Thiefs are broken

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

since the new update, thiefs are so flipping OP. I literally take 2 steps in wvw or pvp and i get backstabbed for 20k. How can they still do this with the dmg reducation?

Honetly i think this game has had enough of this class

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Err trolling? /15char

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

So you’re saying with the addition of a damage reduction, thieves are hitting you even harder?

Attachments:

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Oh yeah, thiefs are horridly overpowered. No question.

Thieves on the other hand are fine, they have counters such as situational awareness. If you need a hand with that, feel free to ask, someone will point you in the right direction.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Jugglemonkey.8741

Thank you Vince, I was actually looking for that ^^

Critical Kit, Thief.
Power Build Condi Build

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Either you’re a level 2 upleveled staff ele in WvW solo roaming, or you’re just trolling.

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Peow peow.2189

i like how everyone in this class gets kitten when someone speaks the truth, If you dont think thieves do the most dmg then any class in this game you are lying to urself. Hop off the thief bandwagong and play a hard class like engi or ele

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: girien.1209

girien.1209

Hop off the thief bandwagong and play a hard class like engi or ele

lol…

Yes, he must be trolling…

Main: Thief
Alter: Thief, Thief, Thief, Thief, and… Wait for it… Thief

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

lol…

Yes, he must be trolling…

He sounds way too stupid to be trolling, I think he just isn’t wired very well upstairs.

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

If you dont think thieves do the most dmg then any class in this game you are lying to urself. Hop off the thief bandwagong and play a hard class like engi or ele

Not to be rude (as per signature) but do you mean condition or power damage? Its already been proven by someone using real numbers (and I have experimented gameplay wise) that Elementalist has the highest burst potential and rotation. So pure power damage goes to Scepter/Dagger Elementalist.

Highest Condition Damage (not management( Necromancer) or clearance (Guardian)) belongs to Engineers who can stack Confusion, Bleeding, Vulnerability, Poison, and Weakness with ease. No offense.

Thief can go hybrid the best. That might be what you were trying to refer to. A hybrid condi/power thief can do it best (theoretically) but in practice a Hambow (Hammer/Longbow) warrior can outpace us really quickly both in terms of mitigation and distribution of damage. 6 stacks of bleeds and Immobolize followed by fire field and blind shot then a stun, knockback,stun usually kills what they targeted. Except bunkers….probably got carried away here. Anyway. Hope I helped someone today with wall of text. Courtesy of TLDR…

TLDR: Thief has the highest/second highest (almost a tie) hybrid damage. It does not have the best condition damage, mitigation, or management nor does it actually have the highest/most-efficient power burst.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: AlCojester.4316

AlCojester.4316

What profession were you playing? I’m going to go to their forum and cry bullkitten things just ’cause I feel like it.

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

Its jst cause he doesnt know the thief class yet. He will learn in good time. Let him troll he will look back at this with embarrassment

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

i like how everyone in this class gets kitten when someone speaks the truth, If you dont think thieves do the most dmg then any class in this game you are lying to urself. Hop off the thief bandwagong and play a hard class like engi or ele

Most damage?

Sure, if they sacrifice everything that makes them not blow up by being sneezed on. And if you count still being outclassed, sure.

This comes from someone who plays both condi necro (easier to play and laughs at thief), guard (much easier to play laughs at thief) and a thief.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

lel

Attachments:

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

It has since the start.

You think the ferocity nerf had a kind of reversed effect on teefs, increasing max damage rather then decreasing it?

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

If you play that neglectfully on thief, you’re dead meat. S/he messes up most of her/his dodges (even in the 1v1s) and still wins due to the forgiving nature of warriors. At 6 mins a dodge was ready and s/he still got downed? Great skill…

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

OP, please stop being ridiculous and go to another sub forum. You’re just a beacon of bad feedback.

@ vincecontix,

The video perfectly represented the risk:reward to playing a warrior and still messing up. BTW, I noticed he ran almost 0 condi clear aside from zerker stance, and coincidently he died at the end to conditions. The downed battles were kinda comical

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: Thorp.7982

Thorp.7982

since the new update, thiefs are so flipping OP. I literally take 2 steps in wvw or pvp and i get backstabbed for 20k. How can they still do this with the dmg reducation?

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

hahahah, let me fix that for you.

Hop off the engi and ele bandwagon and play a hard class like thief or mesmer

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Attachments:

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Peow peow.2189

If you dont think thieves do the most dmg then any class in this game you are lying to urself. Hop off the thief bandwagong and play a hard class like engi or ele

Not to be rude (as per signature) but do you mean condition or power damage? Its already been proven by someone using real numbers (and I have experimented gameplay wise) that Elementalist has the highest burst potential and rotation. So pure power damage goes to Scepter/Dagger Elementalist.

Highest Condition Damage (not management( Necromancer) or clearance (Guardian)) belongs to Engineers who can stack Confusion, Bleeding, Vulnerability, Poison, and Weakness with ease. No offense.

Thief can go hybrid the best. That might be what you were trying to refer to. A hybrid condi/power thief can do it best (theoretically) but in practice a Hambow (Hammer/Longbow) warrior can outpace us really quickly both in terms of mitigation and distribution of damage. 6 stacks of bleeds and Immobolize followed by fire field and blind shot then a stun, knockback,stun usually kills what they targeted. Except bunkers….probably got carried away here. Anyway. Hope I helped someone today with wall of text. Courtesy of TLDR…

TLDR: Thief has the highest/second highest (almost a tie) hybrid damage. It does not have the best condition damage, mitigation, or management nor does it actually have the highest/most-efficient power burst.

haha you are the idiot, elemntalist has cool down on the burst so he hits once burst thenhas to run.

