconds. I had time to get off 1 or 2 plus the Mark of Blood on dodge.

Attachments:

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in Thief

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

Ouch. That’s a superbad thief too.

CD

in Thief

Otaur.9268

Saddest part he wasnt full glass so he doesnt go down very fast Especially as a condition heavy char and he kept removing my conditions.

in Thief

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yesterday in WvW, we ran into a thief. He wasn’t glass canon so he didn’t kill me but by the same token, there were about five of us hunting him and we couldn’t kill him either. He’d just keep stealthing over and over again, reappear attack someone, he managed to down one of the guys with us and kill him even, but we couldn’t kill him.

I’m sure this guy was playing the character skillfully, but honestly, five guys should be able to take out one guy who’s not even attempting to flee.

I don’t remember which game it was, but in one of them ranger pets could detect stealth (they go by scent after all), which would give rangers something to do in the game, and annoy thieves no end.

I’m all for that. lol

in Thief

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Yesterday in WvW, we ran into a thief. He wasn’t glass canon so he didn’t kill me but by the same token, there were about five of us hunting him and we couldn’t kill him either. He’d just keep stealthing over and over again, reappear attack someone, he managed to down one of the guys with us and kill him even, but we couldn’t kill him.

I’m sure this guy was playing the character skillfully, but honestly, five guys should be able to take out one guy who’s not even attempting to flee.

I don’t remember which game it was, but in one of them ranger pets could detect stealth (they go by scent after all), which would give rangers something to do in the game, and annoy thieves no end.

I’m all for that. lol

rangers’ pet able to sniff out stealth characters sounds fair.

in Thief

Posted by: Sammuilee.5814

Sammuilee.5814

Thieves in GW2 have made me miss WoW rogues. Atleast you could break rogues stealth in WoW if you damaged him and wow rogues couldn’t just stealth in combat without burning long cool down (vanish). Fighting GW2 thief is like fighting WoW rogue with vanish off cool down.

Thieves don’t have weakness. They have stealth they can enter when ever they want, good mobility even outside of stealth and one of best way to remove conditions.

While most other classes have to use food/runes/skills to counter conditions, thieves just get shadow’s embrace from tier 1 shadow arts traits. These that don’t know thief with this trait remove condition every time he enter stealth and 3 sec after that while being in stealth, so thats 2 conditions removed by CnD spamming thief every 3 sec.

in Thief

Otaur.9268

I’m all for that. lol

The classes ability to get the jump on someone and backstab (or even front stab in the case of DAoC) was all about timing, position and skill. And that initial damage was astounding to most players taking 2/3 life in most cases. Followed by a chain which gave the assassin’s a great opener. However in the screenshot provided you can see that their literally is NO Mechanic to stop the Thieves in GW2 from just chaining their Heavy damage. As this thief was removing conditions as I applied them and my mark of blood cooldown at 4.75 second recast timer. I only got 2 off plus 1 that hit from my dodge.
I understand having the stealth ability, and these “Stealth Traps” are just a joke. Maybe when GW2 gets an actual counter other than random aoeing an area, these problems will go away.

in Thief

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

im still waiting my response in this question directed to anet, or some competent dev:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/humble-letter-question-to-Anet/first#post2147121

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in Thief

Posted by: Kinglette.4906

Kinglette.4906

lol fear or stun him, and complaining because someone is built to clear conditions???
the QQ about theives after each and every nerf is hilarious

80 Guardian, 80 Warrior, 80 Thief
[AVTR] FA

in Thief

Sammuilee.5814

lol fear or stun him, and complaining because someone is built to clear conditions???

You don’t exactly need to “build” your character to clear conditions when you can just use 10 points to shadow arts to get it.

Way shadow’s embrace work right now is bugged. According to tooltip “Remove one condition every 3 seconds while in stealth.” it should remove condition every 3 seconds while in stealth, but instead it remove 1 condition when thief stealth and another after 3 seconds.

(edited by Sammuilee.5814)

in Thief

Kinglette.4906

You don’t exactly need to “build” your character to clear conditions when you can just use 10 points to shadow arts to get it.

Way shadow’s embrace work right now is bugged. According to tooltip “Remove one condition every 3 seconds while in stealth.” it should remove condition every 3 seconds while in stealth, instead it remove 1 condition when thief stealth and another after 3 seconds.

so weapon choice is not part of a build any more? most thieves are playing d/p now because its stronger because most good pvp players can dodge a cnd.

[AVTR] FA

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

You say you dodged 2 CnDs (reducing the Initiative pool to either a maximum of 3 or 0) and then immediately got spammed to death by 515151.

How? That’s physically impossible. Either you’re lying, there’s something you missing out, or you didn’t dodge C+D and you were mistaken in what you dodged.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

in Thief

Sammuilee.5814

Way shadow’s embrace work right now is bugged. According to tooltip “Remove one condition every 3 seconds while in stealth.” it should remove condition every 3 seconds while in stealth, instead it remove 1 condition when thief stealth and another after 3 seconds.

so weapon choice is not part of a build any more? most thieves are playing d/p now because its stronger because most good pvp players can dodge a cnd.

