Thieves with Infinite Stealth

in Thief

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

So there’s culling in Spvp too? That’s good to know. I do know that thief skills were nerfed for Spvp, so perhaps perma stealth wouldn’t matter as much there, if it existed. If they want to fix. WvWvW in the same way, fine by me.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in Thief

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Unless things have changed, there was a build you could do to get infinite stealth for a theif. I believe it involved pistol/dagger skill with other deception skills. Its on youtube, Id link it but I am at work and do go on youtube whilst at work.

People still getting beaten up because they can’t understand stealth are bad. WvW players are bad in general. Try that P/D ‘infinite’ stealth in sPvP. All the higher ranked people will laugh at you.

I was just pointing out that it is possible to build permanant stealth on a thief. Not really sure why your bringing up WvW or sPVP.

in Thief

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

So there’s culling in Spvp too? That’s good to know. I do know that thief skills were nerfed for Spvp, so perhaps perma stealth wouldn’t matter as much there, if it existed. If they want to fix. WvWvW in the same way, fine by me.

Rofl, this guy thieves damage was nerfed on cloak and dagger, dancing dagger, and cluster bomb. You see anything involving stealth there? 1 track mind lol.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Thief

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

@OP Do you know why the higher ranked people don’t complain about Thieves? Guess what, they know what to do. You just start calling for changes (be it good or bad) while you have no clue what you are talking about. Just like you said, you never played a Thief. Start playing one for a day, maybe you can beat one if you are competent enough to understand the profession.

Calm down cowboy. He’s talking about WvW.

While D/P may not be that strong in s/tPvP, that kitten is kitten in WvW. This is basically the strongest 1v1 build for thief imo.

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Actually … perma stealth does exist everywhere. It all comes down to weapons and traits, not game mode. But as such a thief expert you allready knew that, right ?

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

Unless things have changed, there was a build you could do to get infinite stealth for a theif. I believe it involved pistol/dagger skill with other deception skills. Its on youtube, Id link it but I am at work and do go on youtube whilst at work.

People still getting beaten up because they can’t understand stealth are bad. WvW players are bad in general. Try that P/D ‘infinite’ stealth in sPvP. All the higher ranked people will laugh at you.

Would you like to come to WvW and show how much of a bad player I am on my P/D thief?

in Thief

Posted by: rainbeetle.4579

rainbeetle.4579

First, to preface, I am a wvw noob and just started this week. But after some frustrating experiences like the one described by the OP, I decided I needed to visit this forum and try to learn something about thieves.

I am hoping that I have the answer to what the OP perceived as infinite stealth (not necessarily culling issues).

We were trying to protect a caravan (we REALLY wanted to upgrade our paper tower’s walls), and two thieves were tag teaming to slowly whittle it down every time. They weren’t hitting hard, and would appear, hit, and restealth a few times in a row each. I was running around hammering my tab key and still my shot never reached them before they disappeared again. They were clearly taking dmg from aoe, but it’s still very annoying not to be able to hit someone. So about 15 or so of us were running around throwing aoe all around the caravan, swinging wildly, etc. Since we never saw either other than when they were actually attacking (a brief second or so), it appeared they were always stealthed.

Once I gave up and just started just running supply to rebuild our wimpy wall that kept getting knocked down, I saw what they were doing from a distance. They would attack and then zoom out of los to rest and I assume wait on cd’s and the resource they use (initiative?). One was going up behind a little hill and would even peek over the top to watch all the fun down below (having a snack and rofl’ing at us I’m sure). When I tried to follow up there, she just put up her little house (shadow refuge I think that is).

Since there were 2, they were doing a very good job of keeping all our attention on trying to catch the one that was attacking while the other rested out of los.

This is clever and not cheating or hacking. I think the thief class is just designed to harass and ‘fight dirty,’ and that can be (extremely) irritating. We won in the end – I think they were finally chased off by all the aoe similar to the OP’s experience, and we got to upgrade our walls – but I’m sure many players there weren’t entirely satisfied since we didn’t ever catch or kill the thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

I am the bone of my dagger
Culling is my body and Crit is my blood
I have created over a thousand Tears
Unknown to Noobs, Nor known to Devs
Have withstood haters to create many ragequits
Yet, those people will never mean anything
So as I pray, unlimited stealth works.