This is so freaking annoying

in Thief

Posted by: Direwind.8409

Direwind.8409

its starting to bother me alot..

WHY DO we have no range attacks! every other class can use some sort of 1200 ranged attack?! why not thief?! why do we have to jump up on a wall to even have the chance to hit anything in a keep siege (before we die instantly to focus)

im so sick of watching rather than getting into the battle, we need a ranged attck of 1200

in Thief

Posted by: Dembian.9257

Dembian.9257

no just use a short bow and don’t stand in red circles in sieges

drop fields for blast finisher’s

in Thief

Posted by: HatSimulator.9362

HatSimulator.9362

rangers need to stand on the edge to hit because Line of sight. warriors too, and mesmers… Anymore questions

Gates of Madness [DUI]
Main Warrior | Every other class at 80
I only play WvW

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

WHY DO we have no range attacks! every other class can use some sort of 1200 ranged attack?! why not thief?! why do we have to jump up on a wall to even have the chance to hit anything in a keep siege (before we die instantly to focus)

im so sick of watching rather than getting into the battle, we need a ranged attck of 1200

Shadow Refuge→Exit Keep→Do something→Steal on someone at the gate→Get back in→Profit

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

What disturbs me more is that Engineers can throw their nades up at us while
we stand on high spots on the walls. While we can’t even reach the ground right in front of the wall with clusterbomb.

1500 range thrown and 900 range shortbow ~shrug~

I think they should introduce some ballistics system to the weapon sets,
when firing downhill the range should be increased.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Thief

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

You just need to break away from your habit of hanging out with zergs and thinking ranged attacks are good IMO.

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

in Thief

Posted by: shadowraith.9124

shadowraith.9124

I don’t think the devs even understood why they were told to nerf the range of cluster bomb. To this day it is a closely guarded secret.

in Thief

Posted by: Kiro.3164

Kiro.3164

Trait for 1500 steal radius or reroll to ranger.

Main: Lv80 Thief
Alts: Lv80 Necromancer, Lv80 Mesmer
[GoF] Blackgate

in Thief

Kiro.3164

Do want.

[GoF] Blackgate

in Thief

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

The Thief doesn’t need 1200 range, because it has superior movement and speed to any other profession in the game. It’s as simple as that.

Having said that, though, I did love my 1200 range Cluster Bomb. It use to be so fun to shot over walls…

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in Thief

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Signet of Malice + Shadowstep + Daggerstorm + Shadow Return = Profit

Shadowstep 1200, you are the ranged weapon.

also as said above, trait Long Reach, I have it and it’s amazing.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Thief

Kiro.3164

Signet of Malice + Shadowstep + Daggerstorm + Shadow Return = Profit

Shadowstep 1200, you are the ranged weapon.

also as said above, trait Long Reach, I have it and it’s amazing.

Can stay longer and hurt a zerg more if you have 20 in trick and trait ricochet. What you’ve said, I do.

Naturally as long as a static doesnt get tossed on me…

[GoF] Blackgate

in Thief

Posted by: Kyrion.2749

Kyrion.2749

Awesome collection of bandaids and self-delusions, but at the end of the day, the OP’s statement reamins true. Thieves don’t have any 1200 range attack.

Look, I have lots of money in the bank, a lovely wife that loves me, a nice directive job, and lots of people more than willing to fulfill/getting absolutely all I wish… But I have no arms…. You may say “You don’t need arms, man”… But you know what? I’d like just to have them….

in Thief

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Awesome collection of bandaids and self-delusions, but at the end of the day, the OP’s statement reamins true. Thieves don’t have any 1200 range attack.

Look, I have lots of money in the bank, a lovely wife that loves me, a nice directive job, and lots of people more than willing to fulfill/getting absolutely all I wish… But I have no arms…. You may say “You don’t need arms, man”… But you know what? I’d like just to have them….

That would be fine. But it’s a game. You can’t have it all, otherwise it would trivialize content. Not to mention that it would also ruin the competitive aspect.

