Thieves are overreacting

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Stop overreacting because of whatever bullkitten reason. Aka: Ugh my precious S/D now requires me to think and be smarter. Now I cant spam my boonsteal

Or:

Omg my precious d/p is destroyed because the pulse is now every duration now I cant sit in my blind field and win((((((

Honestly they aren’t even that big of a nerf. D/P is practically untouched, in fact it’s kind of gotten buffed. You can cleave now

S/D is slightly nerfed, but the overall effectiveness and pressure of the build will still remain strong.

Edit: Alright I’ve given up…I’m not gonna get involved any more.

(edited by alchemyst.2165)

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Thieves have sensitive egos… If all of these S/D thieves can survive the nerf to Infiltrators Return from gaining a cast time and not breaking a stun than this is nothing

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

This isn’t really helping you know, more fuel for the flames.

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: Eugenides.1274

Eugenides.1274

I think people were hoping for buffs along the lines of what we saw with Engi and Ranger. Most of the buffs are fairly minor and many traits are still completely useless.

If there’s no reason for people to get excited, of course they’ll complain about nerfs (regardless of whether they are necessary or not).

Attolis – Beyond the Wall [Crow]
Gandara

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Its a combination of others classes getting stronger+the nerfs.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

I think people were hoping for buffs along the lines of what we saw with Engi and Ranger. Most of the buffs are fairly minor and many traits are still completely useless.

If there’s no reason for people to get excited, of course they’ll complain about nerfs (regardless of whether they are necessary or not).

The thing is, Ranger NEEDED those buffs. In all honesty I think the buffs Rangers received will be the best buffs out of all the classes, or joint-best depending on what the others get.

But that’s how it should be. Rangers needed those buffs just to get up to par with how all the other professions are performing right now. Thieves don’t need lots of buffs. Like mesmers, elementalists, guardians and necros, they need tweaks – small buffs here, small fixes there. Warriors rightly got nerfed – perhaps not even by as much as some people were expecting.

The problem with the skillbar now is that a lot of professions are going to have high hopes now they have seen what Rangers received – however they forget that Rangers were most in need of those buffs (as indicated in the overwhelming majority of support for the Ranger CDI) to bring them up to scratch.

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

I haven’t seen any whining what’s this about?
The changes are generally welcome

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Omg my precious d/p is destroyed because the pulse is now every duration now I cant sit in my blind field and win((((((

Honestly they aren’t even that big of a nerf. D/P is practically untouched, in fact it’s kind of gotten buffed. You can cleave now

Good for you D/P users. So, it’s that kind of attitude that D/P is the only set that uses off-hand pistol.

Changes to BP is well deserved for D/P, sure, but in doing so, they effectively nerfed S/P and P/P — especially P/P and even more so insulting when reducing the casting time of Unload by 0.25s. What exactly would that do for P/P when their only defense is reduced to uselessness?

This is the reason why I’ve been saying time and time again that both D/D and P/P should have their own 5 skills weapon set so this BS will not happen.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Good for you D/P users. So, it’s that kind of attitude that D/P is the only set that uses off-hand pistol.

Changes to BP is well deserved for D/P, sure, but in doing so, they effectively nerfed S/P and P/P — especially P/P and even more so insulting when reducing the casting time of Unload by 0.25s. What exactly would that do for P/P when their only defense is reduced to uselessness?

This is the reason why I’ve been saying time and time again that both D/D and P/P should have their own 5 skills weapon set so this BS will not happen.

ding ding ding this^^^

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

This is my last post, Im trying not to get involved but I just had to respond to this.
Black Powder is still fine, its just slightly less effective. It’s just not as rewarding to sit in a blind field and do nothing any more. YOu have to use other skills and carry your own weight more.

Although Im not against P/P getting a slight defense buff for compensation.

Kay. Im done here now.

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Stop overreacting because of whatever bullkitten reason. Aka: Ugh my precious S/D now requires me to think and be smarter. Now I cant spam my boonsteal

In what way does making it harder to chain moves together to burst, making our unblockable attack unusable if the enemy is blocking, and making it easier to spam dodges, require me to think and play smarter? Please, enlighten me.