I don’t buy that most thieves play d/p when I see most thieves spamming CnD. You know that you can have 2 weapon sets right?

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

That fight was at least 10 seconds long (assuming he landed the cnd the moment revealed was done and front stabbed you, it was most likely closer to 15-20s) and he was revealed for a good chunk of the time as well yet you were only able to land 3 attacks, 2 coming from when you dodge. The problem here isn’t the thief, especially when you’re playing the best aoe class in the game. The really funny thing is how your attack didn’t even break the 200 damage mark. That’s pathetic. Are you level 5 or something?

Btw, you didn’t dodge a single cnd. If you had dodged 2, as you said, the thief would have 0 initiative left. How can you get hit by a 6 initiative skill if the thief has none? Also, you’re a necro, where’s the chills and fears? Why aren’t you tanking with ds? How is it you can’t even avoid a cnd when you know exactly when it’s coming?

I guess we found out that a bad player playing a single target class will beat a bad player playing an aoe class.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

(edited by randomfightfan.4091)

in Thief

Kinglette.4906

I don’t buy that most thieves play d/p when I see most thieves spamming CnD. You know that you can have 2 weapon sets right?

yes and in wvw if you don’t have a sb to escape the zergs, well roaming isn’t going to be very fun

[AVTR] FA

in Thief

Sammuilee.5814

yes and in wvw if you don’t have a sb to escape the zergs, well roaming isn’t going to be very fun

Try shadowstep if stealth alone isn’t enough for you to hide from zergs.

in Thief

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

StarCraft style shimmer for stealth is the only good way to balance stealth. Implement it yesterday …

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

StarCraft style shimmer for stealth is the only good way to balance stealth. Implement it yesterday …

This I actually agree with this but since you don’t need to target something in this game to hit them, I’d suggest make it something subtle like only the feet shimmer or it kicks dust or something. Being a full body shimmer would render stealth 100% useless. Only problem with a change like this is it wouldn’t really help someone who has a crappy computer.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

in Thief

Otaur.9268

That fight was at least 10 seconds long (assuming he landed the cnd the moment revealed was done and front stabbed you, it was most likely closer to 15-20s) and he was revealed for a good chunk of the time as well yet you were only able to land 3 attacks, 2 coming from when you dodge. The problem here isn’t the thief, especially when you’re playing the best aoe class in the game. The really funny thing is how your attack didn’t even break the 200 damage mark. That’s pathetic. Are you level 5 or something?

Btw, you didn’t dodge a single cnd. If you had dodged 2, as you said, the thief would have 0 initiative left. How can you get hit by a 6 initiative skill if the thief has none? Also, you’re a necro, where’s the chills and fears? Why aren’t you tanking with ds? How is it you can’t even avoid a cnd when you know exactly when it’s coming?

I guess we found out that a bad player playing a single target class will beat a bad player playing an aoe class.

@Auesis.7301, Look at the screenshot you can clearly see 3 CnD Backstabs in under 11 seconds.

First of all, Mark of Blood by dodge only procs once every like 5+ dodges… SO please try a necro, and in the screenshot i only got 3 marks of blood off, which is less than 10 seconds. However 1 was from the initial dodge. And you can see where it says Not Enough Energy. Please atleast read the post and look at screen before u call Bullkitten. Also, you can see how many attacks I landed, most of my Marks were EVADED even though they are Unblockable, broken mechanics that need to be fixed.

in Thief

Posted by: Naii.9810

Naii.9810

Revealed debuff is 3 seconds long in pve/wvw and 4 seconds long in pvp.

in Thief

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

The stealth of a thief lasts like 3 seconds, as far as I seen. How do people manage anything like perma stealth, that I have yet to find out. Is it a build? Dunno yet

in Thief

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

First of all, let me say i’ve never played a thief in Gw2. I know thief by simply playing against it on WvW and on PvE.

There are some thiefs that run an almost Perma-Stealth build. Hit and Cloak all the time. Although they are glass cannons i feel that there is something wrong with them. These are some questions that i bring up:

.1 – Cloak is a powerful mechanic, but i never understood how it can’t be revealed by some conditions. Bleeding is one of those, or is the blood left on the ground cloaked too?
.2 – I never understood why the cloaking mechanic don’t bring any catch. Any mechanic needs to have it’s drawbacks. But stealth don’t have any. I see Thiefs in WvW, killing 5 targets easily just by doing [Pick target, cloak, hit hard, cloak again, repeat]. The use of the basilisk venom makes it worse!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

@Auesis.7301, Look at the screenshot you can clearly see 3 CnD Backstabs in under 11 seconds.

You did not dodge 2 CnDs for that to be possible. It cannot happen. You dodged something else.

That, or you dodged both CnDs and then sat twiddling your thumbs while his initiative recharged over ~5-10 seconds, without shutting him down in any way whatsoever.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

in Thief

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Such threads are not allowed on the forums as they are not conducive to creating a friendly community nor do they have room for constructive discussion. As such, this thread has been closed.