Thief press cloak and dagger and hit and rinse repeat keep 10k dmg over and over. 3 second reveal to short, need 10 second reveal on this class.

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: Walker.3056

Walker.3056

haha you are the idiot, elemntalist has cool down on the burst so he hits once burst thenhas to run.

Thief press cloak and dagger and hit and rinse repeat keep 10k dmg over and over. 3 second reveal to short, need 10 second reveal on this class.

If you are losing to D/D thieves in tpvp (as you said he jusr CnD and backstab) you are really bad or doing it wrong…. D/D…. i dont think any class in this game should lose for a D/D in tpvp unless they are really new or bad.

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: Sons.5493

Sons.5493

Lmao, glad to see ppl still remember this m9s

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Jugglemonkey.8741

Actually, thief has cooldown on that sort of burst too, since the only way we can match S/D ele’s spike damage is with a signet burst D/D build that has virtually no defensive options. we also have to be in stealth and behind the enemy, wheras the ele just has to be within a range of 900 or so. What you’re complaining about is actually a sustained burst D/D spec by the sounds of it. Less spike damage, but more frequent and with defensive options.

Saying the ele has to run is also a moot point, since every spike damage build ever has to kite/run if the other guy avoids the burst. Ever watch a thief that messes up a backstab and takes a burst? The whole point of the S/D ele build is that the other guy is downed by the end of your burst, or so low that they are easy to finish with auto attacks. If you don’t land the burst properly, that’s not actually the other guy’s fault.

Considering the guy very politely explained to you why he disagreed, it’s a little disrespectful to just write him off like that. If you want to rant, that’s fine, but if you’re just going to be rude then don’t expect anything but the same back.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Power Build Condi Build

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Thorp.7982

Lmao, glad to see ppl still remember this m9s

Makes me laugh everytime.
I am D0nk3y

(edited by Thorp.7982)

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Meanwhile Elementalists kitten up a whole team with higher burst than thieves have single target, but AoE..

AoE damage and single target dmg isn’t really split in this game like in most other games. Put on some burning and fire grab hits just as hard as backstab but on multiple targets. Dragon’s Tooth, not far from the same dmg as backstab and on a 6s cd and AoE.. oh and ignores LoS and is ranged.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Guys just look at his post history. Here’s an awesome sample from a couple days ago

i disargee completeley with your post, first of all you say they have a master plan well guess what im a master man, you think i like to use cups nah i like to drink out of cans. Call me stan I live with my dog in a caravan and its my jam that i play, everday all the time so dont try and say that i aint got no hay in my barn, then say that im barney youll get it from me with my thief back stab you like a leaf from a tree not for free , pay the price thats what youll get see.

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Thorp.7982

Meanwhile Elementalists kitten up a whole team with higher burst than thieves have single target, but AoE..

AoE damage and single target dmg isn’t really split in this game like in most other games. Put on some burning and fire grab hits just as hard as backstab but on multiple targets. Dragon’s Tooth, not far from the same dmg as backstab and on a 6s cd and AoE.. oh and ignores LoS and is ranged.

Coming from someone who has played both Elementalist and Thief for the whole game,

Fire Grab is not as easy to hit as a Backstab (and is on a 45-second cooldown, also having a prerequisite for it’s damage of needing the opponent to be burning) and is affected, unlike Backstab, by blocks/blinds/invulnerabilities/etc.

Usually to land a Burning Speed, Elementalists need to blow another long (compared to what Thieves have) cooldown such as Lightning Flash or Updraft.

Dragon’s Tooth takes forever to land and is just as obvious to see as Churning Earth.

It isn’t fair to directly compare professions to one another, only roles that they fill. I would say Thief is easier to play but less forgiving for the few times you can really mess up.

(edited by Thorp.7982)

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Guys just look at his post history.

^^ this.

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

It’s guys like this that make me miss Columba and Burnfall. Moreso Burnfall. His posts were always a treat.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I literally take 2 steps in wvw or pvp and i get backstabbed for 20k

I like that both sPvP and WvW dmg is the same level for him.

Thief press cloak and dagger and hit and rinse repeat keep 10k dmg over and over.

Oh kitten, a 50% nerf in dmg. 20k to 10k. Thief lose too much dmg over time man, that’s not fair

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

It’s guys like this that make me miss Columba and Burnfall. Moreso Burnfall. His posts were always a treat.

I am under the firm impression that Sanduskel is banned from the forums for kittening off so many players.

I do not miss him. :P

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: Walker.3056

Walker.3056

I am under the firm impression that Sanduskel is banned from the forums for kittening off so many players.

Maybe this is an Alt acc???

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

….. oh… my… kittening… god.

Attachments:

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

….. oh… my… kittening… god.

Nah.
San had this "not sure if trolling feel. (Him and his 40 thieves who killed all the other dragons and that’s why we get mordremoth next or something)
That and he, Columba and Burnfall all knew where the shift key was.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Thiefs are broken

in Thief

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

play a hard class like engi or ele

coming from someone with almost as equal hours for my engi and thief(700 on engi, 1000 on thief) i have a “easier” time playing that cheese turret build vrs S/d in ranked matches. As for ele, I have no comment. But i know a lot of them are using that bunker strength rune build? Which i 1v1’d and come out 2 for 7? but you’re right i should go play a harder class.

solo cheese engi/ex teef