Thiefs Invisiblity bugged

in Thief

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

A couple of times now I have been attacked by a thief while they are stealthed and they do not break stealth when they attack.

By the time I can see them im already dead.

Also they are able to finish you while they are invisible.

Being able to kill someone while invisible and being able to finish them while invisible and being able to kill somoone that quickly with very little effort while they are unaware there even being attacked….

Sorry but that is overpowered and can not be what Arena Net intended for the profession.

Another fight that was 1 vs 1 I used stun breakers, dodge, knockback, immobilize, knocked down, damage blockers, and still thief had enough intiative left to spam kill me in 2 shots while constantly in stealth.

Sorry Arena Net it’s ruining pvp in spvp and wvw. Please fix this profession and fire what dev is keeping it this overpowered.

in Thief

Posted by: Liav.7598

Liav.7598

This is either due to server latency or a rendering issue. Either way, you are correct in that it is not working as intended.

Being able to finish people while invisible, however, is the Thief’s counter to all of the other classes overpowered downed state abilities, and is in fact working as intended.

The latency between a Thief leaving stealth and them actually appearing on the enemy’s screen again is the bug.

in Thief

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

Where’s the video proof? Stealth breaks on attack, unless you ran into some dude who found a way to exploit the system I’m going to call BS. After the thief attacks you from stealth they cannot stealth again for 3 seconds due to a debuff the thief receives. Bads will be bads, it cannot be helped.

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

in Thief

Liav.7598

Don’t need video proof, I see it all the time, and I play a Thief.

When stealth breaks, there is often a 1-2 second latency between stealth breaking and them re-appearing on your screen. You may see yourself as being out of stealth, but there is pretty decent lag before the same is true through your opponent’s eyes. Has nothing to do with bads being bads.

Stop speaking if you have nothing useful to contribute.

inb4 ’it’s your internetz or your pc’

in Thief

Posted by: Ferral.2568

Ferral.2568

it’s your internetz or your pc

in Thief

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

Asking for video proof so Anet can be made aware of the issue (if there is one) is not having anything to contribute? Sounds like you cannot comprehend simple English and logic. The same way someone can say something exists or is happening is the same way someone can say it didn’t happen. How do we find who’s telling the truth? With VIDEO PROOF.

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

This could just be C&D + Mug + Backstab. You get hit 3 times and very large dmg and don’t see them until your client catches up to you being backstabbed.

in Thief

Liav.7598

Seeing as it’s such a common issue, I’d say that notifying them of the issue and allowing them to do internal testing on it would be the most logical approach. User-made videos are only a semi-reliable source of information, and even so, the effort required to make such a video showing appropriate perspective would be pretty difficult. Thanks for the personal attacks though. ~

To summarize the issue:

You see the purple/blackish colored cloud that generally means the Thief has left stealth, however they do not appear on your screen in any form outside of a nameplate (in rare instances, sometimes nothing at all) for 500ms-2s after the purple cloud appears.

in Thief

Posted by: Mojo.1930

Mojo.1930

This happens alot to me aswell and its getting obnoxious.
I do have the thief targetted when he leaves stealth, but remains invisble and the target marker on the floor is stationairy until a few seconds where the thief becomes visible and the target marker follows him.

in Thief

Posted by: Shisx.1658

Shisx.1658

Maybe this will help.

Thief >(lag) Server(lag) > You

You will see a huge burst, backstab +mug+smoke

Many factors go on what you see on your screen to what they see on theirs due to how well the server is taking connections. It sucks but some things are harder to fix than you think.

in Thief

TRON.1085

Arena Net are you going to admit this issue and actually look at fixing it?

in Thief

Posted by: DangerMonkey.3158

DangerMonkey.3158

Only way stealth wouldnt break wouldbe if you used cloak and dagger on someone while you were stealthed :/

Op has kitteny internet, move along

Fear me! For I am the dangerous primate!
Rank 1X SneekyTheef (T), Wizzizard (M), Gerdierhn (G)
Builds:http://www.gw2builds.org/user/dangermonkey

in Thief

Posted by: antiviolence.7160

antiviolence.7160

I’ve read this somewhere before…

EDIT: Found it!
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/65970-thief-stealth-bugged-broken-op/

(edited by antiviolence.7160)

in Thief

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

It’s not a stealth bug, exploit, or balance issue. It’s not directly related to the thief class at all. It’s a player culling issue. Just like how you can have an entire zerg get really close without becoming visible. They don’t know if they’re visible to you or not. On their screen, they’re visible. As far as they know, they’re visible. Arenanet just needs to re-prioritize the way player culling is calculated, and both of these issues should disappear.

