Thiefs and Greatswords !

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: wbfytw.4265

wbfytw.4265

Okay Okay Okay Okay.. Okay don’t rage or anything ! Read all i have to say and then make a valid opinion and not a “omfg thiefs and gses Lol such a noob go l2p or play a war”

First thing first thiefs are the only class in the game that cant use a dual wep (short bow is a range wep). Why not try to implement it in to the game ? I mean eles and d/d Guardians and staffs. This is all outside the box. Most mmos make Mages ranged only wars only guards support ony etc. So form this point of view GS and Thief aren’t uncombineable sure it wont be easy figuring out the skills implementing them in to the traits, but come on wont it be sweet ?

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

off hand sword before anything else >:(

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

I still wish we had rifle as part of the assassin flavor.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Two-handed sword and Greatsword are two different things. While a Greatsword is a two hander, two-handed sword is not necessarily a great sword — it could be a long handle sword or a swordstaff.

Based on that, yes on two handed, but no on greatswords for Thief.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Two-handed sword and Greatsword are two different things. While a Greatsword is a two hander, two-handed sword is not necessarily a great sword — it could be a long handle sword or a swordstaff.

they’re the same thing on GW2. you should know that by now.

and meh, no. honestly, i can’t think of many of the current weapon options that i’d want for thief. would love a crossbow though…

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

I still wish we had rifle as part of the assassin flavor.

Given how rarely they are used (only two classes have them) I would expect both rifle and hammer to get spread around a bit in the first round of weapon proliferation.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Doesn’t mean they can’t introduce a non-GS two handed sword.

Anyway, this is not gonna happen unless they open up Cantha.

and meh, no. honestly, i can’t think of many of the current weapon options that i’d want for thief. would love a crossbow though…

I rather have a Rifle. :/

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

BrunoBRS.5178

too similar to an existing weapon to happen, even with cantha. i’d hope they would rather add brand new weapon styles than niches of the same weapons. considering they just put that nodachi as a GS skin, i think i’m right.

and i can’t see thief rifle being anything other than a subpar version of warrior rifle (since thief stuff has to be weaker by default because of initiative). it would also end up too similar to P/P, which still needs to be fixed.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

too similar to an existing weapon to happen, even with cantha. i’d hope they would rather add brand new weapon styles than niches of the same weapons. considering they just put that nodachi as a GS skin, i think i’m right.

Yeah, that new nodachi skin is a poor choice.

and i can’t see thief rifle being anything other than a subpar version of warrior rifle (since thief stuff has to be weaker by default because of initiative).

With the recent changes to the initiatives, 1 initiative = 1 second cooldown. But the fact that initiative is a shared resources, I doubt that it will be a subpar version — especially when ArenaNet removes Rifle from Warriors and give it to the Thieves. lol

it would also end up too similar to P/P, which still needs to be fixed.

Well Rifle should be our siege weapon with 1200 range, thus P/P will still be what P/P does.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

off hand sword before anything else >:(

How about both!?

Gonna get me a button ala Evon/Kiel vote button in game that says “VoteYES to offhand swords and GS!”

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Teshtestyes.5419

Teshtestyes.5419

Ha! You just want to use the new katana greatsword skin!

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Nah, I just have a fetish for GS’s…….

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

BobbyT.7192

Oh and crossbows

Off hands swords then cross bows before anything else

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

BrunoBRS.5178

Oh and crossbows

i know i’ll be disappointed, but i hope a thief crossbow will be like a mix between ranger shortbow and engi pistol. on-point AoE, spread shots, etc.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Oh and crossbows

i know i’ll be disappointed, but i hope a thief crossbow will be like a mix between ranger shortbow and engi pistol. on-point AoE, spread shots, etc.

Or…they can allow Thieves to throw spears, just like what Paragons have…or, give us the Scythe as our 2-handed weapon…ooooo

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

I dont see why theifs cant use torch focus and rifle.
What pistol of hand is doing is more focus weapon description than pistol.
It would be nice to have torch for some burni and rifle for somthing more like assassin/sniper role,hell if ragers can stealth with Lb why cant theif have rifle…

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

BrunoBRS.5178

Or…they can allow Thieves to throw spears, just like what Paragons have…or, give us the Scythe as our 2-handed weapon…ooooo

neither of which are very thief-y, now are they.

I dont see why theifs cant use torch focus and rifle.
What pistol of hand is doing is more focus weapon description than pistol.
It would be nice to have torch for some burni and rifle for somthing more like assassin/sniper role,hell if ragers can stealth with Lb why cant theif have rifle…

focus is a magical artifact used for channeling magic. pistol offhand is definitely not doing that. and torch, i don’t know, could work, but i imagine a thief would rather not have a literal beacon of light with them.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

deda.8302

Hm offhand pistol awfuly remainds me of ele focus skills it may be that u fire a bullet instead of chanaling what ever magic u have but at the end is almost same effect.

As for torch i see that mesmers have their coockie and eating it ,with uh can you immagine, stealth and fire burst in same weapon and skill

We have awfouly lot smoke fields with out a fire around

(edited by deda.8302)

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

BrunoBRS.5178

Hm offhand pistol awfuly remainds me of ele focus skills it may be that u fire a bullet instead of chanaling what ever magic u have but at the end is almost same effect.

As for torch i see that mesmers have their coockie and eating it ,with uh can you immagine, stealth and fire burst in same weapon and skill

We have awfouly lot smoke fields with out a fire around

just because both are defensive weapons in GW2 (and only in that specific scenario), doesn’t mean a pistol is doing the role of a focus. mesmer and necro both have access to focus and the skills are definitely not defensive there.

as for mesmer torch yeah, they’re spellcasters. they do magic. the theme of the thief is being sneaky and unseen, i don’t see how a torch works in that situation.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

deda.8302

Omg , focus , for almost all classess be it guard ,mes, necro, ele, has ussualy 1 disrupt/cc skill and 1 def oriented skill and that is exactly what pistol off hand do.
I dont wont to repat my self over somthing that probaly never come to exsitance in gw 2 ,but if mesmer can have torch that will stealth him i don’t see why thiefs can’t???

And yeah ,being able to stealth summon fellow thief and wht ever not, doesn’t count as magic in your book???

I mean rly troll as much as you want after this you will be ignored

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Potato.7318

Potato.7318

The Belinda tribute gs skin made me wish I could use a gs. It looks great on my thief

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Guilty as charged, that thing would look amazing on my thief. Frankly, I don’t understand why we can’t have it considering that the emblazoned armour is the closest stylistically to samurai armour, but oh well. Samurai rangers will be pleased.

What kind of skills would people like to see for a two handed sword for thief? The problem as I see it is that it would have to fit a niche as a weapon set that no other set does, which is difficult for a melee weapon on thief.

I’m thinking it would have to be stealthless with a block or two (no evades) and a focus on high damage and mobility (only towards the enemy though) so it’s distinct from S/D. With that logic though, it sounds a lot like ranger greatsword, which may or may not be a good thing. It could be a purely defensive weapon too, although I’d rather have a staff with that sort of skill set. Having a stealth skill like impale your enemy that inflicts conditions could also be interesting. Just spitballing here though.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

(edited by Jugglemonkey.8741)

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

new weapons would be nice …. at this point i dont care what they are … i just want a new stick to whack people with \m/ ‘o’ \m/ ….

lol but it would be sweet to use the new great sword katana on my thief

(edited by caveman.5840)

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Guild Wars has no weapon restrictions and Assassins use both types of weapon. Surely Thieves can wield them too.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

BrunoBRS.5178

Guild Wars has no weapon restrictions and Assassins use both types of weapon. Surely Thieves can wield them too.

guild wars also heavily punished anyone for using a weapon type they weren’t specced into. the only good way to run, say, spear on an assassin is if you were assassin/paragon and dumped half your points into paragon lines. and i’ll be hard pressed to find an A/P build.

the only weapon people would use without bothering with attributes was bows, because you were only using them to agro enemies before switching back to your main weapon.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

guild wars also heavily punished anyone for using a weapon type they weren’t specced into. the only good way to run, say, spear on an assassin is if you were assassin/paragon and dumped half your points into paragon lines. and i’ll be hard pressed to find an A/P build.

the only weapon people would use without bothering with attributes was bows, because you were only using them to agro enemies before switching back to your main weapon.

That’s why spear and scythe is perfect for GW2 specially for Thieves. We don’t have any trait to put into swords yet we’re doing just fine.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Dakkaface.8510

Dakkaface.8510

If you were a weapon using build you pretty much always ran with 9-10 ranks into X mastery anyway, and you only lose out on maybe one point. I ran Assassin/Dervish for quite a while after Nightfall hit until they hit the combo with the nerf bat.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: CobOfCorn.6352

CobOfCorn.6352

Give thieves warhorn pls so I can use my favorite legendary

Ably

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

BrunoBRS.5178

Give thieves warhorn pls so I can use my favorite legendary

i guess there really are people of all tastes. it’s not a bad legendary, but i didn’t expect it to be anyone’s favorite :P

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Bojoo.7819

Bojoo.7819

greatsword with spear skills :O

also torch mainhand/offhand

pretty please

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

BobbyT.7192

I could see thieves using torches, they do crawl around in some pretty dark and dank places, need some light to see, think of them as tomb raiders or something.
But rifles, throwing spears gw1 style, and scythe? That just silly.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

IMO Thief deserves mace and rifle first, both as control-heavy low damage single target weapons with high init costs.

This would make them pair really well with the thief’s existing skillset, with the high init cost mitigating the potentially overpowered ability to apply hard stuns/dazes and weapon swap to spam damage.

I’d place the buff traits for these weapons on the trickery line, granting the thief boon procs for successful CC.

In addition, this would give thieves a really great 1200 range role, thus giving them a valuable and unique option for WvW and open world content.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

BrunoBRS.5178

IMO Thief deserves mace and rifle first, both as control-heavy low damage single target weapons with high init costs.

This would make them pair really well with the thief’s existing skillset, with the high init cost mitigating the potentially overpowered ability to apply hard stuns/dazes and weapon swap to spam damage.

I’d place the buff traits for these weapons on the trickery line, granting the thief boon procs for successful CC.

In addition, this would give thieves a really great 1200 range role, thus giving them a valuable and unique option for WvW and open world content.

can we please have something that isn’t single target?

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Would like longbow the most, although if a new weapon were to come, a crossbow would be the ideal for me. Ranger is bad and will never be fixed as proper ranged DPS, and I’d like to play the high-mobility squish ranged DPS role in the game, and initiative and wthdraw with self-stealth for re-positions could definitely be the answer.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

The only weapons that the Thief class should get, that are fitting for the class:

Torch
Offhand Sword
Greatsword
Axes
Maces
Longbow
Crossbow
Quarterstaff
Tonfas
Claws/Katars
Whip/Chain Sickle

This are the only weapons, that Thieves should get added in consideration into which kind of path you develop your Thief further.

Follow the Path of the Rogue:
Offhand Sword
Axes
Maces
Greatsword
Crossbow

Follow the Path of the Saboteur
Torch
Axes
Maces
Crossbow
Longbow

Follow the Path of the Infiltrator
Offhand Sword
Crossbow
Longbow
Whip/ Chain Sickles
Tonfas

Follow the Path of the Brawler
Quarterstaff
Claws/Katars
Tonfas
Whip/ Chain Sickle

This is the Setting I think of under a Sub Class Scenario for Thieves and their Character Progression regarding Weapon Improvements through adding new as like already existing weapons to them.
I don’t see Thieves with Rifles for GW2 ever. Rifles should be the thing only for Warriors and Engineers.
I find it already wrong, that Thieves got Pistols and would replace them any day with Crossbows
http://d3strategyguide.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Demon-Hunter-Dual-Wielding-Crossbows.png
Thats the image I’m thinking about, when I’ve crossbows and thief in my mind