And if you’re spamming 3 to steal 1 boon per 5 ini spent, you’re an idiot.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

This is my last post, Im trying not to get involved but I just had to respond to this.
Black Powder is still fine, its just slightly less effective. It’s just not as rewarding to sit in a blind field and do nothing any more. YOu have to use other skills and carry your own weight more.

Kay. Im done here now.

Ah you’re from that Abyss guild on SBI.

I watched a bunch of you get wrecked by a power ranger from Mag

Thank you for your opinion but we really should disregard it.

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: Draugl.8079

Draugl.8079

If you don’t want to get involved in a topic opening a thread about it is not the most intelligent thing to do.
The nerf to blinding powder will be more than a slight nerf in pvp in my opinion, but it might be quite devastating for pve.

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Or:

S/D is slightly nerfed, but the overall effectiveness and pressure of the build will still remain strong.

Edit: Alright I’ve given up…I’m not gonna get involved any more.

From what I can tell, the reactions are warranted on the BP pulse change since nobody fell for standing in it, and the problem with it lies in the stealth giving combo with HS, not the pulses. The Choking Gas complaint is also warranted because IT DOES NO DAMAGE, IT ONLY GIVES POISON, THERE IS NO POINT IN MAKING IT GIVE REVEAL (through damage on hitting hte ground).

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Despite beign disappointed by the changes, I can clearly see and understand why anet made their nerfs, they were needed for overall balance.

I myself are merely only disappointed, because since the release of the game, the thief got only mostly 1 nerf after another with every balancing patch, this here again is also more a nerf than a buff, because of the nerfs easily outweighting the small improvements they did.
Giving Daggers a small cleave is nice n all, but not really that what this class needs.

The Thief class needs some bigger redesignnign tweaks to its overall core design based on Venoms, Stealing, Stealth and Mobility.
So more Anet implements Hard Counters into this game to Stealth, so more needs the thief Design to become more independant from Stealth.

The thief is a lackluster class, with way too less support options, total underpowered or useless traits/utility skills, except for Shadow Refuge, with is the thiefs only real good utility skill that keeps this class alive in the whole game so far …
Wouldn’t be there Shadow Refuge, Thieves would be already worser than Rangers, cause even Rangers provide far better Group Support, than Thieves do !!

i want to see the Thief Class finally flourish up to show its full gameplay potential, that this class could have, if Anet would finally lay their fingers also onto the core mechanics of this class and improve them with making Venom an integral part of the whole thief gameplay, reworking the steal mechanims into an automatism instead of having it bound to F1 and finally improve alot of their utility skills and UP traits that are sub par since game release compared to all of the other classes.

If ANet would make the thief class finally also less reliant on Stealth, then we wouldn’t also see so many people playing all the same perma stealth builds since game release.

And the class would become less reliant of Stealth, if the Thieves base health would be raised to that of the ranger, if their Shadow Step mechanic would get improved to become a better alternative for dodging to without losing endurance, so that thieves could avoid better gettign damage over having to use always stealth for that to avoid beign targeted and attacked directly.

They would be alot more fun to play, if Venoms would be an integral part of the thief gameplay affecting directly their weapon skills changing them and would be in combat a bit more unpredictable to fight against, unlike know, where you can basically foresee, when the thief will use stealth and what he will actually try in that time.

I can only hope for, that those chaanges that I wish for the thieves, are just only very time consuming and thus are kept back for a real big Balancing Update/Feature Update or an upcoming Expansion, where Anet just is then willing also to make some bigger changes in the gameplay mechanics of classes to significantly improve them.

Thieves desperately need a redesign in their Venom/Steal Gameplay as same as like rangers desperately need a redesign in their whole Pet Gameplay.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: TheThiefMaster.3812

TheThiefMaster.3812

The Op is as clueless as it gets tbh and he obviously started this thread to flame people since he was on Amon’s thread earlier spilling the same stuff.

You’ve been told this but ill repeat , the reason people aren’t happy about the changes isn’t because they are going to make our class unplayable its more about how unwarranted and unnecessary the changes were …..however for some reasons that seems to be too difficult for you to grasp.

