Thieves and knockdowns

Thieves and knockdowns

in Thief

Posted by: darkrequiem.6258

darkrequiem.6258

Q:

Hi all, just hoping someone who consistently plays a thief in WvW could help me out.

I play for my main as a Mesmer (hears the cries of OP). Since my main source of dps is a Greatsword a thief going into stealth tends to make most of my clone/phantasm skills worthless (no target means either no clone or no using the skill at all). In order to counter this I use the Illusionary Wave skill in order to knockback the thief and give me time for the rendering to figure out where they are. Most of the time I’ve either given myself enough time or the thief is right behind me and stabbing me in the back. Definitely a first though to see a thief revealed 2 seconds later, running the same path I predicted with no hint of stability.

So to summarise, if you are hit with a knockback while stealthed, do you actually go flying as I’d hoped?

Thieves and knockdowns

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

A:

While stealthed you suffer all effects. Stealth does not grant any kind of immunity, so: yes, if you knockback a stealthed character he will be knocked back exactly as he was not stealthed. However pay attention to teleporting skills (Shadowstep, steal, etc…)

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Thieves and knockdowns

in Thief

Posted by: savage.3469

savage.3469

yes, they get knocked back, sometimes theres a glitch also where it takes them out of the stealth animation on there screen. very confusing.

Thieves and knockdowns

in Thief

Posted by: darkrequiem.6258

darkrequiem.6258

Thank you to both of you. This really helps clarify what is happening during the stealth time. =)

Thieves and knockdowns

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

You can dodge while in Stealth.

Thieves and knockdowns

in Thief

Posted by: savage.3469

savage.3469

you can also use indirect damage attacks, like poison fields ,caltrops, some traps,while in stealth, without breaking stealth.

so be mindful of that too