This class makes pve irrelevant.

in Thief

Posted by: Ariete.6509

Ariete.6509

Really loved the introduction of the exploration and slow pacing of traits, so i elected a thief to be my new pve guy.

Unfortuanetly once you know Black powder is there, unless you’re really forcing to toy around other abilities, simply having a pistol on the off-hand and timing blackpowder to perma blind your foes it’s just… too much access to blind, it makes most of pve irrelevant tbh, or am i missing something at higher levels (lvl28 atm)?

EDIT: oh and btw, the signet for the 25% increased speed… yeah that blinds too and there’s even more access to blind without relying only on initiative but nvm that, there’s also utilities to get you more initiative so spamming blinds it’s a given.

(edited by Ariete.6509)

in Thief

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

It’s getting nerfed next feature patch. Only one blind ever 2 seconds. Still might completely cheese some enemies, but at least it’s reduced.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in Thief

Posted by: Ariete.6509

Ariete.6509

still… this has been up for 2 years now? i guess the only fun lies one you force yourself not to spam it i guess…

in Thief

Posted by: sirrealist.1360

sirrealist.1360

I never found that method to be fun anyway. D/D & SB condi thief FTW

in Thief

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Thieves are definitely easy to level, but they’re not the only ones that can make it irrelevant. Rangers can afk through 90% of open world enemies assuming you started the autoattack.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Thief

Posted by: oEnvy.3064

oEnvy.3064

it’s okay it’s already irrelevant

Thief
twitch.tv/bey0ndb

in Thief

Posted by: sirrealist.1360

sirrealist.1360

@OP: Try going into areas where you fight 3-5 enemies at a time, 6-8 levels above you. IDK about X/P, but with D/D & SB it’s a lot of fun! 1-2 hits and you’re downed and the enemies don’t melt immediately.

in Thief

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

Is their any class beside mesmer that has problems leveling???

in Thief

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

to be honest, if you want to take your time, GW2 can be extremely easy. but that makes for extremely slow, boring gameplay, so i don’t do it.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

No matter the class PVE is irrelevant :-P

But, it’s totally up to you too pick up another weapon set bro.

It’s what you make it yourself. You are not forced to play in a specific way.

Gaming is all about FUN, so, make it FUN!

/out

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Really loved the introduction of the exploration and slow pacing of traits, so i elected a thief to be my new pve guy.

Unfortuanetly once you know Black powder is there, unless you’re really forcing to toy around other abilities, simply having a pistol on the off-hand and timing blackpowder to perma blind your foes it’s just… too much access to blind, it makes most of pve irrelevant tbh, or am i missing something at higher levels (lvl28 atm)?

EDIT: oh and btw, the signet for the 25% increased speed… yeah that blinds too and there’s even more access to blind without relying only on initiative but nvm that, there’s also utilities to get you more initiative so spamming blinds it’s a given.

Lol did u try playing something with actual defences then ?:D And yeah at higher (80) levels with berserker gear you (and any other class) wont even need blinds to deal with mobs in open world, they will drop too fast.
Oh and you will regret what you just said once u start doing certain dungeons with your thief when you will get one shoted by trash mobs while your group members will still have 50% hp left.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

(edited by Karolis.4261)

in Thief

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Ele starts out pretty squishy, but once you get a few utility skills and traits opened it gets a lot better. Mesmer has to wait a lot longer for the Deceptive Evasion trait.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Thief

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Go fight dredge.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Thief

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I’m just playing a mesmer now and have no problems whatsoever. No classes should have problems in open world PvE if you can play them right.

At lot of new thieves have trouble finding the simple tactics and want to mash all the buttons instead. The weapon sets do give you everything you need right from level 1 though. Black powder isn’t as strong when you get more troublesome enemies that move, put down aoe damage, come in mixed groups of ranged and melee, have their own evade patterns, and so on. They tend to turn up past level 40.

in Thief

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

It will receive a nerf, so this skill will soon be 100% balanced!!

I’m going back to the pvp forums now, cya.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in Thief

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

Ele starts out pretty squishy, but once you get a few utility skills and traits opened it gets a lot better. Mesmer has to wait a lot longer for the Deceptive Evasion trait.

Nah the problem with mesmer is that you cant nuke through the content like with other classes.

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

It will receive a nerf, so this skill will soon be 100% balanced!!

I’m going back to the pvp forums now, cya.

Because black powder is so OP. Oh w8.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough