This is ridiculous

This is ridiculous

in Thief

Posted by: folly dragon.4126

folly dragon.4126

only thing I think, make stealth skills work even with revealed with exception of backstab.

This is ridiculous

in Thief

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

Preventing dmg shouldn’t be an unlimited use tool!
If you make a mistake you should pay for it, no go stealth , rinse and repeat like d/p do…plus..spamming autoattacks?..At what should I spam auto-attack if I need a target to hit are you kidding me?

It’s not. He attacks from stealth, he pays with revealed, if you aren’t good enough to punish him for revealing himself to you, that’s on you.

Then l2notgethitetctetctetc? really?I can dodge only twice and then I need to wait 10s while the d/p thief can spam black powder and HS all day long

I said learn to not get hit in the back with backstab…because otherwise backstab does as much damage as my guardian’s third autoattack.

This is ridiculous

in Thief

Posted by: bobross.5034

bobross.5034

Certain classes have a real problem with thieves, and this gives them a (costly) answer. It doesn’t kill thieves outright, but forces them to react. Thieves are still very mobile as well, so if they get caught by this trap, they should be able to get away for 30 seconds, and then start over.

The trap can’t really be used as a reaction to a trolling thief anyway, as the thief can see a person use it. This means the thief can avoid the trap, unless they are careless, and then who’s fault is that?

Within a zerg, a revealed thief can wait for 30 seconds and use short bow, not a big deal…this does offer options to prevent portal bombing, which just enhances strategic elements of the game…laying down extra resources to protect an exposed treb…not a big deal really.

This is ridiculous

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Certain classes have a real problem with thieves, and this gives them a (costly) answer. It doesn’t kill thieves outright, but forces them to react. Thieves are still very mobile as well, so if they get caught by this trap, they should be able to get away for 30 seconds, and then start over.

The trap can’t really be used as a reaction to a trolling thief anyway, as the thief can see a person use it. This means the thief can avoid the trap, unless they are careless, and then who’s fault is that?

Within a zerg, a revealed thief can wait for 30 seconds and use short bow, not a big deal…this does offer options to prevent portal bombing, which just enhances strategic elements of the game…laying down extra resources to protect an exposed treb…not a big deal really.

And again, it’s not about the actual cost/application effectiveness of the trap, how well it can be used on thieves, and so on – I’m not a fan of Anet introducing any effect that effectively invalidates an entire traitline, some traits outside that line, multiple utilities, and more for any class.

If the trap were meant to solely target portal/veil bombs, it could have simply pulsed a 3s reveal every second for 10s in the same radius. 30s reveal is pretty clearly targeted at thieves caught in the trap.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

This is ridiculous

in Thief

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

The only thing is that to access one of our main attacks, we need to be stealthed, 30 seconds of revealed means 30 secs of non-backstab attacks. How about giving us a way to backstab outside of stealth? :P lol

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

This is ridiculous

in Thief

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

The ‘best’ answer given from thieves players so far: ’ just spam aoe in the last spot they were’….-_-, yeah the stealth mechanic in this game is completely broken and hopefully this new trap will give a fighting chance against the so many thieves out there who think to possess real skill..time to learn to dodge my dear thieves!

Well no kitten, Stealth is a defensive mechanic too did you know that? Stealth is supposed to help the thief prevent damage, and their easy access to it is met with a comparatively low health pool.

To be honest, spam aoe is the wrong answer unless you are sure you will hit him. Spam autoattack is the right answer. Don’t blow cooldowns on something you might not hit.

Also, l2notgethitinthebackwithbackstab

Preventing dmg shouldn’t be an unlimited use tool!
If you make a mistake you should pay for it, no go stealth , rinse and repeat like d/p do…plus..spamming autoattacks?..At what should I spam auto-attack if I need a target to hit are you kidding me?

Then l2notgethitetctetctetc? really?I can dodge only twice and then I need to wait 10s while the d/p thief can spam black powder and HS all day long

You can pretend the thief is in a good place all you want, but most thieves here are just fighting for the class they like best and have moved on to a different profession to be able to fight competitively. It’s not a matter of L2P, as literally any other profession is in a better place than thief at this point.

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

This is ridiculous

in Thief

Posted by: RoterFuchs.9216

RoterFuchs.9216

At what should I spam auto-attack if I need a target to hit are you kidding me?

You do realize that you don’t need a target to use and hit with your autoattack, do you? If a dagger thief stealths there is a 90-99% probability of him getting close to you to pull off a backstab. If you constantly spam your autoattack you will eventually hit him, or he will retreat without attacking.

This is ridiculous

in Thief

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

I for one love the fact that I don’t have to be bullied by some perma-stealth thief popping in/out of stealth just to land a few hits and pop back into stealth, it’s annoying as heck…

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

This is ridiculous

in Thief

Posted by: YourOwnFear.2743

YourOwnFear.2743

You do realize that you don’t need a target to use and hit with your autoattack, do you? If a dagger thief stealths there is a 90-99% probability of him getting close to you to pull off a backstab. If you constantly spam your autoattack you will eventually hit him, or he will retreat without attacking.

I can’t think of a single auto attacks fist hit that would cause me to back off. If I am in range to get hit by an auto then I am in range to dodge roll backstab. Backstab > every first hit auto in the game. Besides that, if the person I am hunting is ranged its a free kill because they can’t do anything but run and use up endurance/defensive cds. Especially if I am D/P.

This is ridiculous

in Thief

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

I can’t think of a single auto attacks fist hit that would cause me to back off. If I am in range to get hit by an auto then I am in range to dodge roll backstab. Backstab > every first hit auto in the game. Besides that, if the person I am hunting is ranged its a free kill because they can’t do anything but run and use up endurance/defensive cds. Especially if I am D/P.

TY! Finally an honest thief!
I have to say that personally I can still land my range attacks, once I dodge their backstab attempt but them, if thief players would really love their profession, the nature of it, they would suggest alternative to such absurd mechanics.
I don’t believe any sane and honest person can say that perma stealth is a legitimate mechanic, you want to have stealth? Fine have it!But being invisible almost permanently, no pls.

If at least thief skills would have CD on top of ini cost ( reduced in some cases) than yes, maybe in that situation a perma stealth mechanic would be tolerated, ‘cause I know once I dodge that attack you’ll have to wait even if you go stealth..but right now dodging a thief attacks is pointless because you can spam HS and backstan or flanking strike all day long, I can’t dodge forever and can’t kite forever and If I can hit you 20% of times then there is something wrong