Too much for the average player to handle?

in Thief

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

15 acrobatics
Signet of agility
Energy sigil on both weapon swap

I’m not an elite thief player but it seems if you dodge/evade too much you make people angry.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Or if you stealth to much, or if you do to much dmg, or if you reset and are a skillless 2/3 spamming n00b who cheeses his way to victory. Anything other than that and youre ok. So basically youre only allowed an offhand, and even then…

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

If you kill them you are OP. That is how it works.

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

If you do something that is easy and counters them, you are running a cheese build. When you do what a cheese build can do but in a way that requires more skill, if you die you’re a noob, but if you win it’s still a cheese build. If your build or play style enables you to counter a crucial part of their rotation or routine, you are running a cheese build. If they are running a cheese build, and you do it better or counter it, you are running a cheese build. If you burst and kite, you’re running a cheese build. If you tank all their hits, you’re running a cheese build. If you build to have the best of both, you are running a cheese build. If you use a cheese build, you are a noob. If you fail at using a cheese build, you are a noob. If you don’t use a cheese build and fail, you’re a noob. If no one identifies anything cheesy and you win, you’re a noob out of spite.

So, we all run cheese builds. We’re all noobs. We should instead be calling each other "bigger noob" or stating that the other "uses more cheese".

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Oh, and of course, if you’ve never fought anyone before, or played any matches, or been to WvW, or even completed any PVE content; have no gear, no weapons, and no trait points allocated and your class is Thief: you are running a cheese build.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in Thief

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

TBH I’m surprised they haven’t nerfed sigil of energy, but I don’t think that’ll ever happen.

The frustrating part about such builds is that it can be tough to counter what their doing. You either need to make them run into something like a line of warding to they get interrupted, or just hope for a lucky immobilize.

Weakness would help out, but you have to land the ability that causes weakness, which they just evade.

Of course, using such a build means you won’t be killing them as much as they aren’t killing you. The only true application for it is node holding in sPvP, and even then it can fall short of other things.

They are removing capricorn though… could make some infinite evade builds to hold ruins that would occupy whole teams for the duration of a match.

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Or if you stealth to much, or if you do to much dmg, or if you reset and are a skillless 2/3 spamming n00b who cheeses his way to victory. Anything other than that and youre ok. So basically youre only allowed an offhand, and even then…

Actually your only allow the off-hand ( cause I’ve seen some one get kills while rocking only a mh dagger -_-), blind folded, hopping around with one leg, with someone gripping your testicles…. Still even then …..

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Actually your only allow the off-hand ( cause I’ve seen some one get kills while rocking only a mh dagger -_-), blind folded, hopping around with one leg, with someone gripping your testicles…. Still even then …..

Did you watch till the end of that video? The last fight was him only using CnD, no mainhand equipped (if you’re talking about the guy I think you’re talking about).

NO WEAPONS ALLOWED AT ALL!

…. oh wait…. TeamBattleAxe with perplexity runes and fireworks…

NO TRAITS OR RUNES!

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

When you spend all day dodging, when do you deal damage?

I mean isn’t this exactly what S/D Evade-spam was about? And that’s no longer meta for a reason.

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

If you kill them you are OP. That is how it works.

And, if we die, they call us noobs.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

in Thief

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Enemy is most vulnerable after they attack. Just a basic principle of some fighting games.

I mean isn’t this exactly what S/D Evade-spam was about? And that’s no longer meta for a reason.

I have no clue what’s meta these days.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Thief

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

They can’t beat us, they can’t join us, so they just hate us.
It is a sad truth in this world.

in Thief

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

but ppl keeps calling me S/D evade so chees or prolly theyre angry for not hitting their burst on me “i said s/d is dead now the new cheese build is s/p pistol whip spam!”

in Thief

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

even if you Play a build without stealth and fully concentrate on dodging, your still be hated … so sad

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

in Thief

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

and actually you can hit while dodging just needs perfect timing exclude flanking strike

in Thief

Posted by: Splatter Paw.7238

Splatter Paw.7238

Funny part is on our forum is a bunch of “omg my glass cannon (insert class) got killed in under 5 sec when I wasn’t paying attention OP”. However you look on other class forums of what classes are hard to fight for them and everyone’s like “I eat thieves for breakfast lunch and dinner”. It just didn’t make sense, makes me chuckle though