Thieves got short range

Thieves got short range

in Thief

Posted by: Nuorus.8415

Nuorus.8415

Hello!

I’m not a thief but a warrior and I would like to reguest a buff for thieves.

I run arah alot and find thieves not so good in it because of the short range of their skills. If u don’t melee lupicus and other hard bosses u need to range it obviously. Thieves got no option to go really ranged. They will be always be at close distance from the target. It doesn’t matter if the dmg ain’t that good but the distance from bosses like Lupi is important specially when u aren’t so experienced with it.

Make some trait or something like that to upgrade pistols’ range or even shortbow. Just to make thief more useful on dungeons. If u think “Thieves are useful because of their stealth” well mesmer can also do that. Not so well but if u do things right Mesmer is enough and that class actually has range(and dmg AND utility).

Please Anet: Pimp their Thieves!

PS: I don’t like thieves overall :P

Feel free to argue with me. You learn something every time and it develops your personality.

People seems using word “trolling” out of context way too often…

Thieves got short range

in Thief

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Just about every solo lupi video ever is a thief…using…Melee. Secondly Thieves have the highest mobility of any class, and should never get hit in PvE if they know the fight.

Your PUG thieves are dying in arah because they are terrible, not because their class is restricting them.

But yes pistols are garbage and need a massive buff.

Thieves got short range

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

While Melee is preferable in 99.99999999999999999999999% of situations, I do think that at least one ranged weapon being able to reach 1200 units would be nice.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Thieves got short range

in Thief

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

While Melee is preferable in 99.99999999999999999999999% of situations, I do think that at least one ranged weapon being able to reach 1200 units would be nice.

the only thing I can really think of is to make trick shot 1200 range, but penalize the bounces

ex: 0-400 (3 bounces) 400-800 (2 bounces) 800-1000 (1 bounce) 1000-1200 (single target)

Maybeeeeeeeeeeee increase the damage for for 1000-1200

Thieves got short range

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Or give us rifles <_<

Thieves got short range

in Thief

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

Sniper ones. 2500 range.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

Thieves got short range

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Or give us rifles <_<

Thieves got short range

in Thief

Posted by: Smo.6520

Smo.6520

Or give us rifles <_<

Thieves got short range

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Sniper ones. 2500 range.

Sry but warriors cry after this, so they will get it -.-

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

Thieves got short range

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Or give us rifles <_<

No thanks, give me this dude’s Bazooka. Melee + Ranged attacks and AOEs included.
1200+ range of course.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Thieves got short range

in Thief

Posted by: Nuorus.8415

Nuorus.8415

Sniper ones. 2500 range.

Sry but warriors cry after this, so they will get it -.-

Warrior isn’t only class with rifle.

On topic: Yes the pugs I play with aren’t the best. Anet has stated that the game is ment for everyone. From casual to hardcore gamers. Some people can’t play the game much and arah will be hard to those people and that makes them have one dungeon less. Or one dungeon more that they can not do.

I’m just asking an option to those arah newbies or thief newbies to get something a bit easier allowing them to be a bit more useful and feel they are useful. Every other class has long range option.

Weak long range is better than dead short range newbie.

Other option: Put modified charr rifles on a barrel near bosses like lupicus? Every class would get the range and when u get out of the dungeon u would loose it.

Feel free to argue with me. You learn something every time and it develops your personality.

People seems using word “trolling” out of context way too often…

(edited by Nuorus.8415)

Thieves got short range

in Thief

Posted by: Heizero.9183

Heizero.9183

I think a simple fix would be on pistol range. It is not working as intended, and broken. I run Arah as well adn with normal groups where we stack at 900 range for phase 1, the pistol DOES NOT reach. the tooltip says 900 range and my range indicator shows that i am within 900 range, but my shots still say “out of range” this is a pretty serious problem taht i think needs to be fixed….

Commander Unyielding Shadow – Human Thief
Champion Shadow
Better Luck Next Time [BLNT]-Sea of Sorrows