The only thing you mentioned that actually is related to the thief is finishing while stealthed. This is possible, and I’m pretty sure it’s working as intended since other classes can finish while using their special abilities (such as a guardian finishing inside a bubble or a warrior finishing while invulnerable). Plus it helps make up for the fact that we have absolutely bollocks damage in our downed state even when we trait for it :p

in Thief

Posted by: OliShoey.3071

OliShoey.3071

Same happens to Thief’s getting hit after they have stealthed.

Often I have stealthed and been hit by abilities still.

So it is entirely possible that it happens the other way around also.

in Thief

Posted by: Kurow.6973

Kurow.6973

You lagging at your end because of your bad internet and/or gfx card/processor is your own fault.

in Thief

bwillb.2165

Same happens to Thief’s getting hit after they have stealthed.

Often I have stealthed and been hit by abilities still.

So it is entirely possible that it happens the other way around also.

Stealth doesn’t actually protect you, it just prevents direct targeting. Any strike that was already heading your direction will still hit. AOEs will also of course still hit. Untargeted attacks that are aimed in your direction will still hit. There’s also a bug where certain abilities can still target you when you’re stealthed., seen a lot with pet abilities. The only thing stealth really protects you from is an incoming finisher when you’re downed, and then that’s only if you time it perfectly.

in Thief

TRON.1085

You lagging at your end because of your bad internet and/or gfx card/processor is your own fault.

i5 3570k, GTX 670, 8gb ram, 240gb ssd. Want to try again? My internet is high end broadband….

The stealth on thiefs is broken, OP and not working as intended in pvp.

in Thief

bwillb.2165

i5 3570k, GTX 670, 8gb ram, 240gb ssd. Want to try again? My internet is high end broadband….

Oh… that’s cool… yeah, go ahead and completely ignore the reply with accurate information and continue to reply with nonsense to other nonsense… No problem.

in Thief

Posted by: Kurow.6973

Kurow.6973

I’m curious…what class do you play? Be honest now…

PS: If anything’s broken about stealth, it’s the fact that thieves take damage from target based skills while stealthed.

(edited by Kurow.6973)

in Thief

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

I think we saw how legit TRON is, in this, and his other flaming threads.

Not even worth the effort of trying to argue any sense into him.

He wants affirmation and recognition, and not the truth.

(edited by Asum.4960)

in Thief

TRON.1085

Whether you want to believe it or not thief needs fixing, being able to take damage and do damage while invisible is broken and not intended, being able to finish players while invisible? yeah right OP…

Little effort spam a few skills, instant kill. While invisible OP.

Its disgusting anyone trys to defend this profession when everyone knows it is completely overpowered and the stealth mechanic is broken and not working as intended.

Makes me laugh that arena net are locking topic and deleting posts of some players but when other use personal insults or break forum rules they dont do anything.

Funny that. Arena Net need to make some changes and make a statement about the thief. This can’t be what they intended for pvp and the thief.

(edited by TRON.1085)

in Thief

Posted by: Mirtis.6847

Mirtis.6847

i’m not really quite sure where that “hits me while invise” comes from, but i think you might get an answer if you check “cloak and dagger” ability.
i believe that would explain things according to your understanding level of game mechanics, which seems considerably low.

in Thief

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

Little effort spam a few skills, instant kill. While invisible OP.

That “sentence” combined with that satiric video you post everywhere, while not even understanding that it’s a joke, says pretty much everything.

I just wish Anet would close more than only your threads.

in Thief

Posted by: Zii The Mad.2563

Zii The Mad.2563

TRON: Before embarrassing yourself further, you should try the build in the video you linked. You might be able to kill a noob or two. But a 13k HP glass cannon thief would die instantly to a lot of viable builds.

in Thief

Posted by: Melphina.9035

Melphina.9035

Stealth has a delay on it after they pop out while the code is sent to the players machine. to draw the player. For a thief it looks instant as we pop out of stealth, this is not the case on other peoples machines. We can all argue that people should get faster internet and the like, however, it may have something to do with the culling that takes place in wvw and the slow population of players into view.

Melphina Kobe ~ Thief

in Thief

Posted by: CC Ivonne.6782

CC Ivonne.6782

Community Coordinator

Hello everybody,
as this conversation is going off-topic, the thread will now be locked.
Sorry for the inconvenience.