Throw Gunk

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: Rascalking.9845

Rascalking.9845

This is the stolen skill from engineers and multiple different NPCs. What I have recently learned is it will reveal a thief, even if the thief is not attacking. Just someone standing on top of the field will reveal you. Don’t quite think this is fair. Would also like to mention other condition fields like choking gas and caltrops don’t have this effect, even if I put them down while stealthed. I understand if I put the gunk down from stealth, but if I throw gunk down, then stealth, I should say stealthed. Thoughts?

Black Devil Brigade [SSF]
#Maguuma

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: MyCondolences.8172

MyCondolences.8172

throw gunk does dmg and your other 2 apply conditions.
Stealth is broken if you do any physical dmg.

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Rascalking.9845

throw gunk does dmg and your other 2 apply conditions.
Stealth is broken if you do any physical dmg.

Figuring it only does physical damage when I throw it, and my complaint is it breaking stealth when I stealth after the skill is thrown, I would advise you to re-read my post.

#Maguuma

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

No, it doesn’t. It pulses physical damage continuously.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Rascalking.9845

Just tested, it pulses for an extremely low amount of damage. I’ll admit my mistake. They should honestly change it though, pretty stupid figuring the whole premise of the skill is to give conditions + etheral field.

#Maguuma

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Yeah no it pulses dmg. Here go to Orr and get a throw gunk. Throw it at an enemy then run up to them and CnD. Youll literally have no time for a BS before youre revealed

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

I would like throw gunk to get a different function altogether, really. In PvP it seems like the most useless stolen skill, and it feels only situationally useful in PvE.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: makiface.3286

makiface.3286

I always liked it as a condition thief because it let me put confusion and burning on mobs as I shot through it.

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

I leap through it and auto them until they move off of it. The chaos armor helps you keep some pressure on them while giving you a little bit of defense.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: Asahi.1487

Asahi.1487

blast finisher it and give your team a boost

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’d rather be able to steal a big ol’ bomb from engis.

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I’m P/D, only use it when I know I’m not going to need Stealth until the gunk pool is gone. Every now and then I’ll gunk and immediately Pistol #2 them for an immobilize in the gunk to play the random condition lotto on the target.

I like the Shortbow #2 blast finish in it because it’s pretty. Actually, if it makes the target hesitate about hitting you, great. But really, I don’t want to take any hits, ever. So, it’s meh, but pretty.

We’re thieves. Style points, reowr.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i find ice stab that we can steal from eles is horse kitten and is useless in 90% of the time… gunk at least allows quite few combo finishers

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Just tested, it pulses for an extremely low amount of damage. I’ll admit my mistake. They should honestly change it though, pretty stupid figuring the whole premise of the skill is to give conditions + etheral field.

I think the difference is that Throw Gunk is considered a projectile that requires a target that causes an AoE effect or field, while Choking Gas and Caltrops are ground targetting AoE.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: Lamuness.3570

Lamuness.3570

i find ice stab that we can steal from eles is horse kitten and is useless in 90% of the time… gunk at least allows quite few combo finishers

This. At least throw gunk gives you a nice field for a blast finisher.

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

As d/p thief I usually discard this ability away from enemies or throw it at someone after backstab.

Just another noob thief…

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

I’d rather be able to steal a big ol’ bomb from engis.

As much as I like Throw Gunk right now because of its combo applications (I actually wish the field last longer), getting a big bomb would be great. Although the complaints from this would compound with the stolen Fear skill Thieves already have.

Call me Smith.

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

Throw it on a downed body.

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

I’d rather steal Gear shield or something from engineers, would come in more useful against their condi spam, or Big Ol’ Bomb.

Throw Gunk is the worst stolen skill currently, ofc it’s useful for detargeting throwing it on the ground, performing sneak attack and 2 body shots or dancing daggers through it. But if you rely on stealth it’s more likely to kill you otherwise.

Necro, Ranger, Warrior and Mesmer stolen skills are my favourites.
The thief stolen helps you just as much as it does for the other thief.
The guardian stolen is necessary to kill good ones and causing shock on other players expecting short dazes.

Then the engineer one, may kill you, doesn’t change much, ppl can step out of it with ease. Chaos Armor, sure, it’s strong, but avoidable and short, in a teamfights with SB it can give the team chaos armor twice, which can be pretty nice, but not enough for me to find it good. It’s the only stolen skill I don’t feel guilty for throwing away before engaging.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

(edited by Ghostwolf.9863)

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

It’s hella good on a condition build.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: Syncesta.7592

Syncesta.7592

Throw Gunk is great
Surprise Shot him and then use it and spam cluster bomb
or just throw it on downed players and spam cluster bomb

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

While I don’t think this skill is flawless but a full duration of this skill can take down 50-60% of your hp bar. As a range Thief I would take this skill over Ice Stab and Mace Head Crack anyday.

All is vain.

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Throw Gunk is very good when you immobilize your enemy and use pistol in main hand, for either unload or sneak attack. Thieves have better ways of cleaving downed enemies than throwing it on top of them, but sometimes it is a good move aswell.

Just remember to have your enemy immobilized or stunned first!

Signed, level 1 alt

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

As P/P (no stealth), I find Throw Gunk a lot more useful than Ice Shard. :-)

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

In A Condition build I love this steal. It one of the best. I can through gunk, get chaos armor on myself and then confusion on the enemy to add even more pressure from my build.

Throw Gunk

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

ya i think that ice stab from the elements is bad .
i wish u could throw it at least