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

1200 range on cluster shot was too OP. i think it was over nerf to 900 i would much rather seen it be 100 or even 1050 but it not that big of a deal overall.

in Thief

Posted by: Dembian.9257

Dembian.9257

we are thieves/rogues/asassins whatever you call us

were meant to be up close and personal not from a distance.

900 Range might not be perfect but it fits the class imo

in Thief

Kiro.3164

The way I see it is if you think that the thief get nerfed. You’re crazy.

Just by respecing after a major nerf can make us “op” in the eyes of any new player. Experienced pvp/wvw players can predict our every move even with stealth. It really isnt that hard to do.

[GoF] Blackgate

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

we stand on high spots on the walls. While we can’t even reach the ground right in front of the wall with clusterbomb.

this takes incredible programm skills and a working knowledge of physics. srry anet cant afford to hire people with this sort of education :P they do it themselves it seems. i mean if im wrong then its just laziness ….sooooo…. yeah i agree. it should be like this without saying!

in Thief

Posted by: Kyrion.2749

Kyrion.2749

I do indeed miss the archery system from GW1.

It was awesome… Different families of bows each with their own properties… speed, arrow flight path, accuracy, penetration… with simple but effective physics, like extended range/damage downhill, reduced range/damage uphill…

It made you feel like a true bow master. And I felt a bit disappointed when I saw the system they choose to implement for GW2.

in Thief

Posted by: SpaceCowboy.1398

SpaceCowboy.1398

I miss GW1 profession system entirely. I really thought GW2 was going to be every bit as flexible, but sadly no. All of the adventure classes seem to have ways to spec into evasion, which I like as a playstyle. Unfortuntely, each one has a major drawback. Engineer requires a lot of micromanagment and skill, Rangers saddle you with a pet to babysit, and Thieves have no range beyond 900.

I’m looking forward to the new traits and skills they are going to add to the game, but if they don’t introduce something that basically lets me play a petless Ranger in next couple months then I’m gone.

I like what I’m hearing about EQNext and TESO, class systems where you can mix and match and make something suits your playstyle fully. I’m a big fan of ANet, especially after what they achieved in GW1 with that class system. I’m hoping they can turn this around.

TL/DR: I agree with op. You peeps who like to do the teleport melee thing more power too yah, but that’s not the way I want to play my Thief.

Darmon, Asura Thief | Darmx, Asura Engineer
[EU] Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

All Anet really need to do is remove ground targeting from our SB skills. This way we can activate the skills even out of range.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

All Anet really need to do is remove ground targeting from our SB skills. This way we can activate the skills even out of range.

i think u may be onto something here. so CB goes right to the person as far as it can reach…makes it easier to get off. i tell you how many times i have tried to get every last lil bit of range out of it and ends up costed me 3-4 seconds trying to get every inch…red green red green red green red red red green lol. would be nice.

in Thief

Posted by: Sarrow.2785

Sarrow.2785

The whole premise of gw is to play whatever class however you want. This thread just reinforces how thief is still only a melee range skirmisher. Reverting the cb nerf will be one step in the right direction because players want choices.

Admiral Mournn, Tarnished Coast

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Shadow Refuge->Exit Keep->Do something->Steal on someone at the gate->Get back in->Profit

You can get into keeps/towers via steal?

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Shadow Refuge->Exit Keep->Do something->Steal on someone at the gate->Get back in->Profit

He said;
“Steal on someone at the gate->Get back in”

Meaning you steal at someone bashing at the gate, then run like a dog inside. I know what he meant ‘cause I’ve done it myself.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Arganthium.5638

He said;
“Steal on someone at the gate->Get back in”

Meaning you steal at someone bashing at the gate, then run like a dog inside. I know what he meant ‘cause I’ve done it myself.

Oh, I see.

Would’ve been cool though. : /

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Op

Seriously

Would you have a class that can range at 1200 and yet be easily killed?

or

Having a class that doesn’t range at 1200 that can not be killed?

The Point I’m making is just because a class can range, doesn’t make it more than a class who can’t.

You and all theives should know this..

(Thief having the Highest Single Attack (low Range), Highest Bursts, in all classes combined would make it clearly OP if it ever were to be ranged at 1200)

Not Forgetting Thief having the Highest Mobility in all class combined.. and if Arena net were to make thief at 1200 range, would be a Knightmare for WvW, Spvp and Pve.

In other word,

Be Satisfied and Appreciate of what you have.

Afterall

Your The Superior Class at every Range, no matter what Range.

(as a Ranger, we would glady trade place with you in a hear-beat)

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Thief

Arganthium.5638

[snip]

Actually, BS to the backside isn’t the highest-damage single attack in the game (assuming that’s what you were talking about, given that it is the highest-hitting thief skill). As a matter of fact, Eviscerate Stage 2 for Warrior has a damage coefficient that is .1 above BS’s (it equals 2.5), making it more powerful. The third-stage Eviscerate has a coefficient of 3.0, making it 25% more powerful than BS, and that’s assuming BS is actually done to the back.

Kill Shot from the Warrior does even more damage. To put it simply, akittens maximum power, in does over 150% of Backstab’s damage.

Outside of the Warrior, the Ele’s Churning Earth also does significantly more damage than Backstab. In fact, its coefficient of 3.25 makes it do over 133% more damage than BS does. Dragon’s Tooth does only slightly less damage; its coefficient is .15 less than BS’s is (when done to the backside).

Total damage done by the Engi’s Jump Shot is higher than that of a backstab. Every regular bomb dropped by an Engi’s bomb kit does a little bit more than half of a backside BS’s damage, meaning that it does about the same amount of damage as a BS to the frontside.

With all due respect (read: no respect whatsoever), get the hell out of this forum and go do the kitten math yourself. You don’t even know what you’re saying.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Do want.

In GW1, the higher you were relative to your target, the further you could hit them from and the more damage you did.
Made bows WAY more interesting.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

[snip]

Actually, BS to the backside isn’t the highest-damage single attack in the game (assuming that’s what you were talking about, given that it is the highest-hitting thief skill). As a matter of fact, Eviscerate Stage 2 for Warrior has a damage coefficient that is .1 above BS’s (it equals 2.5), making it more powerful. The third-stage Eviscerate has a coefficient of 3.0, making it 25% more powerful than BS, and that’s assuming BS is actually done to the back.

Kill Shot from the Warrior does even more damage. To put it simply, akittens maximum power, in does over 150% of Backstab’s damage.

Outside of the Warrior, the Ele’s Churning Earth also does significantly more damage than Backstab. In fact, its coefficient of 3.25 makes it do over 133% more damage than BS does. Dragon’s Tooth does only slightly less damage; its coefficient is .15 less than BS’s is (when done to the backside).

Total damage done by the Engi’s Jump Shot is higher than that of a backstab. Every regular bomb dropped by an Engi’s bomb kit does a little bit more than half of a backside BS’s damage, meaning that it does about the same amount of damage as a BS to the frontside.

With all due respect (read: no respect whatsoever), get the hell out of this forum and go do the kitten math yourself. You don’t even know what you’re saying.

read his NOT clever duh post duh.. it says uh duh…thieves are the best thing ever and they are god mode and they are like powerful and a duh strong like uh a superhero uh. guy is a troglodyte man lol just ignore him. he has no idea about anything. hes new to game and frustrated he cant do well…

fun fact: 90% of all new generation players tested on mario level 1 could not even beat the first level. i think 70% of them actually died on the first goomba and 50% of the total testers died 2x to that same first goomba!!!!!!!!!!!.

what does this mean? the new generation players need tutorials and instructions and well a real crutch and push me along help guide to do anything that requires effort. quite sad. i immediately thought of this guy everytime i read his post and correlated it to that nintendo study.

(edited by Travlane.5948)

in Thief

Travlane.5948

for your consideration: copy and pasted reply from he president

Satoru Iwata (president):

I actually agree with your assessment. However, since you are speaking as a stockholder, you should agree with our strategy after you hear about the tests we have conducted.

It may come as a shock to some of you that most gamers today can not finish the original Super Mario Brothers game on the Famicom. We have conducted this test over the past few years to see how difficult we should make our games and have found that the number of people unable to finish the first level is steadily increasing.

This year, around 90 percent of the test participants were unable to complete the first level of Super Mario Brothers. We did not assist them in any way except by providing the exact same instruction manual we used back then. Many of them did not read it and the few that did stopped after the first page which did not cover any of the game mechanics.

We watched the replay videos of how the gamers performed and saw that many did not understand simple concepts like bottomless pits. Around 70 percent died to the first Goomba. Another 50 percent died twice. Many thought the coins were enemies and tried to avoid them. Also, most of them did not use the run button. There were many other depressing things we noted but I can not remember them at the moment.

Furthermore, we asked for suggestions on how to improve the game. A majority of them wanted the game to be easier and they suggested many ways to do this. Some of them wanted a mandatory tutorial while others wanted more ways to kill things besides jumping on them. We explained that Mario could shoot fire balls with the Fire Flower power-up, but then they wanted Mario to start with more weapons like a sword or a gun.

Some of the people seemed to be unaware that this was an actual old game that existed as they asked if the retro-style graphics were supposed to be a throwback to old Nintendo games. Some missed the point of the questionnaire completely and said that the graphics and music were terrible and needed to be improved in order for the game to sell. They also wanted a deeper storyline and voice acting.

So, as a stockholder, you should be relieved to know that our games are easier in order to attract a wider audience. As a gamer, you might feel a little sad, and you should be. It is quite sad.

we now officially dub these player types “burnfalls”

(edited by Travlane.5948)

in Thief

Arganthium.5638

[snip]

read his NOT clever duh post duh.. it says uh duh…thieves are the best thing ever and they are god mode and they are like powerful and a duh strong like uh a superhero uh. guy is a troglodyte man lol just ignore him. he has no idea about anything. hes new to game and frustrated he cant do well…

fun fact: 90% of all new generation players tested on mario level 1 could not even beat the first level. i think 70% of them actually died on the first goomba and 50% of the total testers died 2x to that same first goomba!!!!!!!!!!!.

what does this mean? the new generation players need tutorials and instructions and well a real crutch and push me along help guide to do anything that requires effort. quite sad. i immediately thought of this guy everytime i read his post and correlated it to that nintendo study.

Wait… What? Your writing style is similar to Cruuk’s, but at least I can actually understand him…

And you clearly don’t know anything about Burnfall. He’s been on these forums longer than you have, m8. That doesn’t legitimize his statements, but you should really think twice before you speak.

Also, I highly doubt the legitimacy of the cited “study” there.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Travlane.5948

my writing style was sarcasm about his last post. you should read it. the post about what thieves do good. lol read it. its a good laugh

in Thief

Travlane.5948

even if its off a lil. its still a finger pointing at a relevant problem.

in Thief

Arganthium.5638

my writing style was sarcasm about his last post. you should read it. the post about what thieves do good. lol read it. its a good laugh

That’s Really not How He writes, He writes Like This you Know-all Golden Child Thief.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Travlane.5948

@ARGANTHIUM

allow me to quote ur buddy who has so much experience on here. i prolly have more experience in life. i guess that would matter a lil more right? but since we are discussing that lets take a look at his intentions here shall we?

Beside Intentionally being given the Golden Key to WvW and Spvp World Domination amd Unlimmitted Superiority Beyond other class and Game Mechanics, what other purpose you (thief) serves?
What Non-Selfish Purpose do you Provide in group parties beside ‘Stealth’?
I’m being Serious
Not too long ago, the (thief-guildies) in guild chat were discussing how ‘bored’ their class feel (repeating/spamming) the same 1,2,3 win skills and about how non-team support their theif class are.
They discussed how Selfish" Theif Class is and how Theif Class is Entirely a Single Player Game Mode that was Intentionally implimented to MMO: Guild Wars 2 class roster in Hope of Leading The Pack in WvW Dominance and Superiortines to the other class roster"
The Impact has been felt from Day 1 in Guild wars 2 release and how Arena net has been the one ‘pulling the string’ in Securing Theifs World Dominance and Superiority in the Game Mechanics all along and Intentionally Refused to Deal with the Irony and Misery it has caused since.
Their “Nefs/Bugs” fix to this class only Excells this classed to Great Measures beyond any Game Mechanics I ever seen in any Mmo’s.
when you hear of ‘Nerfs’ being implimented to this class, ’don’t jump for joy’ becasue the ‘joy’ you will be jumping to is to your ‘joy to your Qucik Silent Sudden Deaths’ to the Grave, (that they’ve already longed prepared for you, longed before you enter their ‘space’.
In conclusion,
I Encourage Arena net , to fully explain Thief class Purpose beside all.

i dont have to know anything more about him than this,/. thank you very much.

ive never had any problem beating thieves on any class ( i dont player ranger and RAAAAAAAARELY ever warrior so i cant speak out to much of them but warriors are def tough…rangers are a face roll for me other than spirit rangers and the ever healing style ones) everything in ther is wrong…..other than his quotes about other players. go ahead back it up. tell me you agree? ive see you disagree with everything in this post ages ago and pretty regularly. you have always been a general voice of agreeable reason in here. would u really like to support this openly?

in Thief

Travlane.5948

That’s Really not How He writes, He writes Like This you Know-all Golden Child Thief.

when somebody says something obviously ignorant and borderline stupid (id like to think players are just bad not simple and dumb to be honest) but generally just ignorant ( the definition of giving the benefit somebody is not stupid insane wicked or evil) then yes i will allow them to realize that other people (like me) think what they are saying is completely off the level. sometimes that comes in a “sir you are wrong and here is why” sometimes it comes in a “hduh dhm uhg grm fnuff” sarcasm/irony that nothing he says is worth making sense out of. all of which depends on the level of idiocy.

in Thief

Arganthium.5638

@ARGANTHIUM

allow me to quote ur buddy who has so much experience on here. i prolly have more experience in life. i guess that would matter a lil more right? but since we are discussing that lets take a look at his intentions here shall we?

Beside Intentionally being given the Golden Key to WvW and Spvp World Domination amd Unlimmitted Superiority Beyond other class and Game Mechanics, what other purpose you (thief) serves?
What Non-Selfish Purpose do you Provide in group parties beside ‘Stealth’?
I’m being Serious
Not too long ago, the (thief-guildies) in guild chat were discussing how ‘bored’ their class feel (repeating/spamming) the same 1,2,3 win skills and about how non-team support their theif class are.
They discussed how Selfish" Theif Class is and how Theif Class is Entirely a Single Player Game Mode that was Intentionally implimented to MMO: Guild Wars 2 class roster in Hope of Leading The Pack in WvW Dominance and Superiortines to the other class roster"
The Impact has been felt from Day 1 in Guild wars 2 release and how Arena net has been the one ‘pulling the string’ in Securing Theifs World Dominance and Superiority in the Game Mechanics all along and Intentionally Refused to Deal with the Irony and Misery it has caused since.
Their “Nefs/Bugs” fix to this class only Excells this classed to Great Measures beyond any Game Mechanics I ever seen in any Mmo’s.
when you hear of ‘Nerfs’ being implimented to this class, ’don’t jump for joy’ becasue the ‘joy’ you will be jumping to is to your ‘joy to your Qucik Silent Sudden Deaths’ to the Grave, (that they’ve already longed prepared for you, longed before you enter their ‘space’.
In conclusion,
I Encourage Arena net , to fully explain Thief class Purpose beside all.

i dont have to know anything more about him than this,/. thank you very much.

ive never had any problem beating thieves on any class ( i dont player ranger and RAAAAAAAARELY ever warrior so i cant speak out to much of them but warriors are def tough…rangers are a face roll for me other than spirit rangers and the ever healing style ones) everything in ther is wrong…..other than his quotes about other players. go ahead back it up. tell me you agree? ive see you disagree with everything in this post ages ago and pretty regularly. you have always been a general voice of agreeable reason in here. would u really like to support this openly?

My opposition to your statements does not translate into me supporting Burnfall. If anything, I think he’s a kitten idiot. Just go read the comments I made on that post you quoted, and that should be more than enough to show you that I absolutely have no interest in supporting him.

That being said, you can’t thrash him for something that we both know is false. He’s been on the forums quite a while. He’s certainly no newbie to the game. That doesn’t make him a rational human being or intelligent about the game. But it means that there are no grounds to accuse him of lacking experience of the game/forums, as that’s clearly untrue.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Posted by: Chew Magna.4830

Chew Magna.4830

this takes incredible programm skills and a working knowledge of physics. srry anet cant afford to hire people with this sort of education :P they do it themselves it seems. i mean if im wrong then its just laziness ….sooooo…. yeah i agree. it should be like this without saying!

They had it in GW1.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

They had it in GW1.

pathing routes were different and so were many skills …gw2 is much more complex….and rather than doing such things like balistics and arrows reaching farther n more dmg from height/distance…… its just reaaaaaaaaaaly hard to program like that and have 0 bugs. hell i bet they initially tried it. i mean why would they take it out ? makes no sense right? no benefits to NOT having it so obviously there was a glitch/hitch/catch to having it. terrain could be the problem. its more complex. idk too many variables but complexity was without the problem.

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

They had it in GW1.

pathing routes were different and so were many skills …gw2 is much more complex….and rather than doing such things like balistics and arrows reaching farther n more dmg from height/distance…… its just reaaaaaaaaaaly hard to program like that and have 0 bugs. hell i bet they initially tried it. i mean why would they take it out ? makes no sense right? no benefits to NOT having it so obviously there was a glitch/hitch/catch to having it. terrain could be the problem. its more complex. idk too many variables but complexity was without the problem.

You’re making a lot of assumptions.

in Thief

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

I would really love to have Rifle as a long range weapon. I wouldn’t mind giving up some mobility while it’s equipped either. Just a high burst, high initiative use, single target, long range weapon.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Ballistics aren’t hard to script and how far a projectile goes before hitting
ground in a certain speed is common physics knowledge.
The biggest problem would be the amount of work to overhaul all projectile
systems and balance them for realistic speed and distance.

And ground targeting codes would be much heavier since they’d do more
than just check if the distance between A and B is below 900, unless
ground targeting had its limit removed and would enter a new mode mode
turning the reticle for instance yellow when it goes above 900, and the projectile
would still only fly 900 unless affected by ballistics, would be good for clusterbomb,
can’t think of anything else that would be affected by this since most ground targeting
abilities are more or less fixed, like runes, drop supply box, dragons tooth etc.

There are already some ballistics systems in the game; siege weapons.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Thief

Travlane.5948

They had it in GW1.

You’re making a lot of assumptions.

yes…. but tell me an alternate theory that makes more sense. would anet take it out to make moremoney? to make a better product? to make us angry? only problem could be complexity from my thought training.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

Ballistics aren’t hard to script and how far a projectile goes before hitting
ground in a certain speed is common physics knowledge.
The biggest problem would be the amount of work to overhaul all projectile
systems and balance them for realistic speed and distance.

And ground targeting codes would be much heavier since they’d do more
than just check if the distance between A and B is below 900, unless
ground targeting had its limit removed and would enter a new mode mode
turning the reticle for instance yellow when it goes above 900, and the projectile
would still only fly 900 unless affected by ballistics, would be good for clusterbomb,
can’t think of anything else that would be affected by this since most ground targeting
abilities are more or less fixed, like runes, drop supply box, dragons tooth etc.

There are already some ballistics systems in the game; siege weapons.

if you are talking projectiles yes. not so much flight patterns and physics.