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: wbfytw.4265

wbfytw.4265

we are not talking about off hands or any other weps… GS ! like the title says

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

The only weapons that the Thief class should get, that are fitting for the class /// I find it already wrong, that Thieves got Pistols and would replace them any day with Crossbows
http://d3strategyguide.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Demon-Hunter-Dual-Wielding-Crossbows.png
Thats the image I’m thinking about, when I’ve crossbows and thief in my mind

Not all thieves are the same archtype. So there really is no weopons that are ‘fitting’ because the classes don’t have hard lore like in other game universes. So a pistol thief is easily a dashing rogue in contrast to a dagger thief which may be a stealthy assassin.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

give me a sling shot
as long as it has a useful move set and u dont nerf it with out compensation !

edit : please

(edited by caveman.5840)

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Lostwingman.5034

I have no idea how greatsword would fit in the Thief/Assassin archetype but rifle wouldn’t…

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Dustfinger.9510

I have no idea how greatsword would fit in the Thief/Assassin archetype but rifle wouldn’t…

GS-Conan the barbarian was a rogue at one point in his carreer.

Rifle- Snipers/shot gun bandit

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Actiondan.8146

Actiondan.8146

/signed
Would impulse buy Balinda’s Greatsword.

http://www.twitch.tv/actiondantv
Dragonbrand – NA
Thief | Warrior | Necromancer | Ranger | Guardian

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Lostwingman.5034

Conan the Barbarian was a barbarian…‘rogue’ just means a vagabond or scoundrel.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Lonewolf Kai.3682

King of Thieves means nothing then?

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

Well even mesmer with gs looks funny…but thief? come on, it would be a parody imo, heavy classes should have gs only

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Dustfinger.9510

Sneaking around, killing and stealing seems pretty scoundrelous.
What the Lonewolf said. But the pistols show that even our thieves can simply be “scoundrels” without needing to be ninjas or assassins. And barbarians can be a thief/rogue class. They were in AoC. leather armor, sneaky, and capable of wielding two handed swords.

Barbarian: One of the rogue classes

Attachments:

(edited by Dustfinger.9510)

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Conan the Barbarian was a proper thief. No two ways about it.

I’ve nothing against thief greatswords but the graphics on some of the greatswords are massive, wouldn’t suit a thief. Offhand torch would be good but rangers and mesmers already have the offhand torch skills we want.

How many thieves would like the chance to have zephyrite aspects as an ‘off hand’ choice with the moves and leaps as part of attacks?

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Dagger.2035

Dagger.2035

I like the idea of adding the crossbow. Maybe a short sword or a blackjack could be added as an offhand weapon.

Human Thief [DOA]
Sorrows Furnace

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: SigmaOfApeiron.8397

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

Okay Okay Okay Okay.. Okay don’t rage or anything ! Read all i have to say and then make a valid opinion and not a “omfg thiefs and gses Lol such a noob go l2p or play a war”

First thing first thiefs are the only class in the game that cant use a dual wep (short bow is a range wep). Why not try to implement it in to the game ? I mean eles and d/d Guardians and staffs. This is all outside the box. Most mmos make Mages ranged only wars only guards support ony etc. So form this point of view GS and Thief aren’t uncombineable sure it wont be easy figuring out the skills implementing them in to the traits, but come on wont it be sweet ?

YES! I’ve been thinking about this for the past year or so!
I’ve been maining a thief since launch, I have alts but dont play them much. But having a thief with a GS is the dream! If they opened a CDI about this I’d have some cool skill ideas too! And just like you said, outside the box.
ANet, I love you, make it happen!

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

Oh and crossbows

Oh kitten , don’t get me started on that Scythe >_>
Thieves + Scythes=Awesome
Thieves + GS=Awesome
I’ll be happy with either x)

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

Conan the Barbarian was a proper thief. No two ways about it.

I’ve nothing against thief greatswords but the graphics on some of the greatswords are massive, wouldn’t suit a thief. Offhand torch would be good but rangers and mesmers already have the offhand torch skills we want.

How many thieves would like the chance to have zephyrite aspects as an ‘off hand’ choice with the moves and leaps as part of attacks?

That is an amazing idea you just had there! The Aspects as off-hand weapons/skills for thieves. Maybe a bit modified though, but really good idea!