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP
IGN – Kinsz / Server – Sea of Sorrows
https://www.youtube.com/user/BLNTGw2

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

T raw.4658

The Op is as clueless as it gets tbh and he obviously started this thread to flame people since he was on Amon’s thread earlier spilling the same stuff.

You’ve been told this but ill repeat , the reason people aren’t happy about the changes isn’t because they are going to make our class unplayable its more about how unwarranted and unnecessary the changes were …..however for some reasons that seems to be too difficult for you to grasp.

You’re also missing the point.

Every class discussed so far has received buffs. Even warrios are in the green so to speak after that discussion. Rangers/Engies for sure got bufffed too much.

Thieves got nothing but nerfs. (Sorry kitten about 1050 range pistols…..uhh the only way you are reaching that range is if someone is standing behind the dood you are shooting at 900 range)

So currently thieves are in decent place. Neither OP or grossly UP. With these nerfs and subsequent buffs to other classes tho……..

You get the picture…..hell these nerfs alone with zero changes to the other classes would put this class in a kittenty place

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

You’re also missing the point.

Every class discussed so far has received buffs. Even warrios are in the green so to speak after that discussion. Rangers/Engies for sure got bufffed too much.

Thieves got nothing but nerfs. (Sorry kitten about 1050 range pistols…..uhh the only way you are reaching that range is if someone is standing behind the dood you are shooting at 900 range)

So currently thieves are in decent place. Neither OP or grossly UP. With these nerfs and subsequent buffs to other classes tho……..

You get the picture…..hell these nerfs alone with zero changes to the other classes would put this class in a kittenty place

hows war in the green, the adrenaline nerfs to zerker stance and overall new adrenaline system is a massive nerf, and it doesnt proc cleansing ire as well.

while i do think that not all of these nerfs were needed, s/d thief needed a slight nerf at least.

i saw several ppl just spamming skill3 and beeing succesful by doing so (ofc by adding minimal amount of shadowsteps)

u ppl r overreacting

edit: no i am not a warrior.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Warrior didn’t really get buffs. Warriors will now have to actually use their F1 and manage their class mechanic properly to deal damage and the builds running 6/x/x/x/6 for 15% damage/crit chance are nullified, making their stats inherently lower, plus the adrenaline drain on OOC really hurts their uptime a lot more, and adrenaline consumption on skill use prevents the silly OOC blasting effects/mobility. Not to mention as the person above me stated, CI won’t trigger.

The BP change? THANK YOU. Seriously, anyone playing dagger mainhand against one of these just finally got some counterplay. The skill ceiling also increases and people might actually have to time their casts on BP for an interruption blind rather than just dropping it and sitting and kiting inside of it while their init regens.

S/D didn’t so much get nerfed as it did tweaked to better fit the initial vision of what S/D was supposed to be. FS with a de-target can now let skilled thieves have permanent uninterrupted dodges as they did with the old version, while cutting the initiative costs for evasion thieves. Spamming 3 will now be an effective tactic, but not one that will simply kill your foe with high damage coefficients and take their boons. Actually, I even prefer this, as I used to run an evasion S/D thief and dropped it because of the split on FS’s evade and being unable to double evade with it which forced me into a hole in that I had to play S/D a certain way.

And are people really complaining about power ranger getting buffed? I mean come on people, the class is absolute crap as it stands, and has seen no major buffs, changes, or glory since the game’s release. Engi might have been over-buffed in some departments, but what was buffed doesn’t really synergize with the current meta, so we’ll just have to wait and see.

Guard probably won’t get anything, and I have a feeling ele will probably face some nerfs in some of the more blatantly overpowered aspects of the class since the changes this past spring.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Rangers got buffed in areas that were abysmal to say the least.

1)Longbow is trash (as it stands pre patch)
2)Axe 1 is trash
3)GS was passable and the only real buffs were to the 4 aftercast and 5 stun duration. Maul damage is the same its just a better cleave now
4)The signets should not have needed the trait in the first place
5)The interesting change is to entangle, as it is a change in concept and not in numbers. (allowing better combos with different rune sets that proc on elite)

Shouts, Pet AI have not been touched. Trapper was buffed through Entangle.
Also remember that the main Ranger build, spirits, got nerfs in 2 previous patches.

