Thieves vs Guardians

Thieves vs Guardians

in Thief

Posted by: Tomolyons.7134

Tomolyons.7134

Ive encountered many thieves 1 on 1 in WvW and i have to say how stupidly OP this class is. Now i’m not going to whine and whine and say thieves need a nerf blah blah. But i’m going to give some feedback on the thief. i am also a TANK guardian so keep that in mind.

Firstly, a thieves worst nightmare SHOULD be anything that can deal damage to him/her simply because of the armor they wear. I would say a thief should be a hit and run class, for example, you go invisible, sneak up on the person and attack and hopefully kill and get out of there, but it’s gotta be done fast or your going to be in serious trouble.

In my opinion, Once the thief gets in close combat with a warrior or guardian head on, then hes in serious trouble again. BUT if he gets the first attack from behind or invisible, then the guardian or warrior is in some big trouble. It’s the first attack that is vital and a turn around with the thief, That’s the way a thief should work.

Like i said ive fought many thieves and then come in shooting their pistols at me, stun me and then does 10k of damage in 3 seconds against someone who has platemail on. If i remember rightly, EVERY game i have played, the thief struggles trying to kill the heavily armored classes for obvious reasons but they easily kill those who ear light armor or medium which is understandable.

so far i havent won a fight against a thief i hit them but dont seem to damage them, even though they wear medium armor and are dealing MASSIVE amounts of damage in such a short time.

Thieves vs Guardians

in Thief

Posted by: Turbo Whale.1738

Turbo Whale.1738

Obviously you aren’t packing enough stun breakers, dodges, condition removals, invulnerability utilities, blinks, retaliation, etc to use on this one player. Thief isn’t OP, you need to L2P.

secretly “Please don’t nerf my faceroll build :’(”

/story of glass cannon instagib thief

Thieves vs Guardians

in Thief

Posted by: ZLE.8293

ZLE.8293

Poor guardians.This is by far the most underpowered class in the game.

Ss Ninja- Rank 50 Asura Condition Thief (The Bulgarians [BG])
My Ringtones on Zedge >>>C l i c k <<<

Thieves vs Guardians

in Thief

Posted by: Kapoun.1702

Kapoun.1702

Another thief hate post, just l2p noob

Thieves vs Guardians

in Thief

Posted by: Blazer Hellsing.9184

Blazer Hellsing.9184

Oh cool, didn’t know people actually played glass cannon guardians like you! Well as a glass cannon you’ll have trouble against a thief glass cannon.

Main: Thief
Alts: Warrior, Necromancer, Mesmer, Elementalist (bunker)

Thieves vs Guardians

in Thief

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

i honestly, beat guardians, but i think it boils down to your gameplay and armory of choice,

i always thought of guardians having an immense/insane amount of toughness,

and also in the back of my mind, they can only reach a meager 20k plus of hp,

so my approach is to bleed you to death, since toughness bypass your toughness,,

its always learn to play,

learn to hybrid your guardian,

dont single out one build, you will end up dying without a proper fight,

Thieves vs Guardians

in Thief

Posted by: Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

You might want to have a bit more then 10k health…. but who am I too judge, I haven’t done WvW with my Guardian

Founder of [CBA]/Former vE
No.2 Warrior NA/Irl behind Mr Kitten.7359

Thieves vs Guardians

in Thief

Posted by: Ignarel.7916

Ignarel.7916

Leaving aside the opness of the thief (which I don’t agree on), you ask for answers and the thief forum delivers.
First of all, armor is not that relevant in this game, so I would just stop thinking about “I am a plate wearer”.
Guardians are really well suited for countering the most used specs, backstab burst and pistol whip.
For a backstab thief, you want to pop a block as soon as they jump to you, it should be time between the steal and the backstab (unless you are caught from behind, but you said you had no issues with the thief surprise attack beating you). Also, if you are really confident, a retaliation is hilarious.
For pistol whip ones, you have a shout (stand your ground I think it’s called) that gives you stability (so you cannot be stunned and walk away from the flurry) and retaliation (so the hits they connect hurt them as well as you).
You may ask why you should slot an utility to counter them, but they slot 1-2 or even 3 for killing you, so it’s a good deal if you ask me.
Hope this helps.
(Sorry if my english is bad, but it’s not my mother language)

(edited by Ignarel.7916)

Thieves vs Guardians

in Thief

Posted by: Pirhana.8935

Pirhana.8935

My main is a thief and the hardest class for me to fight in WvW is a guardian, because of this i made a guardian as my alt.

Thieves vs Guardians

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

My main is a thief and the hardest class for me to fight in WvW is a guardian, because of this i made a guardian as my alt.

This

I always have trouble against guardians when I’m not using adds (thieves guild, and thief trap). OP just needs to learn how to utilize his class properly…

Thieves vs Guardians

in Thief

Posted by: Knyx.5926

Knyx.5926

I am sorry did the OP just claim a thief used unload on him (a guardian) for 10k damage? ahhhhh hahahahahahaha

Thieves vs Guardians

in Thief

Posted by: applied disbelief.8763

applied disbelief.8763

So, you’re mad that you can’t “ug-smash” your way through a thief, because this game isn’t your previous games, and the Guardian’s defensive abilities aren’t those of tanks from your previous games? Mkay. Speaking as a Guardian, thieves can be difficult, especially if they stay at range and use conditions, but you are playing poorly if you repeatedly see them coming at you with pistols, let them unload on you without blocking, or let them stun you without using one of your multiple stun breakers (why aren’t you carrying at least one in pvp?). Use protection, use reflection, dodge, blind them repeatedly, immobilize them, chain-knock their kitten down with a hammer and signet, or use one of your several bubble skills to knock them down, back, or renewed focus to absorb their chain. They can get around these if they are smart, but you can make these things work, especially if you see them coming. If you don’t then you don’t have much right to complain since you said sneaky insta-gibbing is what they should be anyway. Pack more resilience in your gear choices, learn how Guardian defenses actually work, and stop airing out your misplaced frustrations in a public forum.

“Everything sacred is a tie, a fetter.”

Thieves vs Guardians

in Thief

Posted by: Lan.1968

Lan.1968

Sorry I have to agree with the general concensus here. Guardians, especially support guardians, have been my biggest bane in pvp. It’s not because a guardian can kill me, but it’s because I can’t kill a guardian. You’ve done something wrong with your build, and I’d suggest looking into the guardian section of the forum and see how they deal against thieves.

Thieves vs Guardians

in Thief

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

If you’re a guardian struggling against a thief, it’s not a problem with the game.