Thiefs and Greatswords !

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: oversoul soldier.1742

oversoul soldier.1742

From a lore stand-point it seems a little screwy. Nothing really subtle about a greatsword. Scythe would be cool but I think necros would probably get first dibs on that. Then again I think lore goes kind of out the window when mesmers have GS which is a ranged weapon??? and warriors can use rifles. Anyway the change I would most welcome is a weapon set that has 1200 range, only profession in the game that lacks a weapon with 1200 range.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

From a lore stand-point it seems a little screwy. Nothing really subtle about a greatsword. Scythe would be cool but I think necros would probably get first dibs on that. Then again I think lore goes kind of out the window when mesmers have GS which is a ranged weapon??? and warriors can use rifles. Anyway the change I would most welcome is a weapon set that has 1200 range, only profession in the game that lacks a weapon with 1200 range.

If you gonna use lore as your reason then Thief is a the right profession to use all kind of weapons. Lore-wise, we steal an item and use it (example an axe from a warrior, a mace from a guardian, we steal rifle, staff, scepter, club and fresh egg) which could only mean that the Thief profession can use just about anything and turn it into a weapon. From stabbing with a Quill to a Full-automatic Repeating Crossbow to chucking Spears to slashing with a Scythe, nothing a Thief cannot handle.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

And according to the character creation, one theme option for or thieves that is already available to us is:

“I mean business. I’m the bruiser, the muscle, the beat you don’t want to poke. My headband keeps my vision clear no matter how physical I get”

So, there really is no lore in GW2 that says the thief class needs to be assassin arch types over bandits or rogue arch types. Dual pistols is clear proof of this.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

As long as I get my rifle.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Tyr.6097

Tyr.6097

As long as I get my rifle.

This…. so much

Tyrs Klinge ~Thief~

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

If I could chose what weapon Anet adds to thief it would be the nerf bat that keeps hitting us. Man, that thing is mighty.

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

If I could chose what weapon Anet adds to thief it would be the nerf bat that keeps hitting us. Man, that thing is mighty.

lol made my day. +1

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I dunno, looks like this next update is a bit more of a bland bat. The guardians have been smacked with that quite a bit.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Spear is more of a survivalist/guard weapon, aka ranger, warrior, guardian.
For thief i would love mace, crossbow or a chain-sword.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

chain-sword.

a what?

you mean this?

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

i just don’t think GS goes with the theme of theives very well

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Shadowbane.7109

Shadowbane.7109

Well if we could get a GS I could finally try to play as a Witcher. The ranger has a pet and is not witcher-y enough for me.

Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling…makes no difference.
The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred.
If I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’d rather not choose at all.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Well if we could get a GS I could finally try to play as a Witcher. The ranger has a pet and is not witcher-y enough for me.

but the ranger sword and greatsword animations are perfect

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Shadowbane.7109

Shadowbane.7109

but the ranger sword and greatsword animations are perfect

With some minor changes it would be. Removing the animal spirits, changing the utility icons to be a bit murkier and renaming them.

Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling…makes no difference.
The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred.
If I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’d rather not choose at all.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

IMO Thief deserves mace and rifle first, both as control-heavy low damage single target weapons with high init costs.

This would make them pair really well with the thief’s existing skillset, with the high init cost mitigating the potentially overpowered ability to apply hard stuns/dazes and weapon swap to spam damage.

I’d place the buff traits for these weapons on the trickery line, granting the thief boon procs for successful CC.

In addition, this would give thieves a really great 1200 range role, thus giving them a valuable and unique option for WvW and open world content.

can we please have something that isn’t single target?

Part of the thief’s design is that they’re good single target combatants as assassins or duelists, with a lot of great tools to selectively engage.

Having a “nuke weapon” isn’t something that fits well in to the thief toolbox when paired with our evasion and disengage ability. Our current AoE option is a good example of this. Shortbow can plink at a group, spam an aoe that gets less effective hte long the range to target, has two mobility skills, and has an AoE support skill poison field to help but not overshadow more AOE focused classes like ele (to go with the burst for a weakness/vuln combo)

I’d say a “trap weapon” aoe set would be a good fit for us, but they decided that mines were more of an engineer thing (as we assume characters build their own devices) as thieves are more focused around martial combat than devices. Plus, again, it would be a bit overpowered with our existing stealth/evade mehcanics as it is passive damage which would allow us to get a little too much utility out of our active evades.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

i agree …. even though i like the great sword idea
it would not be single target :S

a mid ranged melee weapon would be awesome ..like a kusarigama

a little more range than a GS and less range than the short bow

Attachments:

(edited by caveman.5840)

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

I could see that being an rare exotic, legendary, or ascended model for a whip.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Still just wanting the longbow for a 1200 range option as currently we have none, and rangers aren’t real archers but a roleplaying class that will never be fixed.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Still just wanting the longbow for a 1200 range option as currently we have none, and rangers aren’t real archers but a roleplaying class that will never be fixed.

Isn’t that the truth. Rangers use Hammers better than Warrior in GW1 and Warriors uses Longbows better than Rangers in GW2. lol

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

And even then, warrior longbow is a poor mainhand weapon, nor is it even close to effective at anything but point-blank range.

Giving thief longbow could give archers what they want: Mobile ranged DPS – be it through class mechanics and skills – and could give non-stealth thieves a weapon they both want and need for 1200 range engages.

Thiefs and Greatswords !

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

And even then, warrior longbow is a poor mainhand weapon, nor is it even close to effective at anything but point-blank range.

Giving thief longbow could give archers what they want: Mobile ranged DPS – be it through class mechanics and skills – and could give non-stealth thieves a weapon they both want and need for 1200 range engages.

Exactly, just like Mathayus in The Scorpion King. He’s not a Warrior since he wear leather armor, he’s just a buffed-up assassin.