Thinking of changing jewelry. Suggestions?

in Thief

Posted by: Almoryk Kane.6085

Almoryk Kane.6085

I really want to get back into my thief but going full berserker just leaves me way too squishy then I normally would like. I’ve been getting back into fractles with my guardian and my thief has yet to get any ascended jewelry. Right now I just have berserker stat crafted jewelry.

I was thinking if I switched to the Knight stat ascended jewelry, I could give myself a big boost in toughness without sacrificing too much power or precision. I would loose a bit of critical but that’s not as important as my traits I have set up do provide critical chances.

Also the stats ‘of the knight’ would not change my precision and would give me just a bit of toughness.

So suggestions? I’m not sure what I want to do with my thief. My engineer goes into WvW. My Warrior is my main PvE. Guardian I do fractals with. And Necromancer is my Structure PvP. I have yet to really find a place for my Thief either just an alternative PvE or maybe something will come out.

Currently I have 30 points in Critical Strikes, 30 points in Shadow Arts, and 10 points in Acrobatics. Focusing mostly on stealth based combat.

Can I make my berserker work with just a few trait changes? Would toughness not be such a bad thing? All I know is I want to play my thief more and those that play thief as there main may understand. It a fun class. Any help would be appreciated.

in Thief

Posted by: Almoryk Kane.6085

Almoryk Kane.6085

Anyone? No one? just suggestions if I should stick with berserker or if toughness wouldn’t hurt.

in Thief

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

3 things. do not buy ascended anything til the crit damage nerf goes through the math might change. the go to set for zerk opt out is Valk. If your a basic 0 30 30 10 0 with hidden killer then the precision can go bye bye for anything else you need to survive. If you are not going to PvP with you thief you could just go S/P with SoM as your heal and just avoid almost all damage through evasion and still play glass.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele