This months SPvP whine.

This months SPvP whine.

in Thief

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

Take a look, we dodge to much. After this is nerfed I expect our medium armor to be removed as well.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Thief-too-much-evade-cleanse-and-port/first#post1949402

This months SPvP whine.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Let’s remove stealth too! I mean its also OP right?
CRYFEST! READ ME NOW!

This months SPvP whine.

in Thief

PearlGore.7419

lol yes I did see that one as well.

This months SPvP whine.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

This one is classic.

Fighting a good thief is no fun at all. You keep having to hit nearest target to lock on, they’re blinking all over the place (the newer builds, I think it’s S/something, especially port-happy it seems) and it’s a chore.

It’s just annoying. Constantly fighting the GUI to keep the target locked, constantly having to re-apply conditions thanks to cleanse on stealth/port/whatever it is that’s doing it.

Kudos to the good thief. I guess that guy only wants to fight “bad” thieves…says a lot of what kind of player he is.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

This months SPvP whine.

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Next up:
Thieves are too common in public lobbies – please autoban them all!

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

This months SPvP whine.

in Thief

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

It’s always seemed weird to me that my guardian in plate armor can dodge much more often than my thief, due to easy access to perma vigor. My mesmer, ele, and engineer can too, but it’s the strangest on the guardian.

This months SPvP whine.

in Thief

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

Lol at that quote vincent. If that’s how he feels what does he feel about good Mesmer’s? Personally I enjoy a good challenge but hey that’s me, and to be honest, whilst sometimes annoying the Thief profession is rarely a challenge in a fight. Just more L2P posts

Aurora Glade [EU]

This months SPvP whine.

in Thief

Posted by: LovefulfillsAll.4870

LovefulfillsAll.4870

I find this very frustrating, Other plays won’t be happy until we are nerfed so hard that they can win with little to no effort

You know at this point after so many nerfs and actually in need of some buffs. It’s truly a l2play problem. I hope Anet realizes this and stops listening to the constant whine. Because it will stay until we don’t do anything anymore.

This months SPvP whine.

in Thief

Posted by: Elmuerto.9840

Elmuerto.9840

haha! Indeed Vargs! It belies all common sense – like seriously that midget race Asura hits as hard as a Charr and run as fast with their little bitty legs – meanwhile and people can say whatever they want about using keystrokes to move to next target, its not easy targeting a smaller Asura toon in a fast moving game as a larger Charr when clicking with your mouse. Coming from a P&P background many years ago races had proper traits and stats associated – but not GW2 – yep Asuras arm wrestle Norns like a boss.

This months SPvP whine.

in Thief

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Take a look, we dodge to much. After this is nerfed I expect our medium armor to be removed as well.

I’m sure no one wants to see naked thief.

Mmm…

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

This months SPvP whine.

in Thief

Posted by: Kitcat.1739

Kitcat.1739

Mmm…

Rename the profession: call it “The Streaker.”

Puts a whole new spin on the “invisibility is our only defense!” mantra.

“Premade”
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

This months SPvP whine.

in Thief

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

Mmm…

Hey, I’ve been waiting for some sexy revealing armour for my manly thief for a while now!

Maybe they’ll force all our armour off. I mean, a good thief has to stay light on his feet, mirite?

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

This months SPvP whine.

in Thief

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

CRYFEST! READ ME NOW!

That thread is more about invisibility as a mechanic than a Thief thread.

Thieves that rely on invisibility as a crutch for their poor play feel addressed personally by the posters, of course.

This months SPvP whine.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

CRYFEST! READ ME NOW!

Thieves that rely on invisibility as a crutch for their poor play feel addressed personally by the posters, of course.

Yeah, well if you expect us to play without stealth then you are pretty much telling us to up our game while making it easy for everyone else.

Secondly, it doesn’t matter if its about invisibility because they are already working on nerfing what makes a thief a thief. If I were to guess, this is the order of things that will be nerfed in the future on the thief (with explainations):

1. Stealth mechanic (because they can’t see them)
  2. Dodging (too many dodges)
  3. Shadowstepping (too many of this too)
  4. S/D and S/P builds (because OP)
  5. Caltrops (we only have two that I know of but the “on dodge” one can put up to 3 stacks of bleeding and cripple (~5s) for free, ;n; too much bleeding yo)
  6. Initiative Regen (when Initiative whoring becomes OP)
  7. Damage (why not…)
  8. Venom trait (“OMFG permavenom!” will be the excuse even though venom isn’t as deadly as bleeding)
  9. Scorpion Wire distance, damage and interrupt (Even though I am mostly PvE I use this to pull people from zergs or pull more threatening mobs from their groups. I love it. It will get nerfed to no damage, 50% distance (600) and no interrupt.)
  10. Vitality and Toughness (when glass builds don’t cut it anymore and Thieves resort to upping their game and using more tanky builds)
  11. Damage (because 3-4k is OP)

This is purely speculation and some ignorance.

(edited by Zacchary.6183)

This months SPvP whine.

in Thief

Posted by: Miserymachine.7512

Miserymachine.7512

By August all Thief characters will only be able to log in for one hour a day, naked, and with only one attack skill called Tickle Fight.

This months SPvP whine.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

CRYFEST! READ ME NOW!

a crutch for poor play? hrm…u do realize that thieves defense is soo low it basically turns every other class /build into near bersker style when playing against a thief right? or is that just normal / fair bc thief means soft? tsk tsk. tell me the trade off for the lack of defnse….lack of hp….lack of invulnerabilty…..and only slightly above average dmg now. i gotta say they are behind mesmers in dmg….and myabe tied with warriors….so id love to know why you think thieves shouldtnt be given something good? or did i misunderstand your post? sorry if i did but seems like u were saying thieves rely on steawlth bc they are bad?

This months SPvP whine.

in Thief

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Mmm…

Hey, I’ve had a great idea right now! What about that: we start naked and we have to “steal” our way into getting clothes! Now, that makes soooo much sense, considering we are thieves!
Medium armor? Like I care! Be aware light armor girly users! I’m coming for ya~!

This months SPvP whine.

in Thief

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

Yeah, well if you expect us to play without stealth then you are pretty much telling us to up our game while making it easy for everyone else.

As the Thief is now you probably shouldn’t play without stealth – it’s drastically ingrained into the class’s design for both offense and defense. The point of the thread is that such a class is broken by design.

a crutch for poor play? hrm…u do realize that thieves defense is soo low it basically turns every other class /build into near bersker style when playing against a thief right? or is that just normal / fair bc thief means soft? tsk tsk. tell me the trade off for the lack of defnse….lack of hp….lack of invulnerabilty…..and only slightly above average dmg now. i gotta say they are behind mesmers in dmg….and myabe tied with warriors….so id love to know why you think thieves shouldtnt be given something good? or did i misunderstand your post? sorry if i did but seems like u were saying thieves rely on steawlth bc they are bad?

The reason Thieves have poor health is because anything else combined with stealth would be even more hilariously broken. It’s also the dilemma with stealth classes – invisibility is so powerful that balancing the class is a stupidly complex dance.

I don’t even know what to say about “slightly above average damage” or “every other class is zerker”. It’s true that you have a low health value – but that’s why you have more abilities with evasion frames and easy access to invisibility. I don’t have much of a problem surviving for extended periods time in battle thanks to stealth.

What I am saying is that bad thieves really do need stealth because without such a powerful mechanic they’d actually have to learn how to play the class and respond to an opponent’s actions instead of always choosing the pace of the engagement. That’s why they need to make fun of those threads and put down stealth detractors. It’s a threat to their “Elite Ninja Skills” that, deep down, their performance hinges on a completely one sided mechanic. IE. Roguecraft syndrome.

This months SPvP whine.

in Thief

Posted by: Silas Drake.8946

Silas Drake.8946

As the Thief is now you probably shouldn’t play without stealth – it’s drastically ingrained into the class’s design for both offense and defense. The point of the thread is that such a class is broken by design.

The reason Thieves have poor health is because anything else combined with stealth would be even more hilariously broken. It’s also the dilemma with stealth classes – invisibility is so powerful that balancing the class is a stupidly complex dance.

I don’t even know what to say about “slightly above average damage” or “every other class is zerker”. It’s true that you have a low health value – but that’s why you have more abilities with evasion frames and easy access to invisibility. I don’t have much of a problem surviving for extended periods time in battle thanks to stealth.

What I am saying is that bad thieves really do need stealth because without such a powerful mechanic they’d actually have to learn how to play the class and respond to an opponent’s actions instead of always choosing the pace of the engagement. That’s why they need to make fun of those threads and put down stealth detractors. It’s a threat to their “Elite Ninja Skills” that, deep down, their performance hinges on a completely one sided mechanic. IE. Roguecraft syndrome.

You hit nail on the head my friend. Or was it the nail in the coffen of this thread? Bad thieves make me feel bad for the image they impose on good thieves.

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

This months SPvP whine.

in Thief

Posted by: LovefulfillsAll.4870

LovefulfillsAll.4870

You know what is also funny and something to be considered about the stereo-type of stealth hating people?

Scenario 1 in a duel – Thief does not stealth, does not obey what he’s balanced around and tries to face smack the other player like a warrior and then loses horribly. The player then says “GG” ( LOL)

Scenario 2 in a duel – Thief uses stealth, obeys class mechanics, actually plays like a thief and wins the bout. Then the guy says “QQ your OP”
Followed by these huge stealth QQ fest.

This breaks down to l2play. Stealth itself does not win games. And of all games to see so much QQ about it when you can still slap the thief around in stealth if he’s actually as bad as you claim.

This months SPvP whine.

in Thief

PearlGore.7419

You hit nail on the head my friend. Or was it the nail in the coffen of this thread? Bad thieves make me feel bad for the image they impose on good thieves.

May want to try reading what the thread is about rather then taking one guys reply and calling it over lol.