Engineer got buffed for power builds. Turreter got nerfed.

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

:| I agree with the title!
We should be used to it by now.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Volrath.1473

Kay. Im done here now.

“slightly less effective” you know it is a 50% nerf in pulses + 50% nerf in blind duration right?

Not that I dont think its fair or anithing but… were is the compensation for this? 0,25sec faster Unloads? or is it the +3% healing on crits?

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

BP I’m sure was a PvE change cuz it made some encounters to easy, you can still HS through it if your d/p you still can trigger blindness from it just… less?

I’ve never touched it, but doesn’t P/P usually run SA with condi gear? How is a blind spam your only defense?

S/D changes are great, now ppl have to use their heads more and it has more counter play, but it still keeps it’s power.

I feel like A-net is trying to make it so that players have to set up more in combat and that shows with the adrenaline nerf to wars.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: darres.8203

darres.8203

more like
“oh now bad players don’t have to get outside of the blind field to win!”
i bet you never even tried to use your melee range to reach into the blind field…without being blinded…with a dagger…

who needs to dodge black powder when you can just sit inside and win
dodging and map awareness is overrated anyways

buuuut that’s none of my business though

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

T raw.4658

Warrior didn’t really get buffs. Warriors will now have to actually use their F1 and manage their class mechanic properly to deal damage and the builds running 6/x/x/x/6 for 15% damage/crit chance are nullified, making their stats inherently lower, plus the adrenaline drain on OOC really hurts their uptime a lot more, and adrenaline consumption on skill use prevents the silly OOC blasting effects/mobility. Not to mention as the person above me stated, CI won’t trigger.

The BP change? THANK YOU. Seriously, anyone playing dagger mainhand against one of these just finally got some counterplay. The skill ceiling also increases and people might actually have to time their casts on BP for an interruption blind rather than just dropping it and sitting and kiting inside of it while their init regens.

S/D didn’t so much get nerfed as it did tweaked to better fit the initial vision of what S/D was supposed to be. FS with a de-target can now let skilled thieves have permanent uninterrupted dodges as they did with the old version, while cutting the initiative costs for evasion thieves. Spamming 3 will now be an effective tactic, but not one that will simply kill your foe with high damage coefficients and take their boons. Actually, I even prefer this, as I used to run an evasion S/D thief and dropped it because of the split on FS’s evade and being unable to double evade with it which forced me into a hole in that I had to play S/D a certain way.

And are people really complaining about power ranger getting buffed? I mean come on people, the class is absolute crap as it stands, and has seen no major buffs, changes, or glory since the game’s release. Engi might have been over-buffed in some departments, but what was buffed doesn’t really synergize with the current meta, so we’ll just have to wait and see.

Guard probably won’t get anything, and I have a feeling ele will probably face some nerfs in some of the more blatantly overpowered aspects of the class since the changes this past spring.

Wow another thief happy about his class getting nerfed because he chooses to play D/D.

News flash you have plenty of counter play available now.

How about you get a couple of fights in using scorpion wire then come back….

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

Ah you’re from that Abyss guild on SBI.

I watched a bunch of you get wrecked by a power ranger from Mag

Thank you for your opinion but we really should disregard it.

That’s Mr. Power Ranger from Mag to you, sir.

But to be on topic, I like that they’re adding some skillful counter-play to the game. I will always support that. I am not sure the S/D nerf was entirely warranted, but I think people are kind of playing it up a bit. The good thieves will still be really kitten scary with that weapon set.

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

thieves desperately need more weapon sets

Thieves are overreacting

in Thief

Volrath.1473

thieves desperately need more weapon sets

no, thieves just need the ones they have to be viable. A-net disagrees, why? they keep nerfing the viable weapon sets with every single “balance” patch since launch.

with this changes thieves will prolly go P/D full condi or hybrid with celestial. at least we know that it will last for about 6-8 month until the next so called “balance” patch hits so you might as well start training with it.